Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I am also looking for an earlier version of webosdoctor for Bell Palm Pre.

v. 1.3.5.1.

PM me if you have and are willing to share.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Would love 1.3.5.1 for Bell as well
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    What do you want it for?
    it is the only real way to wipe the pre....

going back to old version then doctoring to the latest.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    True, no matter what others may say.
    Problem is it's illegal to redistribute previous versions of Pre firmware.
    I do not understand why. It makes no sense to me.

I am still interested if anyone wants to share.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpucci View Post
    I do not understand why. It makes no sense to me.

I am still interested if anyone wants to share.
    You don't understand why it's illegal? It's called intellectual property and can not be distributed without the consent of said owner (Palm), it's the same reason music and movies can't be distributed without consent of said owner.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    You don't understand why it's illegal? It's called intellectual property and can not be distributed without the consent of said owner (Palm), it's the same reason music and movies can't be distributed without consent of said owner.
    I understand that...what I dont understand is why Palm chose to not make the old versions available. What risk is it to them?

It benefits Pre owners whom are developing and for those in my shoes and want a proper wipe of their units.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Your analogy is very much flawed considering the fact that all versions of WebOS doctor have been freely available for anyone to download for a long time, and have just recently been taken offline (for who knows what reason). Pretty sure this isn't the case with music/movies in general.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    normally i would agree, however in this case neither of Palms utilities work as they should (full erase or webosdoctr). I only want to ensure my pre is completely wiped. I do not want to sell or distribute the older fw versions (not that anyone would want them). I think this is ignorant on Palms part. No one is going to call them for support on old fw and if they did, Palms response SHOULD be to ensure they have the latest version.

ps> I have no idea what website you are referring to...but thanks anyways?
    if you are just looking to completely wipe your pre, use the newest doctor and create a new profile
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    if you are just looking to completely wipe your pre, use the newest doctor and create a new profile
    unfortunatley that does not work...apps like dropboxify will still know your login information if you have that app under both profiles. there are many examples like this hence why i am asking for the older version of fw.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    The number of screens appears to be stored in the profile. This is strange to me but I guess it makes sense. For example, I have a patch installed that allows me to add/delete screens (I have 4). After doctor, full erase, etc and when I log back into my profile it still has 4 screens without the patch. Just FYI.
    *Note

Please do not publicly post links to older versions of software as it is the intellectual property of Palm and they do not wish prior versions to be shared and we will honor their wishes (as it is their software).
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    No one is posting anything of the sort, but thanks for the reminder. We are discussing the reasons as to why Palm chooses to not make the older versions public.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpucci View Post
    No one is posting anything of the sort, but thanks for the reminder. We are discussing the reasons as to why Palm chooses to not make the older versions public.
    I realize that.. just throwing a reminder out there
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12