Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is the 720 mhz patch that much slower than the 800 mhz patch? I notice almost everyone has the 800 mhz as opposed to the 720.

I just wanted to know the speed difference or is there another reason everyone goes with the 800mhz over the 720?
    not really . but its is just a little bit faster just not a whole lot . the 720 works great, just a matter of opinion i guess
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. i installed the 720MHz after the comments on overheating i figured i'd just play it safe with the 720 instead of going top speed with the 800.
    its kool either way they both work well
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Thanks. i installed the 720MHz after the comments on overheating i figured i'd just play it safe with the 720 instead of going top speed with the 800.
    I've run them both, I've found in my situation that the battery pull is a bit stiffer than I want with the 800MHZ, so I rolled back to the 720MHZ and am very satisfied with the performance.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I have a 2600mah battery so I dont need to worry about battery life...
    Battery life will impove slightly with the overclocking paches...and even more so with the CPUScaling app scaling back to 125 or 250 when under 10% cpu load.
    I find it HIGHLY amusing that the aftermarket Kernels developed by the members on here (the 720 and 800) get you far more battery life then what Palm writes, and they made it faster...LOL...Palm really needs to look into this and take a few tips.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    So the battery life is actually better? I have been hesitant to install these because off the potential for overheating/damage....but if it's faster and has better battery life it might be worth it.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by neechi View Post
    So the battery life is actually better? I have been hesitant to install these because off the potential for overheating/damage....but if it's faster and has better battery life it might be worth it.
    to be honest with you my phone has not gotten as hot as it used to one time, since I added the kernal (720MHz).
    I find the 720 patch to be significantly faster than stock, and haven't noticed anything like higher temps or shortened battery life (i haven't noticed an increase either, though, but I've been using GPS a lot).
    I use the 800 Mhz but I think my experience is typical. Minimal heat increases maybe - I really haven't noticed an issue. Battery life is 5% worse. That seems pretty typical.
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Personally, all I wanted is to have a Pre Plus processor speed and the 600Mhz .ipk patch does it for me. Plus, I do a lot of direct streaming (.pls files) and web browsing on my Pre and I don't want to ever worry about temperature.

The speed increase is amazing, don't be fooled by "only" 100Mhz, they kick some serious ***. I actually did an "eye to eye" comparison between my 600Mhz Pre and the . The cards open almost at the same rate (I've simultaneously opened over 25 of them, with no speed issues or "Too many cards" messages), there is no significant improvement that I can see, the way it did when I switched from 500Mhz.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    I use the 800 Mhz but I think my experience is typical. Minimal heat increases maybe - I really haven't noticed an issue. Battery life is 5% worse. That seems pretty typical.
    Same thing here. About the same temperature (no more than 35 C) and my battery life went from 1.xx% per hour to 6.8% per hour. I have the 800 MHz patch.

For anyone that says they get a battery life increase, you need to stop imagining things. The people who created the overclock patch even said there would be a decrease in battery life. It defies logic for there to be an increase in battery life/a reduction in energy usage.
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    I didn't notice any significant increase in battery consumption or heat when using the 800Mhz overclock.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    to be honest with you my phone has not gotten as hot as it used to one time, since I added the kernal (720MHz).
    Same here. I had the 800MHz patch installed and it really tended to heat up during normal to slightly high use (streaming audio or video). I installed the 720MHz patch recently and have been very happy! The speed difference between the two really isn't very noticeable (IMHO) and the amount of heat generated has gone down substantially for me.
    I agree, it seems that 720 is the sweet spot.
    I'm thinking of uninstalling the 800 MHz due to the battery life decrease. Does anyone have any actual stats on the battery life under the 720 MHz patch?
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    My overnight battery average so far has been around 1.9% /hour. Actual usage drain will depend upon the applications you are running and how often you are accessing them.
    I had the 800MHz patch installed for 1.4 and although there was a noticeable increase in heat production, the temperature remained in within the safe zone. However, I did install the temperature alert patch to ease my mind.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast