1.    #1  
    I have a doctored palm pre and would like to keep it the way it is. Before I get the 1.4.1.1 update is there a way to keep the settings and just resend to the Pre after Update? WebOs quick install or, other.
    What settings are you speaking of?
    OTA updates do not erase any settings at all.
  4.    #4  
    User installed content for example Black background, 4x4 icons.
    4x4 icons is a patch, you can update with that on. After the update, open Preware and manually update the feeds, and you can update the patch for the new system.

Themes must be removed but you can reinstall them after the update.
  6.    #6  
    after The last OTA I had to default the Pre.
    If you're worried about the customizations messing with your phone, remove them all before the update and then put them back on. The update WILL happen, and if AUPT messed up for you last time and you don't want to doctor again, this is the only other option.
    Does anybody know, where are settings for Wifi ? (Known ESSIDs, passwords, etc. )

If I doctor my phone or do erase, I will lost all my wifi settings a set it up everywhere is annoying.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks, I got ya...
    No problem. There is a list on the USB drive of your phone that states all the patches you installed. So at least you'll know which ones to reinstall.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks, I got ya...

How nice would it be if you could upload patches and tweaks save it to a Dir. and if your Pre crashed just default it then resend your settings back to the way it was before Crash.

Thanks again.
  12.    #12  
    There is a list on the USB drive of your phone that states all the patches you installed. So at least you'll know which ones to reinstall.

Oh that will save me loads of time, nice heads UP.
  13. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    Does anybody know, where are settings for Wifi ? (Known ESSIDs, passwords, etc. )

If I doctor my phone or do erase, I will lost all my wifi settings a set it up everywhere is annoying.
    I don't believe you can view the SSID's for your wifi connections except when you can connect to them...(in other words, if you're in range, you can view them, if you're not in range, you can't).