1.    #1  
    It seems after 1.4.1.1 Palm changed the Palm.com bookmark to go to a special "new user" page that has vids on how to use and interact with the Pre.

After closing the browser, the link takes you straight to palm.com

(Arrg!...no way to upload images on the mobile forums. Will upload screenshot when I get back to the comp.)
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    It seems after 1.4.1.1 Palm changed the Palm.com bookmark to go to a special "new user" page that has vids on how to use and interact with the Pre.

After closing the browser, the link takes you straight to palm.com

(Arrg!...no way to upload images on the mobile forums. Will upload screenshot when I get back to the comp.)
    They didn't change your bookmark....If anything, they just redirected anyone visiting Palm.com from their Pre/Pixi browser to the Getting Started website. Interestingly enough, I just went to go back to the Palm.com site to put the web address in this posting, and now they're directing me to http://www.Palm.com/us...Perhaps it was just a temporary redirection on their servers this evening, or, perhaps there was something equivalent to a cookie that the update placed on our phones that redirected a Palm user to that website only the first time they visited Palm.com (or they place a cookie on your phone when you visit that site that only directs you there the first time). I can't say which it was for sure, but I can tell you that I deleted the Palm.com bookmark from my web browser a long time ago, and new bookmark wasn't put back on my Pre after the update, and it's not likely they would change a bookmark that existed, but not add one where one was missing
  3.    #3  
    Okay, back at the comp. Here is the pic. It's weird because I've used that bookmark to hit up Palm.com before 1.4.1.1. Anyway, I think it's cool so that new users will get a quick overview of the Pre.
    Attached Images Attached Images