Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    this exact same thong is happening to me. It says cannot open. I am in dev mode and I'm typing it exactly as I'm told....oh and I see the file in the correct place with internalz...please help
  2.    #22  
    The only thing I can guess is to try a full reset of your phone and try it again.

I installed and un-installed the 720 kernel and then installed the 800 kernel, all using this same method.

I didn't have any errors at all.
    how do you get to internalz to see the download file?
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    The only thing I can guess is to try a full reset of your phone and try it again.

I didn't have any errors at all.
    Can you tell me the procedure on how to do this process,i'm stuck trying to find internalz on my phone.
  5.    #25  
    You just touch the Internalz icon.

You aren't seeing the icon still?

Open your launcher, click on the word "launcher" in the top left, then "list apps".

Is Internalz 0.3.2 listed there?

alternatively with no cards open start typing "internalz" and if it is installed you should see the icon in the universal search window

or... go into preware, look at "Installed Packages" then "applications" and see if Internalz is there.

If it doesn't come up in those places then you don't have it installed.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Can you tell me the procedure on how to do this process,i'm stuck trying to find internalz on my phone.
    When I say full reset I simply mean restart your phone. Go to "Device Info", click on Reset Options at the bottom of the screen, then Restart at the top of the screen.
    ok.finally have both icons on the device the thing is now I'm at terminal and I see var/home/root on the top,where do I type in.. sh/var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install
  8.    #28  
    First... you must have a space after sh

At the end of the line you can just start typing the install script. On my phone the first letter will be at the edge of the screen then it will automatically wrap to the next line. After you get it typed in accurately just press the Enter/return button on the keyboard.

If you did it correctly you will see a series of operations then it will tell you your Pre is going to reboot. It will reboot on its own. When it comes back up, go back into terminal and type this...

cat /proc/cpuinfo (it has a space after cat)

once you press enter, it will show some things... near the top there will be a line that says MogoBips, to the right of that will be a number with MHz beside it. That is the speed you are running at.

Mine shows 796.91...
    did all that... Type in sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install and it keep on saying can't open file.. Also did a restart,im at it again... Cuz my computer is down right now.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Did you figure this out?

Make sure you are typing it exactly the way the file name appears (it is case sensitive I think). Also make sure the only spaces are between sh and / at the beginning and .sh and install at the end.

The only other thing is to make sure you can see the file in the /var/home/root directory and that you are typing the correct file name.

Oh... are you in Dev. Mode?
    Ya, in dev mode. But still havent figured it out. I'm typing it exactly like its written..gonna try webos quickinstall here now
    What happens if you don't have a /media/internals/downloads folder? Should I have one? When I open the pre in usb mode the only folder that even comes close to that is the downloads folder. Am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    for some reason, doing the exact same thing in the command-line tool in webos quickinstall worked for me.

I dont know why? But it worked.
  13.    #33  
    sorry it didn't work for you piaband... let me know if WOSQI works for you. If you get the same thing there, it is possible the sh file isn't in the proper place.

However without screen shots of your internalz directory structure I can't be sure and I don't know what else to suggest.

Same for your rush... I have suggested all I know.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by safrits View Post
    What happens if you don't have a /media/internals/downloads folder? Should I have one? When I open the pre in usb mode the only folder that even comes close to that is the downloads folder. Am I missing something?
    You don't do this method in USB mode, you do it from the Pre itself using a program called Internalz (available in Preware).
    Due to being away from my home computer when I decided to take the leap to the overclocked Kernal, I had to try to find a way to do the install without WOSQI. So here is what I did.

**NOTE** You must first have Preware installed! I was in DEV mode when I did mine but not sure if that is necessary for this method.

1. If not already installed, use Preware to install "Internalz" and "Terminal" and their related services. (Both from Jason Robitaille)

2. Using your Pre Browser go to the web address of the kernal you want to install.

Find the links HERE

3. Upon reaching the page of the desired file, you will notice it downloading on the bottom of the screen. When it is complete simply swipe the file to the right in the direction of the arrow. The file will be in your /media/internal/downloads/ folder.

4. Now open "Internalz" browse to your downloads folder and copy the file to /var/home/root/

5. Open "Terminal" and enter the install command for the appropriate file as shown below...

sh /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh install (installs 720 kernel)

or alternatively write

sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install (installs 800 kernel)

upon completion your Pre will automatically reboot.

In order to verify the install worked, follow the instructions on the developer's thread.

This thread is not a set of comprehensive instructions for this Kernal, please make sure and read the developers instructions on his thread (where the file download link above takes you).

This Kernal is for OS 1.4, I and many others are running it on 1.4.1.1 entirely at our own risk.

I have installed both 720 MHz and 800 MHz, each installed without issues and ran perfectly on my Pre. No restarts, lockups or heat issues, even while charging. In fact it seems to be cooler than it ever was while running at the factory default 500 MHz

Let me know if you found this method to be helpful or useful.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG!! that is just TOO clever and TOO cool and TOO easy!. Still just blows me away that this little biddy pocket pal is a ful blown linux box hehheh

Im just so awestruck by this lil phone..

and by the amazing smart, resourseful clever people who make it not only amazing but a source of NEVERENDING FUN!

I LOVE having terminal RIGHT on the phone.. hehe ok Im just gushing too much here..

Thanks for this amazingly simple walk thru of this..

off to go giggle some more.. and doing it at 800 Mhz
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

16.    #36  
    Ha... You are welcome dianehelen. I think I'm actually blushing now... although the real gushing goes to Caj, Marco, Robitaille and others who developed the 800 MHz kernel, Terminal, Internalz, Preware, WOSQI and so many other apps and patches.

Let me know if it works for you. A couple of folks have had to use WOSQI to finish the install. But I've had no such trouble nor have several others. If it works for you please click the Thanks button.

BTW... been running 800 for 24 hrs. Battery has lasted 14.5 hours (from taking it off of my touchstone this morning) so far and is just now at 40%.
    thats awesome
    any update on the way for the european 1.4.1 ?
    pastorrich1, Oh yes I did click thanks on your original post, and again just now on your reply post.

As for the AAAAAmazing crew of Devs, I am always greatful, and donate frequently , and repetitively to all of them!

I LOVE Pre and alllll the Devs!!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

You are correct. I had seen a post where he said the the terminal service had been updated to work with 1.4.1.1 and just thought he had done it. My mistake. Thanks for catching it. Internalz is his though.
    Please update your first post in the thread to show correct authorship of Terminal.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast