Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Yes it is a safety feature. Imagine your in a car driving, you want to call someone. Instead of looking at your phone and selecting the contact and risking your life and others by taking your eyes off the road. You just press the button on you bluetooth, say a command and you can call someone with talkin your eyes off the road. And you really cant see that as a safety feature.

I got the phone because I thought webos would be a great experience, and I'm sorry you didn't find my apology pleasing. But that's not my job.
    You can buy a Parrot Minikit Slim for about $70 and install it in your car and voice dialing works. I have it wired in to my car charger so it powers on when I start my car. It also automatically pairs with my phone or my wife's phone depending on who is in the car. So if you're concerned about your safety, there is a pretty simple solution until voice dialing is implemented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iroc371 View Post
    So people that dont agree with you arent entitled to there opinion, and if I dont like and dont use voice dialing im lying to myself.
    OK

Someone change koolkid's diapers and give him his bottle and hopefully he'll go to sleep
    So your gonna take bits and pieces out of my post to try to make me look childish. real mature. And I'm not just talking about that one feature. I'm talkin about alot of features palm is missing and you all basically giving them a slap on the wrist. Just stop and think how much webos is lacking compared to other devices. And I'm not saying people are not entitled to their opinions, I'm saying if they wont something don't sit here and complain do something about it. Threaten them, request. Don't just sit here sipping on the red kool-aid. Voice your opinions and request with palm so we can actually get something done. And please grow up, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    You can buy a Parrot Minikit Slim for about $70 and install it in your car and voice dialing works. I have it wired in to my car charger so it powers on when I start my car. It also automatically pairs with my phone or my wife's phone depending on who is in the car. So if you're concerned about your safety, there is a pretty simple solution until voice dialing is implemented.
    $70 for something that should be free. Come on really. And do you really think the majority of webos users know about that. All they know about is that their phone is lacking something.
    The iPhone didn't support voice dialing until the 3GS. Of course, Apple can apparently get away with anything, but I think it goes to show that it's not #1 on everyone's must-have feature list.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    The iPhone didn't support voice dialing until the 3GS. Of course, Apple can apparently get away with anything, but I think it goes to show that it's not #1 on everyone's must-have feature list.
    Even though apple didn't have it till years later after the originals release, They have it now and we don't.
    Droid has it too, but I don't use it much because I can't get it to work consistently. Sometimes it dials, sometimes it Googles something close to the name I've spoken. Maybe it's user error, but I find Speed Dial or other solutions more reliable.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    $70 for something that should be free. Come on really. And do you really think the majority of webos users know about that. All they know about is that their phone is lacking something.
    So $70 is too much for your safety? I agree voice dialing should be there, but it's not, so I made MY car a safer place. I'm not going to make assumptions about what most WebOS users know, but anybody reading this knows a way to make their car safer. Trying to provide something useful to this thread.
    So your gonna take bits and pieces out of my post to try to make me look childish. real mature. And I'm not just talking about that one feature. I'm talkin about alot of features palm is missing and you all basically giving them a slap on the wrist. Just stop and think how much webos is lacking compared to other devices. And I'm not saying people are not entitled to their opinions, I'm saying if they wont something don't sit here and complain do something about it. Threaten them, request. Don't just sit here sipping on the red kool-aid. Voice your opinions and request with palm so we can actually get something done. And please grow up, please.
    Well I didn't take anything out of your quote so if even you thinks it makes you sound childish maybe that should tell you something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iroc371 View Post
    Well I didn't take anything out of your quote so if even you thinks it makes you sound childish maybe that should tell you something.
    You directly insulted me. Come one grow up. We are trying to have a respectful conversation over a feature. But you insult me. And judging from your post you didn't even read the whole post. At the end I was saying that for people who would like features. So my comment was for people on both sides of this discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    So $70 is too much for your safety? I agree voice dialing should be there, but it's not, so I made MY car a safer place. I'm not going to make assumptions about what most WebOS users know, but anybody reading this knows a way to make their car safer. Trying to provide something useful to this thread.
    Your right no amount of money is to much for my safety. I'm saying that I should have to pay more to get a feature that shouldn't be free.
    Focusing on more important things???? What do you mean? This is very important, Its a safety feature. And really, how time consuming could it be to just ad it? I mean they can just release the microphone API, and someone could make make an app or patch it in. I wonder do palm use there phones at all.
    Good, it's so easy, you do it.

There now, problem solved.
    Yes it is a safety feature. Imagine your in a car driving, you want to call someone. Instead of looking at your phone and selecting the contact and risking your life and others by taking your eyes off the road. You just press the button on you bluetooth, say a command and you can call someone with talkin your eyes off the road. And you really cant see that as a safety feature.

I got the phone because I thought webos would be a great experience, and I'm sorry you didn't find my apology pleasing. But that's not my job.
    That's not a safety feature, it's an ***** feature. If you find it unsafe, when you want to call someone and can't do it safely with your phone - don't.

I didn't say I didn't find your your apology "pleasing". I pointed out it sounded hollow. It did. Rather than do it, then in the same post pretend you're "sorry", simply don't do it.

Are folks really so lacking in self-control that they can no longer simply choose not to do the wrong thing?

Wow.
    I'm fine with this, all the past phones I've had with this function have sucked...
    Your right no amount of money is to much for my safety. I'm saying that I should have to pay more to get a feature that shouldn't be free.
    So, does this mean you're going to get one now, to ensure your safety; or where you just blowing hot air?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Good, it's so easy, you do it.

There now, problem solved.
    It's not my job. I dont get paid to program software. And I wouldn't be able to If I could because they haven't released the API for it.
    So, does this mean you're going to get one now, to ensure your safety; or where you just blowing hot air?
    I cant afford one right now. And I'm not just blowing hot air I'm explaining how important it is.
    This would be great to use with YPmobile or google maps
    That's not a safety feature, it's an ***** feature. If you find it unsafe, when you want to call someone and can't do it safely with your phone - don't.

I didn't say I didn't find your your apology "pleasing". I pointed out it sounded hollow. It did. Rather than do it, then in the same post pretend you're "sorry", simply don't do it.

Are folks really so lacking in self-control that they can no longer simply choose not to do the wrong thing?

Wow.
    How about its becoming illegal to operate your phone in a lot of states. If you were to get caught even holding you phone for a second, you could get fined.
    I haven't got voice dialling to work accurately enough with any phone. I much prefer just using plain old speed dialing.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by sweat View Post
    Why? What is Palm doing to deserve my patience?
    I think our constant updates and the fact that we continue to address both bugs and missing features speaks for itself.

Despite the fact that voicedial is not available, there is many things we have added to the phone since 1.1 was launched a year ago.

Most companies will now be launching their first update to start addressing issues, Palm has released quite a few updates.

Only you know how patient you are going to be with a new OS, but that is why there is options available. We would love to keep as many customers as possible, but we would be looking into a mirage if we actually believed we wouldn't lose any.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast