Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been with Nextel (can switch to Sprint without violating the contract) for years and have a really crappy Motorola i580 I've been meaning to upgrade forever, bought it in 2006 and hated it since day one. I've been a fan of Palm devices since I got a Palm Vx years ago (and later a Tungsten T3). When I saw Palm was coming out with a real highspeed phone I wanted one immediately, but haven't had a chance to pick it up till now. I had a few last minute questions though:

Is there a PalmOS emulator app? I have tons of Palm apps I'd like to run.
    Are there any must have accessories (like an A/C charger if it only comes with USB)?
    Is there any chance of the Pre Plus or a newer Palm phone being released on Sprint in the next few months?

EDIT: Also, can I drag and drop media files onto the Pre to play them (or use them as ringtones), or do I need to sync using software? Is the Pre recognized like a USB drive?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by nemt; 04/03/2010 at 03:56 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Somehow I deleted/editede my whole original post when trying to bump...

Here's what I had originally written:

I've been with Nextel (can switch to Sprint without violating the contract) for years and have a really crappy Motorola i580 I've been meaning to upgrade forever, bought it in 2006 and hated it since day one. I've been a fan of Palm devices since I got a Palm Vx years ago (and later a Tungsten.)

Then I had some questions:

1. Is there a PalmOS emulator for webOS at the moment?
    2. Can media files be dragged and dropped onto the Pre (and used as ringtones?), or does it need to be synched using software? i.e.: Does the PC recognize it as a USB drive?
    3. Are there any better devices coming out for Sprint in the immediate future?
    Last edited by nemt; 04/03/2010 at 04:03 PM.
    just wait it gets much better
  4.    #4  
    Somehow I deleted/editede my whole original post when trying to bump...

Here's what I had originally written:

I've been with Nextel (can switch to Sprint without violating the contract) for years and have a really crappy Motorola i580 I've been meaning to upgrade forever, bought it in 2006 and hated it since day one. I've been a fan of Palm devices since I got a Palm Vx years ago (and later a Tungsten.)

Then I had some questions:

2. Can media files be dragged and dropped onto the Pre (and used as ringtones?), or does it need to be synched using software? i.e.: Does the PC recognize it as a USB drive?
    Congrats on buying the best smart phone out there!

make sure to get home and get some patches on it to get it just the way you like it. I recommend 4x4, it looks alot sleeker. Oh and the words instead of icons patch for email (I cant be the only one that cant remember what the 3 icons do :P )

"Somehow I deleted/editede my whole original post when trying to bump... "
    so just re-edit :P
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    alright good job on selecting the best smartphone. you will enjoy it, and gets better on each update. don't forget to vote
  7.    #7  
    This forum seems to behave a lot differently than others I've seen. I just replied with much of my original message and now that post is gone too. I just edited the OP with what I had before (mostly).

..and now that post is gone completely
    thanks vBulletin

Here are my questioins, hopefully they'll stay on the board for more than five minutes this time:

Quote Originally Posted by nemt View Post
    This forum seems to behave a lot differently than others I've seen. I just replied with much of my original message and now that post is gone too. I just edited the OP with what I had before (mostly).
    don't worry, its not normally like that , probably a small glitch at the moment. does not happen to much.
  9.    #9  
    a testament to those who say PHP boards work fine with large userbases
  10.    #10  
    Anyway I'm holding off buying it till I find out a few more things, still pretty sure it's the one I want though, given my affinity for Palm.
    Congratulations!! ...but be warned, this device is addictive! ...and so is this forum!
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.

thanks vBulletin

Here are my questioins, hopefully they'll stay on the board for more than five minutes this time:

1. YES, look it up in the App Catalog, there's an app called "Classic"

2. YES, YES, and YES, you could use a software to sync all ur music from ur PC to ur webOS phone if you prefer.

3. There is actually, spec-wise, the HTC EVO 4G is pretty much a monster, but the only thing I wished is that it ran webOS instead of Android, cus of using webOS for so long, u'll end up thinking Android is a "prettier" looking version of Windows Mobile; but if the EVO had a landscape keyboard and ran webOS I'd drool and order me one of em as soon a they come out....BUT, for now, I guess I'll wait to see if Palm comes up with a new webOS flagship device cus it's really hard to give up webOS for Android..or even worse...iPhone OS...yuck! Lol

thanks vBulletin

Answers to your questions below:
    1) Yes there is
    2) Yes they can be dragged and dropped or you can sync if you want to. It is also recognized as a USB device because it is plug and play like a flash drive.
    3) No, there are not in the immediate future.
    Lets also do our part in voting webos,for Quickoffice Development
    VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE....DO IT NOW,PLEASE
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    DoubleTwist is good for syncing media.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    Congratulations!! ...but be warned, this device is addictive! ...and so is this forum!
    ^This^ I visit Precentral everyday!
  16.    #16  
    Thanks guys, can't wait to pick up my Pre. As far as I'm concerned there's no competition between webOS and Android, as Android (as far as I know) can't multitask.

What's the read on music playing apps for webOS? Is there a default one included, or is there another you could recommend?
    Android can multitask, however not as well as WebOS can.

Music app is there out of the box however personally I use Music (Remix) & Ampache Mobile for my musical needs. Both can be found in preware.
    Thanks guys, can't wait to pick up my Pre. As far as I'm concerned there's no competition between webOS and Android, as Android (as far as I know) can't multitask.

What's the read on music playing apps for webOS? Is there a default one included, or is there another you could recommend?
    Also you might wanna take a look at the Touchstone charger, it really is a must have accessory. It is a wireless charger, you just sit the phone down on it and it automatically charges. Take a look at this link for more info Palm TouchStone Charger
    Lets also do our part in voting webos,for Quickoffice Development
    VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE....DO IT NOW,PLEASE
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    People seem to like Musicplayer Remix, and I use Pandora a lot. Also in the future is NaNplayer which looks to be pretty awesome.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    all the high tech people around here can help you with all of the technical stuff.

the one thing I'll tell you to do is get the Seidio 2600 MaH battery.
    immediately!!!

with it, you'll be able to enjoy this phone more and use it to it's full potential.

enjoy.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast