1.    #1  
    ok so i have top-bar-roam-only-in-device-menu a patch. so im trying to use my webos qi ver 3.02 so it found that my phone had an update 1.4.1 so uas it trying to update it cant seem to pass top-bar-roam-only-in-device-menu and this is what it say Error uninstalling: org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-roam-only-in-device-menu,,,,,,,click done and when i go to tweak same thing all over again

i need to remove this asap, and i try preware and same thing it will not uninstall
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Try using ERP, Emergency Repair Utility with WebOS Quick Install.
    EPR - Emergency Patch Recovery
    non of those worked for me..i had the same problem too
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    My bad. I can't keep all the abbreviations straight.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    non of those worked for me..i had the same problem too

did you ever got it fixed? i saw some one who removed it manually from the Linux command,,,,will that work you think?
    I've had issues similar to this in the past and what worked for me was removing all other top bar patches and rebooting then I was able to remove the stuck patch...hope it helps.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    EPR - Emergency Patch Recovery

cant do epr cant get into tweaks, with that patch trying to update but it cant
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I've had issues similar to this in the past and what worked for me was removing all other top bar patches and rebooting then I was able to remove the stuck patch...hope it helps.

so u mean i should take of,,, my date, and my battery icon thats is a %,,,,then reboot?
    woh! That sound serious. I had a similar problem,did EPR,and was able to removed all patches..try doing a full erase,and see what happen.
    Below is how you can for sure fix the issue and remove these stuck/corrupt patches. I verified that the below works on my own Pre. As a shortcut though to the below steps, you can use webos quick install 2.96 (not the latest) and simply click uninstall in step 3 of below, do a luna restart and use preware or WOSQI (new version) to install the patch again. This will save you from running EPR. Then again, I always find it nice to run the occasional EPR though followed by the WebOS repair tool with override on to ensure the health of my Pre. To each his own though.

This is by the user Chizler in the forums:

Great threat worked for me...I just successfully removed all of my "stuck" nonfunctioning patches from Preware by doing the following. Works like a charm and will clean these out of Preware so you can reinstall the ones you actually want. Here you go:

1) Write or remember all of these "stuck" or "hanging" patches that show up unnecessarily on PreWare.
    2) Now open WOSQI 2.96 and while in Dev Mode/Just Charging to to the "Tweaks" menu and then to the "Online Repository" tab.
    3) Using the Repository, INSTALL all of the patches you wrote down in 1). They should act as if they are being normally installed. Go through and Install all of them.
    4) Then, without doing a Luna Restart, run the EPR utility at bottom left of the box.
    5) After the EPR has been run and your Pre has rebooted, run Preware and you should now have NO patches showing in Preware. You may have to do this more than once to get all patches off.
    6) Go ahead and reinstall the patches you want...they should all install very smoothly.

I did this exact process and it worked very well in getting annoying stuck patches off Preware.

Hope it helps....
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by JosefTor View Post
    Below is how you can for sure fix the issue and remove these stuck/corrupt patches. I verified that the below works on my own Pre. As a shortcut though to the below steps, you can use webos quick install 2.96 (not the latest) and simply click uninstall in step 3 of below, do a luna restart and use preware or WOSQI (new version) to install the patch again. This will save you from running EPR. Then again, I always find it nice to run the occasional EPR though followed by the WebOS repair tool with override on to ensure the health of my Pre. To each his own though.

This is by the user Chizler in the forums:

Great threat worked for me...I just successfully removed all of my "stuck" nonfunctioning patches from Preware by doing the following. Works like a charm and will clean these out of Preware so you can reinstall the ones you actually want. Here you go:

1) Write or remember all of these "stuck" or "hanging" patches that show up unnecessarily on PreWare.
    2) Now open WOSQI 2.96 and while in Dev Mode/Just Charging to to the "Tweaks" menu and then to the "Online Repository" tab.
    3) Using the Repository, INSTALL all of the patches you wrote down in 1). They should act as if they are being normally installed. Go through and Install all of them.
    4) Then, without doing a Luna Restart, run the EPR utility at bottom left of the box.
    5) After the EPR has been run and your Pre has rebooted, run Preware and you should now have NO patches showing in Preware. You may have to do this more than once to get all patches off.
    6) Go ahead and reinstall the patches you want...they should all install very smoothly.

I did this exact process and it worked very well in getting annoying stuck patches off Preware.

Hope it helps....
    hhhhhmmmmmm thats crazy enough to work, i will try that thanks
  13.    #13  
    sorry to say but it did not work when i found the patch it would let me install it
    good luck...i kinda had the same issues...when i did the epr the patches didnt come back after the 1.4.1.1 update...so i reinstalled via tweaks then under the device menu i saw the same patches i had before but now twice and three times installed...so all i did was uninstall all the patches and reinstalled them checking to see if only one patch was installed and not multiple patches were installed after all that the patches worked.
  15.    #15  
    thanks im gonna need it where is Jason when u need him,,,its his patch,,,,,,lol
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstang300 View Post
    good luck...i kinda had the same issues...when i did the epr the patches didnt come back after the 1.4.1.1 update...so i reinstalled via tweaks then under the device menu i saw the same patches i had before but now twice and three times installed...so all i did was uninstall all the patches and reinstalled them checking to see if only one patch was installed and not multiple patches were installed after all that the patches worked.
    EPR should completely remove a patch. They should not show up 'after an update'. If you ran that, they should have been removed.