1.    #1  
    I know the article stated that VZW customers would be getting the 1.4.1 update "in a few weeks" but what does that mean and how long is a few weeks? Does anyone have any good explanations?

is it because of them looking to fix the keyboard issue, implying it is indeed a software issue?

are they waiting for att to release their webOS phones, because they have some feature that the current version doesn't have? If that's the case, I honestly don't understand what verizon is doing with palm...they bring the phone to their customers but don't suggest people buy it, yet they don't want to lose customers to att? Something doesn't add up there.

are they stopping alll support for their current crop of palm webOS phones and just don't care to update them?

are they just being lazy?

Is there some bug in the update that very few customers on other carriers have been complaining about, based on the sense I am getting from people's posts on precentral?

I mean, I know VZW gave us free mobile spot, but come on, I want my pre to be up to date...feel like we are the only webOS customers without the 1.4.1 update. Even with the mobile hotspot, it went unannnounced officially by VZW, and we have no idea if it's just a temp promotion or if it's for the duration of our contracts.

I just don't understand what VZ is doing with Palm...hopefully someone on Precentral is in the know about this and can drop us some hints. I love my pre plus...
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    I know the article stated that VZW customers would be getting the 1.4.1 update "in a few weeks" but what does that mean and how long is a few weeks? Does anyone have any good explanations?

is it because of them looking to fix the keyboard issue, implying it is indeed a software issue?

are they waiting for att to release their webOS phones, because they have some feature that the current version doesn't have? If that's the case, I honestly don't understand what verizon is doing with palm...they bring the phone to their customers but don't suggest people buy it, yet they don't want to lose customers to att? Something doesn't add up there.

are they stopping alll support for their current crop of palm webOS phones and just don't care to update them?

are they just being lazy?

Is there some bug in the update that very few customers on other carriers have been complaining about, based on the sense I am getting from people's posts on precentral?

I mean, I know VZW gave us free mobile spot, but come on, I want my pre to be up to date...feel like we are the only webOS customers without the 1.4.1 update. Even with the mobile hotspot, it went unannnounced officially by VZW, and we have no idea if it's just a temp promotion or if it's for the duration of our contracts.

I just don't understand what VZ is doing with Palm...hopefully someone on Precentral is in the know about this and can drop us some hints. I love my pre plus...
    Actually Verizon is now advertising about the free mobile hotspot, take a look at this advertisement that was on tv recently:
    Lets also do our part in voting webos,for Quickoffice Development
    VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE....DO IT NOW,PLEASE
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    it's just Verizon being Verizon, I have been with them for years, had 2 Blackberrys before the Pre, and yes, they are LAST to release any update to an OS, and sometimes won't release at all if it doesn't fit their network standard. It's just the nature of the beast. they still haven't released the latest release of the OS for the Storm 1 and it's been out on other providers for over 4 months now. We will get it when we get it.
    Verizon is notriously slow on software updates due to their testing standards. The Pre Plus is technically a little different from the Pre so perhaps they are fine tuning the update for that model on Palms end as well. I'm sure it will be out soon. I'm looking forward to it, especially for the touchstone fix.
    maybe they are using sprint customers as lab rats, and now they treat verizon to a different update with more bug fixes!
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    maybe they are using sprint customers as lab rats, and now they treat verizon to a different update with more bug fixes!
    No, Verizon just needs to "test" it more. This process can take anywhere from a few days to a few months. This is probably how it's going to be for all WebOS updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    Yep, and while you are "Sprint" guys and girls are getting testing, on we "Verizon" people are enjoying overclocking patches without fear of screwing anything up...
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    Yep, and while you are "Sprint" guys and girls are getting testing, on we "Verizon" people are enjoying overclocking patches without fear of screwing anything up...
    Reading almost all the "1.4.1.1 and 800MHZ" threads, it seems it's working perfectly Not much changed in the newest update anyway, just some bug fixes for us US users.