Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would say pull the trigger before they yank they mifi deal.
    Id also score at least one touchstone charger (i have one for my office one on the nightstand fwiw). I cant imagine having to plug in my phone again to charge or for that matter get updates (over the air updates are the bomb).
  2.    #22  
    I'm convinced on getting the phone I just have to convince my parents I should get it soon because if the free mifi and the lower price.

If I were to switch to Sprint is there any chance I would be able to use the Pre Plus with them or would I have to Dow grade to the origInal pre
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I'm convinced on getting the phone I just have to convince my parents I should get it soon because if the free mifi and the lower price.

If I were to switch to Sprint is there any chance I would be able to use the Pre Plus with them or would I have to Dow grade to the origInal pre
    You would have to use the original Pre if you switched to sprint.
    Lets also do our part in voting webos,for Quickoffice Development
    VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE....DO IT NOW,PLEASE
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    If size is in your consideration, check out the pixi+ as well. The pre is actually significantly thicker than the droid. Personally I'd hold of a few months, lots of new stuff coming out this year and the pre/pixi are relatively old hardware already. If you don't want to wait you might also consider getting a 1year plan instead of 2 (phone cost like $70 more this way) but then you can upgrade in 9months or so.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Go for it..best phone out for VZW right now IMO..Droid is too clunky/ugly. The only other phone I seriously considered was the Eris but it costs too much I think (got the Pre for free because of NE2 upgrade).

If you are thinking of waiting you are going to be waiting till Xmas for anything remotely good...to me that was too long to wait with my crappy Storm.

Also, think about it...even IF palm fails it wont be in the very near future. (I dont think they will but saying). On VZW if you make it 20 months into a 24 month contract you are available for another full upgrade. So lets say palm ends up failing...worst case is you will be stuck with the Pre Plus for 6 months or so without manufacturer support which isnt a big deal because the phone will already be outdated by then regardless and you will be ready for something new wether it be a new Palm device or something else. So its a win win situation and the outcome is the same regardless of Palms future...only thing that will vary is wether your next phone upgrade is going to be to another Palm device or something else because of their future
  6.    #26  
    I'm proabably going to get the 1 year contract. I'm going to my local Verizon store with my Dad Tuesday to talk to them more about what extra fees I'm going to have to pay and if the new lower price invovles any rebates. I have make sure I stay intent on the Palm because they push Android there so much it's crazy...

Hopefully once I get my first paycheck I'll be able to buy a Pre Plus while it is still cheaper and HotSpot is still free.

Does anyone know if free hotspot is forger or just a promotion to get more customers? I searched and got mixed answers and would like to know the facts.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I'm proabably going to get the 1 year contract. I'm going to my local Verizon store with my Dad Tuesday to talk to them more about what extra fees I'm going to have to pay and if the new lower price invovles any rebates. I have make sure I stay intent on the Palm because they push Android there so much it's crazy...

Hopefully once I get my first paycheck I'll be able to buy a Pre Plus while it is still cheaper and HotSpot is still free.

Does anyone know if free hotspot is forger or just a promotion to get more customers? I searched and got mixed answers and would like to know the facts.
    There are no rebates involved with the Pre plus..its 49.99 period, now if you just do 1 year it will be $119 so you're losing $70 basically..so that you can get a full upgrade in 12 months...or you can get teh full upgrade now and be available for a partial upgrade later..doesnt matter I dont think. As far as the hotspot goes, your guess is as good as anyones...might want to call their customer service and inquire, the people in my local store had no clue and were shocked to find out it was free to begin with lol
  8.    #28  
    I got it today! Not only did I get my Pre I also got my driverrs license! I'm installing some tweaks right now...
    I got it today! Not only did I get my Pre I also got my driverrs license! I'm installing some tweaks right now...
    AWESOME!!!! You've had quite the day! Congratulations!!! And remember, NO texting while driving...except at red lights.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
  10.    #30  
    I just overclocked to 720MHz and the differrence is huge! More speed and so far my temps have been lower too. I keep loving this phone more and more.

One more app question is there a file browser/manager for WebOS?
    There is one called Internalz in the beta catalog. It's not complete but it is good in a pinch. For the heavy duty stuff you'll have to plug in to a PC.
    We're all hoping for an update to InternalZ soon .
    lol aww congrats
    i remember when i got my license(i say this like its been so long)i'm 17 haha
    but its been almost 2 years

and i'd love to know what tweaks u did to yours
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12