Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    it's great! I forgot how nice this device could be when it's fresh. The keyboard is definitely springy-er and the slider is now rock solid. Sprint customer service was quick and easy. Big ups to palm and sprint!!
    Come back in 2 weeks and tell us how your slider is.
    I got mine replaced about a month ago and I can confirm that the sliding mechanism is much better than my previous pre, the gap between the top and bottom halves are uniformly tighter, and the keyboard is a bit clickier.
    didn't you hear the news... The mechanism on the sliders are a lot better than the previous ones. I have replacement pre around two weeks now, slider good and there is no huge play when you close the slider. Remember now,slider phone has to have a little loose in it,so we could slide it up and down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addyc View Post
    Come back in 2 weeks and tell us how your slider is.
    The slider on my launch day Pre is just fine.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    How did you get it replaced?
    Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    it's great! I forgot how nice this device could be when it's fresh. The keyboard is definitely springy-er and the slider is now rock solid. Sprint customer service was quick and easy. Big ups to palm and sprint!!
    ##786# in the phone app.

Whats the warrantydatecode?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djmannyd View Post
    How did you get it replaced?
    thursday night the phone went into 'offline mode'. i could not get it to find the sprint network after multiple resets/battery pulls/airplane mode switches. so i decided to dr it and it got stuck at the sky screen saying 'phone error' since it was still offline and needs to contact the sprint servers or whatever. so i took it in and they replaced it.

my warranty date code is 8/17/2009. seems surprising, what does that mean? the sprint store i was at (17th and market in philly) was not visibly selling any palm products at all besides banners on the walls.
    Did you have to wait for palm to send you another phone. Because my Pixi is broken and I'm going to the sprint store Monday for a replacement. So will I have to wait till palm send me one, or will they give me one on the spot?
    Congrats!!!! Glad you had a good experience with Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    The slider on my launch day Pre is just fine.
    Same with mine. I'll find out how things have changed for myself when the replacement comes in for my green tea'd launch day Pre.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    didn't you hear the news... The mechanism on the sliders are a lot better than the previous ones. I have replacement pre around two weeks now, slider good and there is no huge play when you close the slider. Remember now,slider phone has to have a little loose in it,so we could slide it up and down.
    this is true for the brand new ones, but is it also true for the refurbs?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Did you have to wait for palm to send you another phone. Because my Pixi is broken and I'm going to the sprint store Monday for a replacement. So will I have to wait till palm send me one, or will they give me one on the spot?
    if they have them available at your local repair center they'll give you those. if they don't have them or you don't feel like leaving your house they told me they ship them out in like 3 - 5 business days...
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    They overnight them if its before like 4 EST. 3-5 days is just a buffer in case **** hits the fan.
    I just got my (second) replacement. The previous replacement was horribly wobbly refurbished model; its replacement is quite new -- built 11/03/2009, and not refurbished. Slider mechanism is drastically tighter, no gaps anywhere... Keyboard slightly "clickier". Vibrator motor smoother... This is the best Pre I've ever held.

And they ship next day air, btw!
    do they still have light leakage? makes an amazing phone look so poorly built
    I had a similar experience. Took my original day one Sprint Pre in as it had a crack next to the USB port. Repair tech said she would replace it. Called me the following Tuesday and said the replacement Pre was there. Transition was painless. My original Pre had been on 1.4. The replacement was on 1.3.5.1. Logged into my account and my online backup data was all restored within a few minutes. Updated to 1.4 and the following day to 1.4.1.1. No problems anywhere during the process. Phone is reconditioned, but cosmetically excellent and "solid" in feel. More so than my original day one Pre. All in all, an excellent experience from both Palm and Sprint.
    Bill
    I was hoping to hear they gave you a Pre Plus :O
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    I had a similar experience. Took my original day one Sprint Pre in as it had a crack next to the USB port. Repair tech said she would replace it. Called me the following Tuesday and said the replacement Pre was there. Transition was painless. My original Pre had been on 1.4. The replacement was on 1.3.5.1. Logged into my account and my online backup data was all restored within a few minutes. Updated to 1.4 and the following day to 1.4.1.1. No problems anywhere during the process. Phone is reconditioned, but cosmetically excellent and "solid" in feel. More so than my original day one Pre. All in all, an excellent experience from both Palm and Sprint.
    Bill - I am having the same issue and Sprint told me it is physical damage and "not Sprints Concern". My phone is in near perfect condition as I do not abuse it and Sprint was not helpful at all. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by concept1 View Post
    Bill - I am having the same issue and Sprint told me it is physical damage and "not Sprints Concern". My phone is in near perfect condition as I do not abuse it and Sprint was not helpful at all. Any suggestions?
    Never mind, went to another store and they replaced it without a question.

What gives? Are sprint stores run by sprint or are they franchises? Anyone know?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast