1.    #1  
    Hey Guys!
    I owned the pre when it was first released. When i owned it, i rooted it and did all this extra thing to it then returned it after my 30 day trail period becuase the service sucked in my area. Anyway, I just recently purchased the pre again. My question is, do you still need to root the pre to do all the linux command modifications? i mean, now that webosquick install is out can i just use the linux command there? secondly, there is just so much information out there which makes it really hard to figure out the old material from the new one. Can someone give me some links for new materials that appilies to the new os version? materials that i'm asking for is "rooting" if needed, and other things that i would need to get my pre in top condition. Thanks!

p.s. I've been hearing alot about the 700/800 mhz patch. Should I apply it as a new owner? I mean i hear that it will shorten the life of the pre, so would you think it is a good idea.

Sorry for asking so much and i know that i should of done the research. I just want to say that i have, but there just so much. If you guys can help i would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike714 View Post
    My question is, do you still need to root the pre to do all the linux command modifications? i mean, now that webosquick install is out can i just use the linux command there?
    Yes and yes. BTW, welcome back to webOS!
    definitely get the 800MHz patch. You'll feel like you have a brand new pre.
    welcome back,see you got back to your senses.
  5.    #5  
    hehhaha, yeah i'm glad i'm back, loving webos. Any information on how to root the pre so i can start patching the 800 mhz?
    You don't need to root it to run the linux command line, you can use the one in QI.