1.    #1  
    No cards open. Not trying to open a card. Just received TMC error. w00t! That's some quality palm, keep it coming!
    Did you try restarting your phone?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    do the 800mhz patch i still havnt had a tmc error yet.
    Ever tried a search this has been mentioned more than enough and the solutions are running jstop or a restart like jjeffcoat recommended
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstang300 View Post
    do the 800mhz patch i still havnt had a tmc error yet.
    there's no correlation between the 2
    use tweed? I quit using it and I almost completely eliminated this.
    I think that there are three issues here... First, I think some apps aren't cleaning themselves up well enough. I'm pretty sure that Tweed, Switcharoo, and some others have released updates in the past to solve just this issue. And, that's quite common for any environment, including Windows and OS X not to mention other mobile OS's.

Second, I think Palm definitely has more work to do on the garbage collection front. I haven't been able to test 1.4.1.1 very well because my Pre took a swim in some green tea right after the update was released. But I know that 1.4 was horrible, and I'm guessing they didn't completely fix the issue.

Third, we all should be a little patient with Palm and the developers while they fix this issue. It's really a byproduct of our ability to multitask so freely, and one reason why Apple hasn't so far allowed 3rd-party multitasking. If Apple does allow it in iPhone OS 4.0, it'll be because they've been able to optimize the platform to an extent where it's basically bulletproof.

But think about that, folks: Apple will be on iPhone OS 4.0. We're still on webOS 1.X. Android is having the same sorts of problems, and it's only on Android 2.X. When webOS and Android are both at 4.0, then I think we (and Android fans) will have some real reason to complain.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    running 1.4.1 and 800mhz have yet to receive any errors. I agree their are certain apps that have memory leeks still and that the huge problem.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    well I don't know if it is, but since 1.4.1 I haven't had a tmc yet unless there was really no chance like opening hawx with two or three other cards open. The thing is that it was around the same time that I 800 patched my phone, so I don't know which one to attribute it to. Before I could rarely try to play a game unless I luna restarted first.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I would agree but I have not had any problem since. But I would say it has to do more with the JSTop running in automatic mode. To those running 800mhz after the 1.4.1.1, I would ask if you had JSTop installed and running before the update. If so, it is still in your phone and running the way you had set it up.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    I would agree but I have not had any problem since. But I would say it has to do more with the JSTop running in automatic mode. To those running 800mhz after the 1.4.1.1, I would ask if you had JSTop installed and running before the update. If so, it is still in your phone and running the way you had set it up.
    I have the 800 patch and got the error once so the 800 does not fix the issue. However, having the patch installed speeds up the garbage collection process so it should reduce it. I think the problem is some apps take longer to completly close than others and having the patch should help.