1.    #1  
    So there is a specific person I cannot get messages from. I sent one this morning then I added her on accident twice and deleted all contact info and her contact just disappeared. Now I cant text this person at all. When I try to send it just goes blank and doesnt have the lil button to attach anything anymore.
  2.    #2  
    bump?
    restart phone
  4.    #4  
    I have restarted it and took the battery out. Nothin I have done works.
  5.    #5  
    bump
    I have the same problem. I can get calls from the person but have miss many many texts.
    Anyone?
  7.    #7  
    Yeah I cant see the texts or text the one specific person either. I am thinking of doctoring my phone but I really dont want to do that
    Im going to run the dr tonight and see if that fixes it.
    Ill keep you updated.
    i think i know what this issue is, did you delete an entire convo instead of deleting messages one by one? This use to be an issue back in 1.3.5 but i haven't tried it since basically:

Lets say, johnny has messaged you 20x's you delete the entire convo instead of deleting each message 1 by 1, now, when this person sends you a text and you don't open it via notifications, you will not be able to find it.

If you click to open message from your notification area then you will see everything is still there and phone didn't delete it. once you swipe/close the convo it will vanish again.

it's a bug, like i said i haven't tried this with 1.4+ i don't have the balls to try it lol

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    I really never got the opportunity to delete the convo. It started when i tried to add them as a contact. Something happened when it was processing the add and it froze. I threw the card away and i opened it up again and the contact was added. I tried sending messages to them and it would not let me. No send button. I deleted the contact and added it again. I was then able to send messages but not able to receive anything. I have tried the complete wipe of the contact a couple of times and have asked them to send me messages to no avail.

Anyway, let me see what the dr will do tonight, and if it works then that is the end of the issue.
    I have the same issue and it's only with one contact. Everything else runs fine, have you found a solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    Lets say, johnny has messaged you 20x's you delete the entire convo instead of deleting each message 1 by 1, now, when this person sends you a text and you don't open it via notifications, you will not be able to find it.

If you click to open message from your notification area then you will see everything is still there and phone didn't delete it. once you swipe/close the convo it will vanish again.

it's a bug, like i said i haven't tried this with 1.4+ i don't have the balls to try it lol
    I had that problem on 1.4....all I had to do to restart a new convo was to send the contact an sms message, it's worked fine since then :-)
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I too had this problem a while back. Do you by chance have Facebook? Facebook totally trashed my phone. I had to delete my Facebook account, delete the contact from the phone, readd the contact, reactivate Facebook, then sync everything again. That seemed to work although it was a pain in the *** Alpha!
    *Update* I ran WebOS Doctor on it and it worked fine. Before I ran WebOS Dr. I deleted the facebook sync from my phone, and any mention of the contact that I couldn't SMS message. As mentioned in other posts, when you run WebOS Doctor: 1) Turn the phone off 2) Have it plugged in to your computer 3) Hold volume up, power up Pre 4) A big USB icon appears on the Pre 5) Run WebOS Doctor, you have to hit "next" like twice.

After like 15-20 minutes it tells you to power up the phone. Then you have to resync contact accounts and sign in to your palm profile.

Everything worked fine after that. Also, Palm WebOS Doctor does NOT work on Mac OSX Tiger (10.4) - I initially tried and the "next" never appeared. When I used it on my Windows XP work computer it worked fine.

I hope this helps any one with the issues.