Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Happily addicted since 6/6/09
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    I have a couple of other addictions that perhaps I should be on a 12 step program for but better off nobody gets in the way of my addiction to my Pre. It has become a very satisfying hobby along with my passion for German cars. Long live the Pre.
    It can be moreish!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    i've even bookmarked this website on my pre!
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Yes I think I have a problem. Can't seem to put this device down. When i'm not playing with my pre, more than likely I'm on my laptop browsing pre central.

Maybe that's why the pre have such a repetition for horrid battery life, because on like other smart phones it users refuse to turn it off..lol.
    yup same here was on the waiting list for my pre back from the start. my first smart phone...thank god for the pre because the instinct(i-stank) was a piece of %^&%! Love webOS skru android and iphone eventho i am a mac user.
  7.    #47  
    ok,now I realize why we have a croppy batt life on our pre... ;-)
    I've never been a real techno nerd but this phone has done it to me I check precentral webosroundup and engadget first thing every morning and about a dozen more times through out the day. I'm pathetic I know but I love it. But on the bright side they say admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.
    im going through withdrawals now!!...i need my pre fix!...the screen cracked so im out of preness until monday when my insurance replacement arrives.....aaarrrghhh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    I have the unofficial precentral app on my quick launch bar lol
    How can I get the precentral app? Thanks for any insight! New to this board and the Palm Pre. Just got my phone and I bought it simply for the hotspot feature and I did not know what I stumbled upon.

(I also search first for the info but could not locate.)
    Last edited by lisaspeaks; 04/05/2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Addition
    I think we are talking about two addictions here -- Palm Pre addiction and PreCentral addiction. I think I have both.
    It's funny. I am a gadget freak and my wife is not. She could care less. She had a dumb phone and at launch I picked up a pre for my wife and for me. I did not tell her I was getting her one. When I got home, she told me to take it back, she was happy with her crap phone. I told her to give it a try. She is even more addicted to the phone then I am!
    She is a flight attendant and forgot her phone her last trip. She was freaking out. She called me from the hotel and asked me to check her messages, texts, and everything else. She hated those 3 days. She never lets it leave her side!
    I mentioned that I was in love with the specs of the htc evo, and she said I was crazy. She asked how I could consider anything else than a pre. She is in love..
    I accidentally left mine on my Touchstone at home one morning and had to spend the day at work without it. I seriously felt like I was having withdrawals. Partly not having a phone, but mostly because I'm always fiddling with this thing throughout the day. It was a hard lesson learned.
    Like most addictions you only need to try it once to be hooked!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Hooked here too! Got the Pre today through Verizon. Can't beat the free wifi hotspot offer! That's almost a $600 a year gift from Verizon! I had the BB Storm for the past year. Will never go back to that dog of a company again. The Storm was my biggest mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaspeaks View Post
    How can I get the precentral app? Thanks for any insight! New to this board and the Palm Pre. Just got my phone and I bought it simply for the hotspot feature and I did not know what I stumbled upon.

(I also search first for the info but could not locate.)
    No takers?
    Lisa... there is no PreCentral app... just add a shortcut to your launcher if you want a direct link. That's what most do
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Lisa... there is no PreCentral app... just add a shortcut to your launcher if you want a direct link. That's what most do
    Thanks so much! Silly me. I just saw someone else mention "I have the unofficial precentral app on my quick launch bar" and did not know what they were talking about. Forgive me, I just got my Palm Pre and my head is still in the clouds!
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaspeaks View Post
    Thanks so much! Silly me. I just saw someone else mention "I have the unofficial precentral app on my quick launch bar" and did not know what they were talking about. Forgive me, I just got my Palm Pre and my head is still in the clouds!
    Congrats on the new device! Welcome to your new addiction!
    me too...precentral...phone...phone... Precentral. Wife says I only pay attention to her when she's naked. Wellllll is there any other way.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast