1.    #1  
    I have Google voice, but I really don't want to rely on my Google voice number as the only means of receiving visual voicemail. Is there any other way to get this on the Pre?

Doesn't Sprint actually have to offer the service in order for it to work? Do they do it for other phones?

Thanks!
    run a search on this forum for 'YouView'

I use it myself, excellent software...and only $2.99 one time
    Yeah, i bought the app as well... YouView.

It's visual voicemail for your phone as well, and supports Google Voice. You can even listen to your voicemail's online.
    Moto v265 --> LG enV VX9900 --> Moto Q9c --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    Thanks! It's $3.99. but a small price to pay!
    This app and service is awesome! Best VVM I have used including the iphone.
    A bargain!
  6.    #6  
    OK... I just tried to set it up and I'm confused.

First, I need to dial their odd phone number and press send or talk, to confirm my code and forward my unanswered calls. But, this raises two other questions...

1) There is no send or talk button on the Pre, how do I complete this and

2) Doesn't call forwarding cost money each time you forward a call?

Second, I paid $3.99 for the app for my Pre, but when I get to the YouView site it tells me the service is free for Sprint customers (confusing). It also says, "Try having your voicemail transcribed into email (i.e., Visual VoiceMail)." It offers a free trial for this service.

So... what does all this mean? How much am I paying for the privilege of being too lazy to listen to my voicemail?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I was using YouMail on my BlackBerry Curve for over 2 years! I was lucky enough to join the beta testing early on and ended up getting a bunch of their paid-for services for free.

YouView is super excellent -- with some minor exceptions (ie only playing voicemails through the speakerphone) -- and is super quick with downloads and playbacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    I have Google voice, but I really don't want to rely on my Google voice number as the only means of receiving visual voicemail. Is there any other way to get this on the Pre?

Doesn't Sprint actually have to offer the service in order for it to work? Do they do it for other phones?

Thanks!
    youview.com is what I use. There's an app for that...
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    run a search on this forum for 'YouView'

I use it myself, excellent software...and only $2.99 one time
    The youview voicemail service itself is free. You can listen to your email through the browser for free, and you can call a number to hear your messages like traditional voicemail. You can have it text you when you miss a call, etc. They have some paid add ons like speach to text transcription if you want them.

I've been using it for about 2 years. Fanstastic. I have everyone in my family using it, even if they don't have a smart phone.... because they can get their voicemail from the home computer...
    just forward your voice mail to your google number and use gdail. works for me