Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hi guys,

I have got an O2 german phone, doctored it to bypass the palm profile step, and now that I set up the internet on the phone I would like to actually create a palm profile. I'm quite baffled on how to do that, because I cannot seem to find any way to execute the first use app or get that palm profile signup screen otherwise.

Anyone has any ideas ?

Much appreciated
    When you MetaDoctored, there is an option in the make file along the lines of 'SHOW FIRST USE APP'. If this is enabled, the Palm Profile signin/creation app wil be on the Launcher.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I see... Is there a way to restore that without doctoring again ?
    the ony time I've ever seen the screen is afterd octoring it. Or doing afull erase if I remember correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaipa View Post
    any way to execute the first use app or get that palm profile signup screen otherwise.
    The First Use app is hidden since on first startup it's launched and useless afterwards. Try this patch to unhide it so you can launch it manually. I'm assuming it's this app that lets you create a profile.

** I haven't tried this patch, so it may work or may not. Look for the new app with the gift box icon (same as the Updates app). Once launched, you can uninstall the patch using Preware to hide it again. To install, use WebOS Quick Install
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by opacityzero; 04/03/2010 at 10:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I have this 1.4.0 rom where the activation/login is bypassed and the first use app is in the menu. But after setting the language the icon disappears and I can't get it back anymore.

The patch above doesn't work. The first use patch in Preware doesn't work either.

I found the command: palm-launch com.palm.app.firstuse

But somehow windows 7 says: java not recognized blabla.

My last option would be to launch the first use app via the terminal in webos quickinstall, but I don't know howto.

Or am I using somekind of developer rom without activation?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I've tried that, but from what I could gather, the first use app is not registered with the app launcher. Hence, no matter what I change in the appinfo.json is has no effect.
    Thanks for trying though

Later edit: I have executed the firstuse app, but it only sets the language.. doesn't go into profile creation.
    Last edited by Vaipa; 04/03/2010 at 11:08 AM.
    You can check out this post:

forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre/227494-no-palm-profile.html

I also have a German Pre and the First Use app disappeared after setting the language (to German).

I ended up flashing the firmware one more time, starting the First Use app and then choosing ENGLISH => UNITED STATES in the language setup. This way, there will be no reboot and you can finish the palm profile registration / use your existing profile.

You could also edit the file mentioned in the above thread to skip reflashing the firmware.

Viel Glück!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    You, sir, deserve this:

youtube.com/watch?v=qXo3NFqkaRM