Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Being a Palm Pre owner (and many other palm products in the past) over these last few weeks i couldn't help but have a overwhelming feeling of the bond that we all share. The way that we all came together from rival Sprint and Verizon carriers to make our voice heard on this cell phone tournament contest was just the latest feather in our cap. I couldn't help but reload the tournament link every few hours for the last 2 weeks just to see how our team was doing, and yet every battle we prevailed victorious amongst all the doubters out there and hopefully on Monday morning we will finish what we started, beaten by no one...To all you guys who voted and are still voting, Thank You

This contest was just the icing on the cake for me however, but in mentioning a thank you to the palm community, how can i not thank all of our awesome developers who work (for free) on making our phones better each day. From the guys who make all the patches, to the guys who make our phones run faster and safer. Thank You

Ever since standing in line at 4am on the morning of June 6th 2009 with you guys, till today, i have not felt closer to a group of people whom i did not know, so for that Thank You

So in ending, I am touched that we have shown and still continue to show all others out there why the Palm community remains at the top of the pack as the best out there.

I am PROUD to be PALM, and be be part of the Palm Community..

Thank You...
    Last edited by flash8o; 04/04/2010 at 11:53 AM.
    Ditto that my friend, ditto that!
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    gotta love the webos family...we deserve to win that tournament. We are the underdogs right now..but that's what being underestimated is all about,so when we(webos) prove ourselves, they'll be more impressed. I believe that palm named this phone a PRE for a deeper reason than we think. When I think of pre I think of PREpare or PREparation, for THEE device that webos will compliment better. I think that our c40 device will be the phone that no phone will compare..webos won us this tournament. That's evident. Hardware is gona put palm and webos over the top. Can't wait!! And not only that but preware will be around webos internalz precentral canuck software with jason and all the patch devs..i wish I could develope patches lol..
    Hey sounds like a good Palm commercial! Anyway I agree with everything you said
  5.    #5  
    Palm just needs to better advertise there product. They need to change the marketing dpt and show the people what the phone and webOS can really do
    being a palm pre early adopter has been an overwhelming experience in my life lol!!...thank you precentral and the entire palm community!!! right now I am suffering a bit because i cracked my screen but my replacement comes tomorrow so Im taking one for the team lol!!
    that's awesome. I've always felt the same. Ever since I got my first Palm TX I started tinkering with different apps, software and hardware (microphone). Now with the Pre it's an even better community and family.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Why do people feel the need to create a thread thanking the community?
    Same with people who make threads about them leaving.

Nah, I'm just joking.

No, seriously.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Same with people who make threads about them leaving.
    Nah, I'm just joking.
    No, seriously.

Not sure how old you are or what your maturity level is for that matter kedar, just from looking at some of your past posts, im pretty sure that you are using many of the patches that are available for your phone. If it were not for the people im thanking, then you would not have these patches to play with. So in essence, stop being selfish and grow up, or better yet, don't say anything at all, until you learn the meaning of appreciation.

You ask the question - ''Why do people feel the need to create a thread thanking the community?''

Simple answer - Because its the right thing to do...A simple thank you will go a long way, and i hope that one day you might realize this. You might wanna carry this lesson for the rest of your life for whatever you might encounter.
    Your Welcome

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by flash8o View Post

You ask the question - ''Why do people feel the need to create a thread thanking the community?''

Simple answer - Because its the right thing to do.
    +1

I cant say what has made me love my pre more webos or the incredible community of both devs and fans.

Thank you Everybody and Happy Easter
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Sorry. Misinterpretation.

I hate it when people say "why do people make threads about themselves leaving?"
    I was making fun of them... it came out the wrong way, but yeah... I do appreciate the developers and the community.
    Just thought the OP should realize precentral is in no way affiliated with PALM inc. and 99% of people on here are either an enthusiast or a developer
    Last edited by 063_xobx; 04/05/2010 at 12:41 AM.
    I am a proud palm pre owner, as you can tell in my signature links, I wanted every thing that i touched to leave a trace of vote pre and support our community. I love this community and we all stick together cause we are a strong team. Even as far as quickoffice goes. we started off with under 100 votes and now we passed 500 in just a day. lets all light a fire under the world **** and make them aware of who we are and get the respect we deserve. Thanks to everyone who voted.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Just thought the OP should realize we are in no way affiliated with PALM inc. and everyone on here is either an enthusiast or a developer
    Not EVERYONE...

But it's always good to see positive feedback. People generally only come to forums when they have problems and often once the problem is fixed you never hear back from them.

People take away from forums that there is always problems, when generally the opposite is true. I mean..I don't go to the doctor just to tell him I'm ok...but that's a whole nother subject.

Enjoy your Pre, enjoy the largest Pre community on the net.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    ok fixed
    Exactly my feelings! I used to be a lurker here for quite some time but this place has really grown on me in the last couple of weeks. I promise to be a more involved member of the community from now on. Thanks to Dieter, Jason R, all the developers and regular posters who make this such a lively place to participate in!
    I thank the community as I have never been involved in a forum as much as I have this one. I check the site daily for all relations to my phone. I had an ipod touch for a year before I got this and never really touched a forum for good or bad. Only went on baw for info regarding updates about my crudy insinct in hopes it would get better. This site has encouraged me to be more active in the mobile feild as I've always had alot of passion for mobile devices and also am glad to see innovation in a device rather then just another device. This site has much more then just issues, it has full threads about world topics other platforms and even thank you. We even have some palm employees onboard who are becoming more proactive and, while I'd like more information, they provide a general idea that palm is hearing us. I believe that, unlike most companies, palm really is about making the best product for the people, not to match a hyped brand which is much more experienced. Palm will continue to innovate. If it wasn't for them or this community I wouldn't be so passionate about designing my own mobile os. I thank palm and the community for that. and hope to see them succede and maybe in the future, work alongside them in harmony with my own mobile os (yes I know I am thinking unrealistic, but would it truly not be nice for two os's to live in harmony and even share some features and concepts rather then what some compnaies do. I see alot of potential from good relations, then plain compitition.)

I apprecaite everything everyone so thanks!
    I'm welling up here!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Maybe they get tired of reading all the whining posts?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast