Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You might also want to add that you can enter the commands through Linux Commandline command in WOSQI, enter everything line by line, except you need to upload to / instead of tmp as for some reason CommandLine doesn't work with cd.
    One more reason why you should use the Windows terminal, right? Plus, if you upload your files into /tmp, you dont have to worry about forgetting to erase something. When you reboot the phone all /tmp garbage is cleaned automatically. Sorry, I'm not used to the Windoze intricate way to do things.

Actually it's only if you have the new combo packs that was released a few months ago. The older combo packs still do not include tethering (i.e. ones that launched with the HSPA network, e.g. Smartphone 45 + $5 hike).
    I see, good to know. I will still tether to death, if you don't mind.
    Thanks for the useful info, Toni.
    Last edited by T3CK; 04/07/2010 at 06:11 AM.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  2. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I installed using WOSQI, and I too thought it didn't work because I couldn't find the icon. I re-installed it, and even looked in 'Device Management' and it showed there, but I still didn't have the icon. I then used Luna Manager to do a rescan, and then it showed up.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    sent the file over with WOSQI then followed your updated commands for windows terminal and got it installed and working. Thanks T3CK
    Some people are like a Slinky...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs
    Oh forgot to add, after you do that, Option+Sym+R to restart Luna. Icon will show up after restart.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    How do you extract files or apps?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I want to extract MHS 1.0.14 to save to my computer so i will always have it i'm on sprint and they will end up breaking it
    1. Download Verizon's Doctor from OP
    2. Use a ZIP program to extract the JAR file and find webOS.tar tarball, I use WinRAR, handles both Tarballs and JAR files
    3. Extract Mobile Hotspot from the Verizon tarball in the webOS tarball
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

You might also want to add that you can enter the commands through Linux Commandline command in WOSQI, enter everything line by line, except you need to upload to / instead of tmp as for some reason CommandLine doesn't work with cd.

Actually it's only if you have the new combo packs that was released a few months ago. The older combo packs still do not include tethering (i.e. ones that launched with the HSPA network, e.g. Smartphone 45 + $5 hike).
    they removed system acces fees, so it's actually cheaper...
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Download from OP? what is OP?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Nevermind I found it at webos internal thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by strick922 View Post
    Download from OP? what is OP?
    OP -> original post.

I guess it's really a Canadian thing since I've only really seen this acronym used extensively on RedFlagDeals.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    1. Download Verizon's Doctor from OP
    2. Use a ZIP program to extract the JAR file and find webOS.tar tarball, I use WinRAR, handles both Tarballs and JAR files
    3. Extract Mobile Hotspot from the Verizon tarball in the webOS tarball
    thanks worked great but I forgot verizon has't updated to 1.4.1 os it still had the old version is there a way I can pull it out of my phone thanks for the all the help I can not find were they store apps in the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by strick922 View Post
    thanks worked great but I forgot verizon has't updated to 1.4.1 os it still had the old version is there a way I can pull it out of my phone thanks for the all the help I can not find were they store apps in the phone?
    You have to do it through ipkg again, I think. ipkg remove.

Think you can do it through Preware as well, mine's taking forever to load so I couldn't check.

But why does it matter? I'm using the same one from 1.4.0 and it works just fine. Although I'm not sure how future updates will work, may need to do the same manual exercise.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Are you on sprint?what version MHS are you running?I was told had to upgrade to version 1.0.14 for it to work and it did .Really what I want to do is have a working version of MHS stored in my computer and stop palm updates so they can't block it from working. I'll try the old version and see if that works thank's for the help
    This thread's about Bell...
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    You have to do it through ipkg again, I think. ipkg remove.
    Just run these commands (posted in the OP):
    Code:
    $ novacom -t open tty://
    # mount -o remount,rw /
    # ipkg remove com.palm.app.mobilehotspot
    # mount -o remount,ro /
    # exit
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    It's working GREAT! Thanks T3CK!

Ok so, the next webOS upgrade will wipe it out & it has to be reinstalled after-wards, right?
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Yes, it will take you 5min to reinstall it.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Question. I moved off my pre about 6 months ago. I have an HTC magic and use wifi tether all the time with no issue. But I simply miss a qwerty smart phone with capacitive touch so I am coming back to it shortly. Plus the CDMA network works in a few spots i need. I have the unlimited data plan. Before I left my Pre, I had a wifi tether app that worked fine on the UNLPDA feature. Has anyone tried the mobile hotspot service on it? Or will I be a guinea pig?
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I was reading into another thread that the battery consumption is crazy, while tethering with Sprint's Hotspot. Not for me, I get outstanding battery life with the Version 1.4.0 .ipk, as I mentioned into first post. Does anyone else on Bell who did my setup have battery issues? The Sprint guys say it drains the battery 1% every 2 minutes. The first time I installed the Hotspot, I tethered for like 2 hours (unplugged + black screen) and the battery drained only 20%.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast