1.    #1  
    has anyone ever open the pre slider and found two hard wires, almost like jewelry wire, hanging down between the front and back. they look almost like they have come unhooked from one side, the left, and they hang down in front of my keyboard. any ideas? thinking of trying to take apart the phone but thought i'd get some feedback first. my pre is about 8 months old, btw.
    hmm... i would try to take it in see if it's something that can be fixed at the sprint store. who knows maybe they'll replace it for free?

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    pictures?
  4.    #4  
    trying to send picture. not sure if got it attached right. picture not real clear, as only good camera i have is on my pre, and well, cant use that. took phone by sprint store. they said get ahold of the phone insure people, but jus replaced my other pre on my account last month, and dont want another claim already.

phonewire.jpg
    I'd also suggest calling Palm (+1 408 617 7000 Main Phone) and explaining the issue to them. They may cover it.
    Definitely warranty material. I am so shocked how people don't persue warranty repairs and pay $100 for insurance replacement. I my 10 history of smart phones I have never had insurance, warranty always covered. (BTW I do carry an home owners insurance rider in case $34 a year) Palm is easy to work with.
    Ugg... this is why I didn't buy this phone. Amateur Build Quality.

The wires look like the phone's antenna to me. There is no way you wouldn't notice a problem withyour phone if they didn't just "hang out".

Probably some cheap glue kept it on both sides of the screen, until normal wear and tear took it off. Ugg... take it in.
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs
  8.    #8  
    so i "chatted" with palm support. it is covered by warranty. 2 options. A) send it in and let them repair it and send it back to me (does this option seem as unfeasible to others as it does to me? hmmm. no phone or means of communication for who knows how long?) or B) pay $29.95 for them to replace it with a "refurbished" phone. or i guess option C. turn it into insure and have yet another claim. i'm not real happy with palm right now. and after looking online on how to take apart a pre, yes i do believe these are phone antenna and have come what looks more like unhooked than unglued, but regardless, unattached on one sides. and no, have noticed no problems other than them hanging down, obscuring keyboard.
    Last edited by bsncj09; 04/06/2010 at 02:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsncj09 View Post
    so i "chatted" with palm support. it is covered by warranty. 2 options. A) send it in and let them repair it and send it back to me (does this option seem as unfeasible to others as it does to me? hmmm. no phone or means of communication for who knows how long?) or B) pay $29.95 for them to replace it with a "refurbished" phone. or i guess option C. turn it into insure and have yet another claim. i'm not real happy with palm right now. and after looking online on how to take apart a pre, yes i do believe these are phone antenna and have come what looks more like unhooked than unglued, but regardless, unattached on one sides. and no, have noticed no problems other than them hanging down, obscuring keyboard.
    If it is covered under manufacturers warranty, why are they asking you to pay $29.95? I had my first pre replaced under manufacturer warranty and there was no cost. I called Palm, told them the issue and they said that they would cover it. I just took it to the local Best Buy, told them Palm said it was to be replaced and they did.
  10.    #10  
    i dont know why those only options i was given. possibly because all it basically needs to repair it is minor, so they wont replace it with a new one. they will fix it or send me basically a used on, but no talk of me going to sprint store and saying palm said it was to be replaced came up....
    My daughters Pre had this problem. I took it to a Sprint repair store and they got me a free replacement.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    If you have insurance walk into the carrier store and get a replacement... Whats the point of having insurance if your not gonna use it...
    Quote Originally Posted by bsncj09 View Post
    took phone by sprint store. they said get ahold of the phone insure people, but jus replaced my other pre on my account last month, and dont want another claim already.
    Do *NOT* let them get away with telling you it's an insurance claim (requiring a $100 deductible). This is a warranty claim which should be replaced for no cost. Go back and tell them that you know there's a 1 year warranty on the phone. If they ignore you, call Sprint directly: *2 from your phone or 888-211-4727 from any phone.

I'm on my 5th warranty replaced Pre. My son is on his 5th warranty replaced Pixi. All of which have been replaced for $0. The only way this should be an insurance claim is if you did something outside of normal use to break it, and opening the slider is very definitely normal use.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  14.    #14  
    so, talked to sprint rep on phone yesterday. explained the loose antenna wire, explained the options palm gave me, and the rep told me they would replace the phone for me. then when they go to write up the order, apparently there was a "flag" on the phone, saying physical damage had been done to it. the rep put me on hold for quite a while trying to determine who put the flag on it, but could not find out. i've never turned this phone in anywhere saying there was damage done to it. so i quess today, i will call palm and actually talk to someone instead of doing the online chat thing. and i'm not happy and i'm planning on resolving to this problem today.