1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how you can delete the notifications in the facebook beta after you have read them and also my pre continues to update the same notifications to my phone every hour or so, the same ones. Need your help.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I am having the exact same problem and was about to post it.
    I had the same issue. I gave up and disabled the notifications until the next release.
  4.    #4  
    How do you disable the notifications?
    Tap to appmenu (left top of the screen) and select Preferences & Accounts. Notifications can be disabled there.
    did you go to the notification menu and tap those notifications marked as new?
    i too have the same problem, you can either, disable them, which sucks, or have them enable and sometimes get same notification show up.

i've decided to leave them on, and just deal w/ it, although it is a bit annoying.. it's beta what can you expect.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  8.    #8  
    if you are talking about the upper left earth with the little circle telling how many notifications, yes but they continoe to stay there. Wish it was setup that once you looked at the notifications you could delete them. I set the notifications to manual. Hopefully that will help.
    i think he means the notification area at the bottom of the phone. ex: like a text message.

You get a notification saying you have a notification in Facebook Beta, you click on the Facebook Icon in the bottom right hand notification area and it launches facebook beta.

Once in facebook beta it will show you your notifications, if you do not click on each notification before closing facebook, about a minute later you will get a notification on the bottom of your phone saying you have facebook notifications. Even though they are the same ones.

only way i've seen to stop this is to click on each notification before closing it.

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Yeah, hopefully we get "Mark Read" and "Mark All As Read" options in a version coming up.
  11.    #11  
    thanks! I didn't realize you had to click on each notification, that's probably why the notifications keep coming up. Thanks for all the responses.
    I'm really not seeing the same behavior on mine. But maybe cause I deactivate the new notifications. I will say that Tweed is more annoying with this by notifying me twice for list update notifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Yeah, hopefully we get "Mark Read" and "Mark All As Read" options in a version coming up.
    i like this or a simple swipe to the side to delete would be cool too

from my experience you have to actually go in on the facebook app and click each notification and read it for it to not notify you the next hour.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I would like it if when the notifications box were opened, all are marked as read automatically. One of the other things I am noticing is from time to time, the app gets stuck in loop mode trying to update and this kills even my extended battery.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csquare View Post
    I would like it if when the notifications box were opened, all are marked as read automatically. One of the other things I am noticing is from time to time, the app gets stuck in loop mode trying to update and this kills even my extended battery.
    That would be an awesome feature to add. Still... it is fun having Facebook notifications the same way I get email ones. Just wish they were as easy to delete. Do you still get the refresh loop in the 1.16 beta? I thought they fixed that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Naris View Post
    That would be an awesome feature to add. Still... it is fun having Facebook notifications the same way I get email ones. Just wish they were as easy to delete. Do you still get the refresh loop in the 1.16 beta? I thought they fixed that...
    yes, at least i do. notifications work better, before it had a hard time loading them, it would get stuck in loading.

Quote Originally Posted by csquare View Post
    I would like it if when the notifications box were opened, all are marked as read automatically.
    My experience with other apps like Tweed it will constantly nag you until you open the notification so I'm not sure if this is possible currently on WebOS.