Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Im on my third pre right now. 1st one power button wouldnt work, wifi didnt work and it would randomly turn off..replacemtn was good for three weeks then the screen completly died and turned so dark i couldnt barel make out anything on the phone. Got my third one yesterday and as soon as i got home i made a call and 5 seconds into the call it cut out..its still doing it now i can call and the calls go through and person on the other line hears me but i dont hear anything at all not even the phone ringing when i dial..its been doing this for over a day now. I have to go back to the sprint store repair center again which is 25 minutes away and leave my phone with them for an hour this is ridiculous that the phone doesnt work as soon as i get it..anyone else have a similar problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by rudebwoy954 View Post
    Im on my third pre right now. 1st one power button wouldnt work, wifi didnt work and it would randomly turn off..replacemtn was good for three weeks then the screen completly died and turned so dark i couldnt barel make out anything on the phone. Got my third one yesterday and as soon as i got home i made a call and 5 seconds into the call it cut out..its still doing it now i can call and the calls go through and person on the other line hears me but i dont hear anything at all not even the phone ringing when i dial..its been doing this for over a day now. I have to go back to the sprint store repair center again which is 25 minutes away and leave my phone with them for an hour this is ridiculous that the phone doesnt work as soon as i get it..anyone else have a similar problem?
    Nope, not too many people have problems like those.
    Lets also do our part in voting webos,for Quickoffice Development
    VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE....DO IT NOW,PLEASE
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    had mine for 7 months now,,not one single issue
    Amazing, you are on your 3rd pre and this is your 1st post?? Not to mention that the problems you are having nobody has heard of before? Do you have patches/themes, or are you just trolling? I have 3 pre's and none have experienced anything like that. Looks like the pre just isn't for you. I suggest you try another phone.

I got 99 problems but my pre aint one!!!
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    A few years ago, i never heard of the company called HTC. Now they're coming out with new phones every other week. What gives? Why can't Palm redesign a new WebOS phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    A few years ago, i never heard of the company called HTC. Now they're coming out with new phones every other week. What gives? Why can't Palm redesign a new WebOS phone?
    I'm really not sure of your logical progression here... But, note that HTC has been around for quite some time, and even manufactured some previous smartphones for Palm (some of the Treos).

And, if I were to go by my own experience, I'd say I certainly hope that Palm doesn't follow in HTC's footsteps. My HTC Mogul and Touch Pro were the worst mobile devices I've ever owned--for anyone who thinks a Pre can have a bad slider, they should check those things out. My HTC phones felt like they'd fall apart in a stiff breeze.

So, in short: be careful what you wish for. You might just get it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Lol dude, just yesterday I open my Pre's battery door up to put some paper in there because it kept shutting off (never realized this was the fix) and when I put it in there and put just enough pressure to click the battery door shut my phone now has TERRIBLE Oreo.. never had it before.

This phone is garbage, WebOS is incredible, but the hardware is pure trash... I mean I don't even use my phone much. I am not even remotely rough and it has never been dropped or placed in pockets.

It is a launch Pre and it already feels like it is falling apart in less than a year, pure garbage. Palm please survive so I can continue to enjoy WebOS but do so with a device that is built properly.
    Im still on my launch day pre,
    does speakerphone work?
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    yes sir
    pre now sucks w/o 800mhz kernal.... I am being patient for now. Precentral folk, thanks for making the potential of the pre come to fruition (partially at least). Can't wait for the update for 1.4.1.

on topic, i'm still on my second pre. So far so good. Best OS.... release the darm mic API's alreay.... Once shazaam, docs to go, and mic apps come to light the phone will FINALLY be complete.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    As for as you not being able to hear anyone check to see if the toggle for speakerphone shows a paid of headphones. If so its just stuck in headphone mode. Dip the connector for some headphones in some rubbing alcohol and push it in and out like 30 times.
    Launch day Pre no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by rudebwoy954 View Post
    anyone else have a similar problem?
    No, my launch day Pre Plus is rock solid.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    I want everyone to push down on their Pre's with some pressure like your clicking the battery door cover in... I did this once and noticed a big gap being created which now leads to OREO.

I honestly don't think any of you WON'T have this issue because I've read threads where people dissected the Pre and noticed that the tabs are insufficient at best in keeping the sliders sliding vertically.

Rock solid Pre's.... come on really? How can mine work fine everywhere else and feel so flimsy when I barely use it and treat it like a newborn baby.
    The fact that some of you don't have issues don't mean they don't exist, some stores are getting bad patches. My wife and I have the Pre and combined we have gone through 12 devices since launch. The positive is that we love the OS that we refuse to go for something else so far. I just hope that the Evo is not too good to pass on.
    4th Pre Plus...soon to be 5th I'm afraid
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    The fact that some of you don't have issues don't mean they don't exist, some stores are getting bad patches. My wife and I have the Pre and combined we have gone through 12 devices since launch. The positive is that we love the OS that we refuse to go for something else so far. I just hope that the Evo is not too good to pass on.
    No wonder Palm is going out of business!
    my two pres have been perfect since launch
    Prefedupwithu tag, genies,just awesome lmao
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast