1.    #1  
    I just exchanged my old Pre for a new one from the Sprint Store (the wifi crapped out), and after restoring my Palm Profile and checking out the phone, I realized that I had 5 launcher pages to start with. I only have one patch installed (the 4x4 launcher icons), but I installed that after I noticed the 5 pages. Has anyone else heard of or had this occurrence?

Also, I cannot for the life of me get the App Catalog to open. It just tries and says that this action cannot be completed, please try again later. Any ideas on that as well? Thanks!
    the 5 pages must come with your profile -- i recieved a new pre a couple of days ago as a replacement -- i started the phone with a dummy profile so i could quickly doctor up to 1.4 and then used my regular profile and wala i had 5 pages as well --- this is what i normally run with

Rob
    Yes, that is one thing backed up to your Palm Profile. Why? Because the ability to add/delete launcher pages is already in webOS, the patch esentially uncomments the section to add/delete.
  4.    #4  
    Ah thats actually very interesting! I deleted the extra pages before exchanging, and I must have not backed up after that. Any ideas about the App Catalog? I can't get any of my Apps back without it. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pflaumen View Post
    Ah thats actually very interesting! I deleted the extra pages before exchanging, and I must have not backed up after that. Any ideas about the App Catalog? I can't get any of my Apps back without it. Thanks!
    What problem are you having with the App catalog?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  6.    #6  

I get this. My dad's Pre doesn't do this.
    You could try the repair utility or removing any app catalogue affecting patches.
  8.    #8  
    Its a brand new Pre so I don't see why I would need to run the repair utility, I only have one patch installed and its the 4x4 launcher patch.
    You're on the newest version right? I got mine replaced yesterday and was having similar problems before the update.
  10.    #10  
    Yeah I have the newest version of the OS, 1.4.1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pflaumen View Post
    Yeah I have the newest version of the OS, 1.4.1.1.
    Ok if you had Apps before and they are not appearing on your new Pre, do a Partial Erase.
    Go to Device info, scroll down to Reset Options, then Erase Apps & Data. Log in to your Palm Profile and after the reboot you should be good.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Ok if you had Apps before and they are not appearing on your new Pre, do a Partial Erase.
    Go to Device info, scroll down to Reset Options, then Erase Apps & Data. Log in to your Palm Profile and after the reboot you should be good.
    Trying this now...
  13.    #13  
    Thank you!
    If you didn't have 5 pages before the exchange, I don't know how you got 5 pages, unless the person who had the phone before you put them there, and they weren't erased in the refurbishing. But your post made me realize that I need 5 launcher pages, and so I used preware to download the patch that lets you add launcher pages, and then I added the patch that lets you name launcher page. So now I have 5 launcher pages full of 4x4 icons and they are named Entertainment, Productivity, System, Tools and Location. I am spending way too much time geeking up my phone these days. The 800 MHz patch has made it fun again.
    I run 8 pages and I too had the phone exchanged. After the Profile deal I had 8 pages on the replacement pre. As far as the App Cat., I had that issue once and after many hours of working with it, I finally DR'ed the phone and it came back.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  16.    #16  
    Yeah I had 5 pages before the swap, and didn't back it up before i swapped. So when I signed into my Palm Profile it synced the 5 pages, but for some reason not the apps. I did a partial erase and everything came back; the App Catalog, 5 pages, and all my contact info. The only thing I lost was the saved app data, but thats a worthwhile sacrifice.