Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Ahhh having the same issue with Terminal, when you try to change any of the preferences, it does a luna restart..

NOPE! Same thing.. any preference changes, triggers the luna restart..

so, the question, is this just an annoyance, or a foreshadowing of some doom lurking for my future?
    The menu-related luna restarts are a known bug in Terminal. We released that version cause at least the main screen works now in 1.4 - it's not any indication of any other problem.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    BTW, this post was intended just to tell people what we would do if we happened to receive any donations earmarked for Marco. I'm certainly not suggesting you should send donations related to this thread to WebOS Internals - you should send them directly to the people that are doing all the support in this and the other overclocking threads.

-- Rod
    Thanks for your presence here Rod. I think you're the only one supporting folks here in this thread who has a donate link. So I hope it does a lot to help keep things going. We all love Preware.
    THANK YOUUUUUU SO MUCH,

my USB Cable just broke a couple days ago and I was unable to connect to my Macbook and I did the new 1.4.1 Update also, afterwards my Pre wasn't at 800MHz Speed and I was so busy and couldn't buy a new cable

and now with this method my Pre is running @ 800MHz fullll speeed bayyyyyybeeeeee

THANK U
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The menu-related luna restarts are a known bug in Terminal. We released that version cause at least the main screen works now in 1.4 - it's not any indication of any other problem.

-- Rod
    I found that the preferences do actually change.

1. Make the changes you want
    2. Stay in the Preferences screen (do not back Swipe)
    3. Minimize & Swipe it closed
    4. Re-open

Changes have been applied no Luna restart.
    Last edited by Butters3605; 04/08/2010 at 04:37 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    would we be able to use this same method with the IPK ?
  6.    #86  
    Not entirely. There is however a wget command that can be used from Terminal to download the IPK and there are commands for installing IPK's in Terminal as well. I just don't know what they are.

But I would think it could all be done from your phone as well.

I am not a developer or a programmer. Sorry.
    I guy's I was using this patch with 1.4 but now in 1.4.1 (UK GSM) and wanted to know if it's safe to put this patch back again as I really miss the speed ?

Thanks in advance for the great job !
    I'm using Superkernel with my 1.4.1 GSM Pre and everything works fine
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrobot View Post
    I'm using Superkernel with my 1.4.1 GSM Pre and everything works fine
    Thanks do you know where I can find the instruction on how to install it please

Thanks
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by cecemf View Post
    Thanks do you know where I can find the instruction on how to install it please

Thanks
    EDIT... the latest version of SPK is in testing right now. Caj. will make an announcement as as soon as it is ready HERE
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 04/27/2010 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Correction
    is this on preware yet?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345