Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    does anyone know where i can find a font for my cpu that at least resembles the palm font?
    The font is called Coconut. It might be available open source.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    The font is called Coconut. It might be available open source.
    thanks
    No prob.
    Um... actually, the Pre's font is called "Prelude" and was created by a company called the Font Bureau. I've never been able to find an exact match, but have found a couple 'close' ones, but not many that were free.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Um... actually, the Pre's font is called "Prelude" and was created by a company called the Font Bureau. I've never been able to find an exact match, but have found a couple 'close' ones, but not many that were free.
    You can just download it off the phone with WebOS QI. Use it to pull them from /usr/share/fonts.

http://forums.precentral.net/general...ml#post2343741
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    You can just download it off the phone with WebOS QI. Use it to pull them from /usr/share/fonts.

http://forums.precentral.net/general...ml#post2343741

noco37... that's awesome! I totally missed that thread

Yet another reason this site kicks ***!
  8. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    You could also extract it from a WebOSDoctor jar file.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    the coconut font might be the actual "palm" font, not the pre font. Which font were you referring to? I'd like the font from the logo.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    i tried pulling the font directly from the phone i.e /usr/share/fonts, only the file comes up blank.. i have the 1.4 patch, could it be stricted for some reason..
  11. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    The fonts on the phone are Coconut and Prelude, and are not the 'palm' logo font. If you have a WebOSDoctor jar file (any version), open it with your favorite archiver, go to the 'resources' folder and extract 'webOS.tar' Inside that is another tar file, nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz. Inside that, go to /usr/share/fonts, the files are all there.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    I've uploaded them for easy access:

sharebee . com / 95648830

(Sorry I had to break it up - I only have 2 posts and can't post links yet)