Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yup, all of us will always be here to help
    Lets also do our part in voting webos,for Quickoffice Development
    VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE....DO IT NOW,PLEASE
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    The touchstone is awesome because you don't have to open the usb door to charge it. Some people get so fed up with it they just tear it off! Check out preware.org or there's a nice link at the top of the main page for it too. It really brings the whole phone all together. I recommend the 4x4 icons and the battery as percent patches(among everything else, our devs freakin rock!).

There is a metric crapload of people around here that will help with any problems you run into, but won't hesitate to slap you with the "did you try searching?" stick. Enjoy your stay here, and enjoy the fact that you'll be getting the best phone on the market!
    When you pick up your device, make sure you choose one with a tighter slider. Look for gaps between the volume buttons and the slider, if it's really wide, you might get one with oreos.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Congratulations! Welcome to the world of Awesomeness. Your awesome idea for selecting an awesome phone have brought you to an awesome community...LOL!
    your girlfriend or wife will not be a fan of your phone.

get rid of the magazines in your bathroom too.
    you're going to **** with your Pre...every time!!

who doesn't **** with their Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post

I **** with my pre all the time
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post

Haha, my only girlfriend is the US Army.

Anyway are there any must have patches? I'm not quite sure I get the gist of what the patches are for, homebrew fixes/tweaks to webOS?

I'm definitely grabbing a TouchStone, as well.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I use Windows Media Player to sync music to my Pre, works flawlessly.

Patches are minor modifications to how the operating system works. For example, my exchange administrator enforces the use of a pin. Entering it every time I turned on my phone became tedious so I installed a patch that bypasses it.

I'd only get stuck into Preware and patching once you identify a genuine need as I did above.

You referred to the Pre as a highspeed phone in your first post and whilst it's not slow I'd certainly not describe it as highspeed. One thing that lowers people's opinions of the Pre is an expectation that it should run as fast with several cards open as it does with one. They wouldn't expect this of their computer so why they expect it of their phone I'm not sure? If your Pre is running slowly, throw some cards off the top of the screen.

laze
    Last edited by laze; 04/04/2010 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Added paragraph about speed.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    I too was sooo excited to pick up my Pre Plus at Verizon, to my chagrin there were none in stock nor at other stores. So I now have to wait for it to be shipped out. I was informed by the sales rep that sales had really picked up after the price was dropped on the phone. So Im waiting patiently:-(
  10.    #30  
    Thanks for the info. A few more questions:

Can I transfer media via Bluetooth from my PC?
    What is the status on tethering (for Sprint)?

EDIT: Also laze- highspeed is a military term that doesn't usually refer literally to speed, just high quality in general. I figure all the modern smartphones operate at similar speeds, relative to the process at hand.
    Last edited by nemt; 04/04/2010 at 10:25 AM.
    Keep in mind that if you pick up the Seidio 2600 battery (which I highly recommend), you won't be able to use the Touchstone unless you modify the back cover that comes with the Seidio battery. I use my phone a LOT during the day, and I can make it through a 12 hour period without any problems, so I chose the battery over the admittedly cool touchstone.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nemt View Post
    Thanks for the info. A few more questions:

Can I transfer media via Bluetooth from my PC?
    What is the status on tethering (for Sprint)?

EDIT: Also laze- highspeed is a military term that doesn't usually refer literally to speed, just high quality in general. I figure all the modern smartphones operate at similar speeds, relative to the process at hand.
    Oh, sorry I misunderstood. I hope you found the info and the rest of my post useful all the same :-)
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12