Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm having slight trouble moving the slider open and closing it lately, and wondered if anyone has tried lubricating the sliders. I noticed when I was looking for the source of the sliding issue that if you take out the battery you can actually see the sliders moving up and down.

I do have a Zagg Invisible Shield on and I think it might be interfering with the sliding as well. It's sticking down on the left side, but doesn't seem to make contact anywhere with the other side. The main problem I see is with the bottom lip. If I look closely I see lots of scratches on the bottom lip down from the keyboard area. I've thought about filing this down too but I'm not sure if I'm man enough to do it.. Any thoughts/ideas/better things to do besides destroy my phone?

I could always deal with it too. :P It's just a very small issue..
    seriously? NO
    I must tell you judging by the title, i thought that it was going to get interesting lol
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    I must tell you judging by the title, i thought that it was going to get interesting lol
    We, think alike.
    I actually used WD-40 on the sliders of my old Pre. Creates some ugly streaks on the shiny mirror in the back after you use the slider a few times. I don't recommend it.
  6.    #6  
    LOL@This topic. When it's the newest post at forums.precentral.net, it shows up as "Has anyone lubricated their..."

Looolz. Anyways, yes I'm dead serious.
    I would not recommend wd-40 since it is a water displacer, so what ever lubricate that is already inside the pre,wd-40 will eat it up but if you must i recommend some aerosol lithium grease, works great and never looses it slickness. by saying grease, it is not the grease that you might be thinking of where it is big and gunky,no.but instead it is clear and very light.
    top of the line hair clipper oil? just a thot
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I've used alittle gun oil on a q-tip. Works great and it's designed for metals and plastics, being that's what guns are made from!
    lol same here. Although I would have put the title "lubricated their palm" to make things more PG 13
    I would not recommend wd-40 since it is a water displacer, so what ever lubricate that is already inside the pre,wd-40 will eat it up but if you must i recommend some aerosol lithium grease, works great and never looses it slickness. by saying grease, it is not the grease that you might be thinking of where it is big and gunky,no.but instead it is clear and very light.
    Royal purple manual transmission oil or lucas oil stabilizer are thick greases that work wonders on my bmw
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    I've used alittle gun oil on a q-tip. Works great and it's designed for metals and plastics, being that's what guns are made from!
    RemOil is fantastic stuff. I do the same.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I used some bacon grease that was left over from breakfast...slider works great and the phone has that great bacon aroma the whole day long.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Second thread would be... "anyone wished they had lubricated their Pre?"

This thread could go either way...(no pun intended)

You can try this... but DON'T tell us how it worked
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/05/2010 at 02:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    DAMN!!! I thought I liked my Pre!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Second thread would be... "anyone wished they had lubricated their Pre?"

This thread could go either way...(no pun intended)
    LMAO
    Only on this forum will we get treated to the merits of bacon grease and slider performance. Hilarious!
    Let's see Dieter reference THIS thread in the weekly roundup on the main page. LOL
  19.    #19  
    So no takers? Honestly, I thought a few people would've found a way to make the slider a little easier to actually slide. After all, it is a sliding phone. I really hate it when I can't slide the phone up without concentrating on it.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Has anyone lubricated their Pre?
    No.

I really love my pre, but I don't love it in that way.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast