Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hey guys new facebook beta is out. It has to set prefences for notifications as far the interval to alert you for notifications. Check it out and see what bugs have been fixed or if more bugs created. Thank you palm keep up d good work.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVINCIBZ View Post
    hey guys new facebook beta is out. It has to set prefences for notifications as far the interval to alert you for notifications. Check it out and see what bugs have been fixed or if more bugs created. Thank you palm keep up d good work.
    Do you know if the beta app automatically updates once it's installed? I just saw this post and checked the version that is on my phone and it says that it's 1.1.4 and i added the app a week ago. UPDATE: I guess i can't find the 1.1.6 on the beta app site - do you have a URL? UPDATE2: I looked harder

Here is the link:
    http://developer.palm.com/webChannel....facebook.beta
    Yes the update is available in the Palm Updates app
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  4.    #4  
    try going to the updates app on ur phone and check to see if you can download. I removed 1.1.4 yesterday so I installed now direct from appscoop which took me to app catalog to download 1.1.6
    There is a strange bug... The App does not work with german language, I now use English since I REALY love the App... But as soon as I change back to german the notification thing wont work! Maybe sumone can work on that issue? I wanna change it back to my mother tongue
    I can confirm that, with German language the app is basically broken.. not settings, no notifications when I tap on the upper left corner, font-size is messed up, etc. It's beta, right?
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
    Great app! Only one problem here: I can't get my own profile wall page to appear. It gets stuck refreshing. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    clear your browser cache and try again.
    new facebook looks good....working well for me.

Quick question when you get your notifications from facebook does anyone else not get an actual audible notification. On my phone the sound that usually plays when I get a text or email does not sound when I get the facebook notification.
    best fb app yet. new preference for polling notifications would help with battery life. Really likin this app now. So far no bugs to report. Well actually, responding to notifications is not quite there yet - doesn't take you directly to post sometimes. But I'm very happy with the progress. Combined with the messaging fb chat, it's a very usable fb solution. Thank you Palm!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I just took 1.1.4 (may've been .5) off my Pre yesterday because it was absolutely slaughtering my battery life. I constantly had to get it on a charger as I went from home to car to work because it would drain 25% in a couple of hours of light use. After dumping it, I've had it off the charger for 10 hours now and am at 72% - I used to be around 50% after 6 hours - so it clearly was the culprit. Combine the fact that it only worked about 10% of the time, I'm not missing it. IF it worked and didn't kill battery life, I'd reload it in a heartbeat, but as it stands not, it's lousy, even allowing for beta status.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    I just took 1.1.4 (may've been .5) off my Pre yesterday because it was absolutely slaughtering my battery life. I constantly had to get it on a charger as I went from home to car to work because it would drain 25% in a couple of hours of light use. After dumping it, I've had it off the charger for 10 hours now and am at 72% - I used to be around 50% after 6 hours - so it clearly was the culprit. Combine the fact that it only worked about 10% of the time, I'm not missing it. IF it worked and didn't kill battery life, I'd reload it in a heartbeat, but as it stands not, it's lousy, even allowing for beta status.
    I was having the same battery issues with 1.1.4 but 1.1.6 seems to have improved it a lot. The notifications implementation seems a lot stabler for me as well.

Although I am not getting any preferences for notifications same issue as this post: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post2355647
    Quote Originally Posted by jshamoon View Post
    clear your browser cache and try again.
    I just tried it and had no luck. Any other suggestions?
    I haven't gotten a notification yet, just because I only now installed the App, but everything else seems to work fine, loving it so far! Now if Palm could just implement the Facebook chat natively, as they did for AIM and Yahoo, I'd be extremely happy!
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-Occupied View Post
    I just tried it and had no luck. Any other suggestions?
    I am having this exact same issue. None of the updates have fixed it for me yet. Tried clearing cache, cookies and history but didn't help. Trying the uninstall/re-install now...
    Quote Originally Posted by toddpsyd View Post
    I am having this exact same issue. None of the updates have fixed it for me yet. Tried clearing cache, cookies and history but didn't help. Trying the uninstall/re-install now...
    Don't know what to tell you, mine works fine. I am guessing you tried restarting the phone?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Works way better then 1.1.4! no more useless circles spinning trying to download $hit. will post up bugs when i run into them. all we need now is chat to work.
    using FB chat hack works great and is always on. Battery life is not greatly impacted. It will be nice when they can integrate that into the actual FB app though. If you're not already using the FB Messenger patch, you should definitely check it out...it rocks.
    A couple of tips from the Facebook app: 1.1.6 fixes
    A couple of tips from the Facebook app; 1.1.6 fixes | Palm Developer Center Blog
    My notifications show up but when I hit on what the notification is the app does not take me to it. For example it will say "John Smith commented on your Photo" And I click on the word photo and nothing happens. It doesnt go to that pic. Anyone having this problem?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast