Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Are we the only carrier left in the dark? I keep seeing everyone talk about upgrading lol and my phone keeps telling me I'm "up to date".

What gives?
    Sad Verizon Pre Plus user checking in...
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I should be used to this after having the Storm lol...but we normally werent the LAST one on that, we normally got it before the canadians atleast
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    Sad Verizon Pre Plus user checking in...
    How can you be sad after getting mobile hotspot for free this week? I'll take that over 1.4.1(.1) any day of the week.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    How can you be sad after getting mobile hotspot for free this week? I'll take that over 1.4.1(.1) any day of the week.
    because mobile hot spot is really not that useful IMO, doesnt everyone on Sprint have a way to tether for free anyways...same thing
    still patiently awaiting...ugh
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawse771 View Post
    because mobile hot spot is really not that useful IMO, doesnt everyone on Sprint have a way to tether for free anyways...same thing
    I wouldn't say that a fully supported and legal way to tether out of the box is the same as a questionably legal unsupported hack especially to the casual user.
    Cause I'll rarely use the MHS, to be honest. But I do appreciate the option.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I wouldn't say that a fully supported and legal way to tether out of the box is the same as a questionably legal unsupported hack especially to the casual user.
    True but how long do you really think it will be free on VZW? This isn't going to be some forever thing lol..Id give it a couple months max, they're trying to get people hooked before charging im sure
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawse771 View Post
    True but how long do you really think it will be free on VZW? This isn't going to be some forever thing lol..Id give it a couple months max, they're trying to get people hooked before charging im sure
    People have reported getting new 2 year contracts where this is listed as a feature on the 2 year contract. Generally speaking verizon will change the price of features but as long as you signed up for something cheaper they'll let you keep it until you change your plan. I'd say this is here to stay.
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    As much as I like getting the latest updates I wish I had more discipline in waiting and seeing before jumping it. Maybe these Verizon delays are a blessing in disguise.

While I'm waiting I can play around with my free WIFI Hotspot.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    People have reported getting new 2 year contracts where this is listed as a feature on the 2 year contract. Generally speaking verizon will change the price of features but as long as you signed up for something cheaper they'll let you keep it until you change your plan. I'd say this is here to stay.
    Maybe, but no one at the store seemed to have a clue about it...they weren't even aware that it was free (it was adding it automatically to my plan). So only time will tell I guess. I hope you're right (for other peoples sake) I will have limited use for it unless If I happen to be somewhere with my phone & laptop and need to use my laptop to get on the internet instead of my phone...which I dont see happening.

edit: I see free hotspot as being a benefit for mooching friends lol...like someone else needs to use the inet, or their carrier isnt getting 3G service (cough ATT cough)
    I got mine back in early Feb for $99 after my New Every 2 credit. I wish I had waited a couple months now. Could have had it for free. The mobile hotspot option is nice, and in a pinch could probably use it to replace my cable highspeed. 5GB is enough for regular web browsing, messaging, e-mail, etc. Just no intensive video downloads.
    For those of use with the keyboard issue, any reasonable wait is okay, as long as they fix the typing problem. And hopefully the GPS issue. Both are specific to Verizon.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    guys I was a sprint user w 1.4.1.1 and it was beautiful! My phone was back to normal. I just swirched to verizon (for the better nwetwork) and now am bacl at 1.4 and.... Well I am experiencing many fmiliar issues. Especially w the camera. I can't wait for the update!
    Quote Originally Posted by pikap704 View Post
    guys I was a sprint user w 1.4.1.1 and it was beautiful! My phone was back to normal. I just swirched to verizon (for the better nwetwork) and now am bacl at 1.4 and.... Well I am experiencing many fmiliar issues. Especially w the camera. I can't wait for the update!
    I wouldn't be too sure, about 1.4.1.1 fixing anything. I still have lock screen issues. My phone lag (after I got a new phone due to a bad radio) was never on the call screen after replacement. But again im still expierencing reboots randomly and the lock screen background bug.

1.4.1.1 was specifically for sprint for this reason; to remove the nfl app. It soo happens the developer fix was in it also. Luck id say.
    Quote Originally Posted by pikap704 View Post
    That means you paid an early termination fee to leave Sprint(earliest you got the Pre was June of 2009) and now going to pay a lot more with Verizon. Well, this if for another area of discussion.

But on to the topic. Verizon and Palm have to fix a few more problems with the Plus versions (i.e keyboard, gps, etc) plus they do a lot more testing on the firmware than other carriers usually do. It shouldn't be too long though.
    first the android 2.1 now this haha.
    sorry guys.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    1.4.1.1 on my Sprint Pre fixed the double typing/spacing issues that 1.4 introduced. Hopefully it fixes it for the Verizon Pre's as well.
    Buckle up people...verizon just released blackberry os 5 for the tour about 2 months after ALL the other carriers had. 2 months. terrible.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast