Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    My overnight battery average so far has been around 1.9% /hour. Actual usage drain will depend upon the applications you are running and how often you are accessing them.
    Was that with the 720 MHz installed?
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    When is the 720 MHz patch comming to Preware?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    Was that with the 720 MHz installed?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    When is the 720 MHz patch comming to Preware?
    You can read about that here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...install-b.html
    I love my 800mhz upgrade. I personally think the standby battery life is the same, but when I'm actively using the Pre, the battery goes down a LITTLE faster (that would make sense to me). I haven't noticed any heat difference (without using gauges).
    ive done both of them. i noticed the 720 is slightly slower than the 800 mhz but the battery life was WAY better with the 720. so im sticking with 720
    I'm looking forward to installing the 800 mHz based on these comments.
    I have the lastest UberKernel and have it set to ScreenState 500->720.

I have tried 800 but I'm OCD about the number 72 so I run the 720 speed.
    Installed the 800MHz and had no problem at all - not even a noticable increase in temperature!
    I'm running the uberkernal at 800Mhz. I only seem to have heat issues when the Pre is on the touchstone while streaming media.

I've never had my Pre at 720mhz so I can't comment on the speed difference.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Is this patch working for 1.4.1? About to buy AT&T Pre Plus next week.
    I used to run the fixed-gear 800 .sh, then the .ipk, and have recently switched to Uber-Kernel + Govnah. Strangely enough, my phone gets WILDLY hot at 800 with the new setup, especially on the touchstone, even when supposedly scaling down to 500 with the screenstate governor. It also sucked down more battery than the fixie 800 kernels did. I didn't like the 720 fixed kernel all that much (did try it for a day or so) but with the Uber-Kernel, 720MHz really does seem like the sweet spot, at least for my device.
    At 800, my Pre would rarely cool down below 35; at 720, it doesn't heat up past 30. And the speed difference is really barely noticeable. Screenstate 500-720 is where it's at for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JHNSTN00 View Post
    Is this patch working for 1.4.1? About to buy AT&T Pre Plus next week.
    It's not a patch in the vein of other webOS patches, it's an entirely new replacement kernel paired with an app that gives you control over how the kernel is supposed to handle your processor speed (Uber-Kernel + Govnah). This kernel is currently working for all flavors of 1.4.x.x on all PRE devices.

Do keep in mind however that overclocking your phone, while helping along world peace and making all of your wildest dreams come true, also might void your warranty. There's a light side and a dark side to anything.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I used to run the fixed-gear 800 .sh, then the .ipk, and have recently switched to Uber-Kernel + Govnah. Strangely enough, my phone gets WILDLY hot at 800 with the new setup, especially on the touchstone, even when supposedly scaling down to 500 with the screenstate governor. It also sucked down more battery than the fixid 800 kernels did. I didn't like the 720 fixed kernel all that much (did try it for a day or so) but with the Uber-Kernel, 720MHz really does seem like the sweet spot, at least for my device.
    At 800, my Pre would rarely cool down below 35; at 720, it doesn't heat up past 30. And the speed difference is really barely noticeable. Screenstate 500-720 is where it's at for me right now.
    I too notice that 720 seems to be best for both battery life & performance. I too seemed to get better results with the older.sh & the IPK files.
    I just started a thread for that same issue. Titled 800/720MHz .sh or IPK & CPU scaler
    I'm now using the settings screenstate max-720 min-500 and my pre is running at the same speed as 800mhz,batt life sucks regardless of what speed or preference being used. Palm need to find a solid solution for batt usage with my beloved palm pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by pantoot View Post
    I agree, it seems that 720 is the sweet spot.
    I agree. I had the 800 first, my phone would randomly get so hot, I had to turn the phone off, and battery life was bad. I went to the 720, and since then I have had no problems at all, and it's virtually just as fast. Way faster than stock.
    Twitter: adamcarter
    sweet...
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yes

You can read about that here:

/b-optimized-webos-1-4-kernel-video-wosqi-720mhz-800-mhz-easy-install-b

it seems that posting has been deleted? i am trying to find info about installing this patch on my 1.4.1.1 but this is the only thread i can find and says deleted by author? is all the info in the signature?! i guess i need to up my posts lol
    dude. i have no clue how to do this. mind givin me a little help?
    Quote Originally Posted by saddam_3 View Post
    dude. i have no clue how to do this. mind givin me a little help?
    Don't do anything with these instructions. Look for Uberkernel and govnah in Preware, also see their respective threads on here for further details.
    I'm using UberKernel and Govnah for 720mhz on/250mhz off on my Pre Plus. Try it out in Preware, much better and interactive than just having a kernel.

I was at 800mhz constantly. Then 800mhz on/250 off after battery life was draining extremely quick and had heat issues. But due to instability (I use the phone quite a bit, opening and closing cards plus beta testing), heat, and battery life I switched to the scaled version.

Everything works great, maybe have a reboot once a week or less (with how much I use this phone that's saying quite a bit, even my treo680 had problems with me).
    i dnt think so. but then agien. why stop at 720. i mean 800 is jst 80mhz of a difrance. dsnt seem like much when u jst jumped frm 500mhz right?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast