Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 91
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Ha... You are welcome dianehelen. I think I'm actually blushing now... although the real gushing goes to Caj, Marco, Robitaille and others who developed the 800 MHz kernel, Terminal, Internalz, Preware, WOSQI and so many other apps and patches.

    Let me know if it works for you. A couple of folks have had to use WOSQI to finish the install. But I've had no such trouble nor have several others. If it works for you please click the Thanks button.

    BTW... been running 800 for 24 hrs. Battery has lasted 14.5 hours (from taking it off of my touchstone this morning) so far and is just now at 40%.
    Thanks. A couple questions:

    1). Under what type of usage did the battery last so long (ie. Mild, medium, or MONSTER heavy usage)?

    2). How long did you battery last with similar usage before the kernel installation?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  2. #42  
    Common sense suggests that one would need to install the Terminal Service Plug-in to install and use the Terminal application, but nothing on the Terminal app's Preware page says anything about the Plug-in... or any other prerequisites.

    Any help/suggestions?

    EDIT: Once one tries to install the Terminal app, Preware informs the user/provides one with the option to install a pre requite, first.

    Now, if I can just figure out why my Terminal app installation keeps producing so many errors.
    Last edited by west3man; 04/04/2010 at 07:20 AM.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Common sense suggests that one would need to install the Terminal Service Plug-in to install and use the Terminal application, but nothing on the Terminal app's Preware page says anything about the Plug-in... or any other prerequisites.
    That's because Preware honours package dependencies and installs them automatically for you. One reason to prefer Preware over other package installers ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Ha... You are welcome dianehelen. I think I'm actually blushing now... although the real gushing goes to Caj, Marco, Robitaille and others who developed the 800 MHz kernel, Terminal, Internalz, Preware, WOSQI and so many other apps and patches.
    You neglected to mention the many developers from WebOS Internals, who produced Terminal, Preware, the open standard homebrew package feeds at ipkg.preware.org, and the AUPT technology that all those patches use ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You neglected to mention the many developers from WebOS Internals, who produced Terminal, Preware, the open standard homebrew package feeds at ipkg.preware.org, and the AUPT technology that all those patches use ...

    -- Rod
    I appreciate ALL YOUR efforts Rod, and everyone else here who work tirelessly for OUR amusment, and ask nothing in return..

    Thats why its the RIGHT thing do to frequently hit them up $$$

    I just did!!

    I have not been able to find a donate link, for unipsycho tho, anyone have it?
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!


    I Pre

  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I have not been able to find a donate link, for unipsycho tho, anyone have it?
    http://forums.precentral.net/2341480-post1576.html

    Marco is a very talented and humble developer. He develops this technology as a technical challenge and for the good of the community, not for any personal benefit or fame.

    Any donations we happen to receive that are earmarked for Marco will (at his request) be put towards maintaining the hardware server infrastructure which provides Main Page - WebOS Internals and ipkg.preware.org (which hosts all the package and patch feeds that you access from Preware and WebOS Quick Install) - the community property that benefits everyone.

    For example, we have to spend $290 on a new motherboard for the server which automatically builds and packages all the homebrew applications and patches, cause it's current motherboard died on Good Friday of all days, and I've been manually building the feeds since then from my personal laptop until we can source a replacement motherboard paid for with the donations from the community and get it shipped to and installed at OSUOSL.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You neglected to mention the many developers from WebOS Internals, who produced Terminal, Preware, the open standard homebrew package feeds at ipkg.preware.org, and the AUPT technology that all those patches use ...

    -- Rod
    My apologies Rod. As you can tell from my post count, I haven't been real active in the forums here as a contributor. I have been a casual grazer enjoying little nuggets from you and so many others though almost since the release of Pre. I got mine in July 09 and found out about this community a month later.

    I don't know all the players yet, particularly by name, but I definitely want to give credit to those who have actually done all the hard work. I really haven't done anything except utilize their (your) tools to do what they (you) discovered in a way that suited my situation at the time. It also seemed many were asking if it could be done.

    I am honored to that you posted here in this thread. Thank you personally for all that you have done.
  8.    #48  
    Rod, I am in for $150 towards the motherboard.

    As my name indicates I am a Pastor and must go preach Easter Sunday Service this morning. But when I get back home and have a few minutes I will click the donate link and make that happen.

    Few apps have opened up the Pre to the common user as much as Preware.

    I cannot donate that much to everyone at once but you have a need right now and I want to help meet it. I will help the others involved (Caj, Jason etc.) next pay day.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please update your first post in the thread to show correct authorship of Terminal.

    -- Rod
    Done...
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Thanks. A couple questions:

    1). Under what type of usage did the battery last so long (ie. Mild, medium, or MONSTER heavy usage)?

    2). How long did you battery last with similar usage before the kernel installation?
    I would say light to normal. A couple of phone calls, a few internalz launches, a couple short trips to the web, texting throughout the day to my kids and wife, a couple of youtube vids, wooton, where, and a few other miscellaneous uses.

    Usually at work I have my phone on a touchstone while at my desk, so I don't have much to compare it to. I just don't recall having it last all day on a Saturday before the 800 MHz kernel.

    It has also NEVER been as cool to the touch as it has been since the kernel install. My thinking would be that it performs all of its necessary processing all most twice as fast as standard, therefore the processor doesn't drain as much from the battery so you have less heat. It is also far more efficient while charging. The processor sits idle more than it would running at 500 MHz. I could be way off here, but it makes sense to me.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/2341480-post1576.html

    Marco is a very talented and humble developer. He develops this technology as a technical challenge and for the good of the community, not for any personal benefit or fame.

    Any donations we happen to receive that are earmarked for Marco will (at his request) be put towards maintaining the hardware server infrastructure which provides Main Page - WebOS Internals and ipkg.preware.org (which hosts all the package and patch feeds that you access from Preware and WebOS Quick Install) - the community property that benefits everyone.

    For example, we have to spend $290 on a new motherboard for the server which automatically builds and packages all the homebrew applications and patches, cause it's current motherboard died on Good Friday of all days, and I've been manually building the feeds since then from my personal laptop until we can source a replacement motherboard paid for with the donations from the community and get it shipped to and installed at OSUOSL.

    -- Rod


    DONE! Just sent some to webos-internals and marked it , in honour of unixpyscho's work

    I sent you some earlier, and also Caj, did I leave anyone out?
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!


    I Pre

  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/2341480-post1576.html

    Marco is a very talented and humble developer. He develops this technology as a technical challenge and for the good of the community, not for any personal benefit or fame.

    Any donations we happen to receive that are earmarked for Marco will (at his request) be put towards maintaining the hardware server infrastructure which provides Main Page - WebOS Internals and ipkg.preware.org (which hosts all the package and patch feeds that you access from Preware and WebOS Quick Install) - the community property that benefits everyone.

    For example, we have to spend $290 on a new motherboard for the server which automatically builds and packages all the homebrew applications and patches, cause it's current motherboard died on Good Friday of all days, and I've been manually building the feeds since then from my personal laptop until we can source a replacement motherboard paid for with the donations from the community and get it shipped to and installed at OSUOSL.

    -- Rod
    Donation has been made! Keep up the good work Rod.
  13. #53  
    hmmmmm...error trying to copy the file and error trying to execute. No idea why...
  14.    #54  
    What are you doing... give some specifics. Steps followed, programs used, syntax of commands typed etc.

    There were a couple of folks earlier who couldn't get the install command to work in terminal but could in WOSQI. I am curious if it would have worked using another CLI like Terminus. I suspect it was some kind of syntax error.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    My apologies Rod. As you can tell from my post count, I haven't been real active in the forums here as a contributor. I have been a casual grazer enjoying little nuggets from you and so many others though almost since the release of Pre. I got mine in July 09 and found out about this community a month later.

    I don't know all the players yet, particularly by name, but I definitely want to give credit to those who have actually done all the hard work. I really haven't done anything except utilize their (your) tools to do what they (you) discovered in a way that suited my situation at the time. It also seemed many were asking if it could be done.

    I am honored to that you posted here in this thread. Thank you personally for all that you have done.
    There are many important jobs in a community, and our homebrew community is no different.

    I salute those who take the time to make the applications we develop more accessible to more non-technical users by providing documentation, wiki pages, FAQ troubleshooting guides, and other help to them in threads just like this one.

    So thank you too!

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16. #56  
    Update removed the wget due to some issues needing to be worked out.
    Last edited by jack87; 04/04/2010 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Oops.. had to add file name to receiving path
    MatterOfFactJack
  17.    #57  
    Awesome Jack!

    I knew there was a way to do that based on an install of precorder before the 1.4 release. I just don't know enough about the commands to do it myself. So I utilized as many GUI driven processes as possible.

    Your method however definitely does it in the fewest possible steps.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Awesome Jack!

    I knew there was a way to do that based on an install of precorder before the 1.4 release. I just don't know enough about the commands to do it myself. So I utilized as many GUI driven processes as possible.

    Your method however definitely does it in the fewest possible steps.
    Haha ya... only problem is the URLs are crazy long.... haha I'm sure the files can be hosted on a server for a shorter URL but I'll leave that up to the Devs... Thats just the URL I got directed to when clicking his download link. However it seems like its a different URL each time you click the original mediafire link on each computer but it should still work for now I think.
    MatterOfFactJack
  19. #59  
    I just updated the code in my post. I forgot to include the receiving path's file name it should work now
    MatterOfFactJack
  20.    #60  
    That is a motorcycle in your avatar pic... what do you ride.

    I ride a 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad. I and some riding friends are making the trip to Sturgis this year from OKC.

    Yes, the URL's are crazy long to type on the Pre. That is another reason I used the GUI route.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions