Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    well just 30 hours ago I was arrested and now the police are holding my phone as evidence. I have two lines one for my pixi and one for my pre. They gave my pixi back but kept my pre because I had it in my hand. I don't know what to do. Any lawyers here want to help me out.
    after all .....
    Quote Originally Posted by del420 View Post
    well just 30 hours ago I was arrested and now the police are holding my phone as evidence. I have two lines one for my pixi and one for my pre. They gave my pixi back but kept my pre because I had it in my hand. I don't know what to do. Any lawyers here want to help me out.
    this story doesn't sound legit
    Thats just awesome, did you deserve it or was you wrongfully accused
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Thats just awesome, did you deserve it or was you wrongfully accused
    The spirit of this post cracked me up.

To the OP, I certainly hope you weren't actually arrested and if so I hope all works out...legally that is.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Might help telling us why you were arrested

Dealing drugs?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    this story doesn't sound legit
    why would he lie?
    well did you at least stop the officer for a minute to vote on your pre before it had gotten taken away from you?
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpsanto View Post
    why would he lie?
    Well, if you were arrested, do you think you would be thinking about posting on PreCentral?
    And not only that, he wouldn't be allowed to hold any phone until he's released.
    no, he has been released already, around 30 hours ago. but he needed to leave his phone behind since it is apparently evidence of some sort
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    well did you at least stop the officer for a minute to vote on your pre before it had gotten taken away from you?
    You are too much!
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    plus why would they give back one phone for evidence. Just because it was in his hands does not mean they'd take that one and ignore the other one. They'd search both. All items on an offender are considered evidence depending on the crime of course will depend on what's searched. If they needed his phone and saw he had two, they'd search both and release both at the same time. That's how they did it when I trained/voluntered at he pd in highschool.
    I must say, that's one of the more original posts I've seen yet on Precentral. And I suppose we should all adhere to the principle of innocent until proven guilty. Then again, the OP didn't specify either, and this isn't exactly a court of law...

I'm fascinated and would love to hear more of the story.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I must say, that's one of the more original posts I've seen yet on Precentral. And I suppose we should all adhere to the principle of innocent until proven guilty. Then again, the OP didn't specify either, and this isn't exactly a court of law...

I'm fascinated and would love to hear more of the story.
    Could not have said it any better.... Please, do tell all!
    This thread is just too strange, and hilarious.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    What I love is he misses his Pre more than his Pixi.

"Give me the Pre, you can keep the Pixi..."
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    well this is true. I was arrested for selling drugs. They kept my pre because I had it in my hand and it was ringing like crazy. I got the pixi back because it was turned off in my backpack. In ny we have court 24/7. I was let go on o.r.o. after seeing the judge. Have a court date at the end of april. Trying for a possession instead of sales. And I tried to get them to keep the pixi and give my pre back that was a no go. I've only had it for a week. Also to any of the young people here on p/c if ever tempted to sell pot because it's not as bad as the harder stuff it will land you in a bind like it is me right now.
    after all .....
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Drugs are for losers.

Sell hugs instead of drugs.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Drugs are for losers.

Sell hugs instead of drugs.
    never said I was proud of what I do for a living it was a temp fix to pay my bills until I got a new job
    after all .....
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    pre users are upstanding citizens. You don't deserve a pre. The most you deserve is a motorola brick.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    plus why would they give back one phone for evidence. Just because it was in his hands does not mean they'd take that one and ignore the other one. They'd search both.
    Everyone was wondering what would happen if you installed MHS on a Sprint Pre, and now we have an answer!!! They gave him the Pixi back because it doesn't support MHS, due to the lack of wifi hardware.

My gut feeling is that there was a restraining order being violated, and the Pre contained an IM or SMS transcript that they are holding as evidence. Or, perhaps he was using the new video record feature of 1.4.0 while being intimate with an under-age girlfriend and her folks found out? If either is true, I hope that the OP doesn't log into his Palm profile and remotely wipe the phone, because doing so would be an obstruction of justice and get him into even more trouble with the law.

Last fall, there was a crackdown at one ship port in eastern Canada where the Customs folks were searching the cell phones of everyone who came ashore. They arrested one Filipino crew member from a cruise ship for possession of child **** on his cell phone, and actually sent him to prison for it.....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast