Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    I don't honestly know a single person who uses voice dialing on a regular basis. (except synced to car) Voice dialing is cool for showing off to friends. Other than that, it's nothing special. It takes literally 5 seconds to type in 3-4 letters, and click the on the contact you want.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    I think Palm has had more then enough adequate time to implement the API for the microphone. I was so certain with the release of 1.4.0 they were going to include the API in their SDK because of the video recording. Given the fact that they still haven't included it and haven't provided any reason why is inexcusable.
    Last edited by Mitalis; 04/05/2010 at 11:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonso View Post
    stop with excuses. They are taking TOO long!
    While i love Webos and my pre's this is something that should of been implemented when the phone 1st came out or soon after, totally agree!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    I don't honestly know a single person who uses voice dialing on a regular basis. (except synced to car) Voice dialing is cool for showing off to friends. Other than that, it's nothing special. It takes literally 5 seconds to type in 3-4 letters, and click the on the contact you want.
    You don't know me and a lot of others then, in my state you can get fined for typing in those 3-4 letters???

ask yourself why all the other cell phone companies include it on their phones, maybe more people use it then you think?
    Last edited by sjjones; 04/04/2010 at 12:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I will tell you all this if your touch screen ever goes out by failure or crcked screen or whatever voice dial can be a life saver until you can get to a place to purchase a new phone or have your old phone repaired. So in that sense the feature is neither a waste or uneeded feature.
    For automotive use, I find that the head units (a la Microsoft's Sync, Pioneer, etc) offer a better voice-recognition solution than any on-device solution (including Android's). As long as Palm provides the phonebook sync Bluetooth profile, our next vehicles will interpret our voice commands for us...and do a great job of it.
    i dont find VAD to be that important. i never used it in any other phone i had
    On some real ish, WILL YOU ALL STOP SAYING "I DONT FIND THIS IMPORATANT AND WONT USE IT".. You really sound like palm *******. Please stop with the BS and lying to yourself saying you dont use it or wont use it. You give them a slap on the wrist for features lacking that should be included at launch. Its been 9 months since release of the pre and the feature not here yet. Someone made a post like this the other day and I've come to the conclusion that the feature will never come. It will be a blessing from the almighty that this feature comes. I really don't see how you all can just be so cool about not having a safety feature.

Everyone can you please go to Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA and request this. I cant do it by myself. They probably think I'm spamming them. So the more people go here the "faster" we will see any type of response.

And to all the palm ******* please get you head out of your *** and join us in the real world. Thanks.

And i apologize for the language. But not for offending anybody.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I'd like voice command integrated into every command in the user interface. People do wear headsets for a handsfree experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    It was an extra around 2005. Around 2007, it was free on my Razor, then my Pearl, then the Instinct made it extremely useful with the ability of Live Search, where you say "gas" or "pizza" and a list of places comes up on the phone, with links to directions, maps, phone numbers, etc. Why Palm doesn't implement this rudimentary function, I do not know, but it is one of the big drawbacks to the Pre.
    I had a Samsung SCH-2000 in Feb 2000 that had voice dialing..this was 10 yrs ago..i'm not joking, serious. Look up the phone here http://www1.sprintpcs.com/media/Asse...amsung2000.pdf .
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    I hit either * send or + send on my Sprint Pre and got header that said Sprint Voice Command on the dialer. I then got a recording that said the code wasn't valid, so maybe something is in the works?
    If you're referring to Sprint Voice Command, a network-dependent, handset-independent voice dialing where you dialed * talk/send, Sprint discontinued it sometime last year.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    yeah, my wifes dumbphone has it.. Here is some typical dialogue. Wife:call police. Phone: calling home depot is this correct... In my opinion this is not needed on my pre... And ya can't get a ticket if ya dont get caught.. If the police told ya to jump off a roof would ya. Quit being sheep and think for yourselves, it's really fun
    Palm can add this feature if they like. They just don't feel like adding it at this point. I think that they're likely saving it for a future update. Sorry to disappoint some of you.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    On some real ish, WILL YOU ALL STOP SAYING "I DONT FIND THIS IMPORATANT AND WONT USE IT".. You really sound like palm *******. Please stop with the BS and lying to yourself saying you dont use it or wont use it. You give them a slap on the wrist for features lacking that should be included at launch. Its been 9 months since release of the pre and the feature not here yet. Someone made a post like this the other day and I've come to the conclusion that the feature will never come. It will be a blessing from the almighty that this feature comes. I really don't see how you all can just be so cool about not having a safety feature.

Everyone can you please go to Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA and request this. I cant do it by myself. They probably think I'm spamming them. So the more people go here the "faster" we will see any type of response.

And to all the palm ******* please get you head out of your *** and join us in the real world. Thanks.

And i apologize for the language. But not for offending anybody.
    Yeah, so I have never used it, and probably will never use it. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be working on it, and i am sure they are. I just do not give a rats petoot about this feature. I do care about others, and I hope palm is working on VAD but not at the sacrifice of other features which I feel are more important....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Never ever used voice dialing. I have no deisre to have it on webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    was what would happen 90% of the time:

Me: "Call Janet, home."

Phone: "Call Fred, mobile, is this correct?"

Me: "No, call Janet, home."

Phone: "Call Fred, Mobile, dialing..."
    ROFL!!

That's exactly the way my wife sounds when she's using the voice dialing on her BB Curve.

I don't want any part of it. I even hate talking to those "voice recognition" computers when you call any sort of customer service line these days.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Yeah, so I have never used it, and probably will never use it. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be working on it, and i am sure they are. I just do not give a rats petoot about this feature. I do care about others, and I hope palm is working on VAD but not at the sacrifice of other features which I feel are more important....
    Well if you have never used it than you don't understand what you are missing out on. It is so much easier to just tap your bluetooth button, say a command and is much safer than looking at you phone and selecting a contact. And you should care about this feature if you care about your safety and if you care about palm. Palm is lacking so many features in webos it aint even funny. And this feature is so can be open up doors for new apps and homebrew and official. And as for you not caring for other, the only thing i can say is I'm sorry for your selfishness.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Nearly every other mobile phone, both smart & dumb, has this feature. If it wasn't popular, it wouldn't be universal.

As for patience, why should I have any? I don't owe Palm anything. They're asking me to use their phone, buy their accessories and download apps from their store. If they want a good customer, build a better phone and OS. Now, not later.

I have more options now than I did last June and see no reason why I need to be loyal to Palm. If anything, Palm needs to work much harder to keep me as a customer.
    Voice dialing is cool. I had this on my old Treo models, paid something like $20 for the app. Funny thing is that I rarely used voice dialing. It was more a novelty for me. I seem to remember the app I had was able to do other voice command things such as "take picture" and it would click the shutter button on my Treo camera. That made for for good show-off points! I would rename one of my contacts to "Dumb@***" and say "Call Dumb@ss" and it would call the person! Funny!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    I have no need for it at all. I hardly even use my Pre to talk on anyway. Most of the people I know who talk on their phones besides quick 2 minute talks are women. fffff
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast