Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I am coming from a Samsung Intrepid and the Pre keyboard feels very good. Nice feed back, it isn't flushed, it isn't as "chickley" as pixi's keyboard..but I really enjoy typing on Pre's keyboard...

I've seen people dog the phone's kb left n right.
    because everyone has different tastes in kbs I personally hated the pre's kb for the first month i had it (coming from a touch pro so it was basically an exact opposite to what i was used to) but now i love it
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    because everyone has different tastes in kbs I personally hated the pre's kb for the first month i had it (coming from a touch pro so it was basically an exact opposite to what i was used to) but now i love it
    I agree. my last phone was a htc mogul and had a full size kb. the first month of owning the pre i hate the kb but eventually got use to it. now i can type better and more accurate than my gf's blackberry.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benly52 View Post
    Why do people complain about the Pre's (Sprint) Keyboard?...
    For the same reason some people say they don't eat Oranges, or don't like the taste of fish.... They're either freaks or liars.
    I like the pre keyboard,,,i got use to it,,my daughter has a pixie and I like that keyboard better.
    I love the keyboard, but I would love to have an on-screen keyboard for when I don't want to open the slider.. Yea I know I'm a lazy ***.
    I think the keyboards fine, but could be better.. I like the material, and the feel, it lets me slide my fingers across them, but the keys are to small. I think if the per had a 4.0 inch screen, i'd be perfect..
    I think the keyboards fine, but could be better.. I like the material, and the feel, it lets me slide my fingers across them, but the keys are to small. I think if the per had a 4.0 inch screen, i'd be perfect..
    I much prefer a virtual keyboard, I can type a lot faster and find it more convenient. It's just personal preference really.
    I love the keyboard - I came from a Centro and had no trouble with that either.
    Loving the KB, even my friend today commented how fast I could type on it.
    I was dubious about the keyboard, but I figured at least I wouldn't have to type on the screen. It took much less time than I expected to get used to it. I like that the "grippy" texture/surface prevents my nails from sliding off the keys.
    landscape keyboards like on the moment and droid slow me down now i guess im used to the pre....those landscapers are too roomy and require too much thumb travel for me now lol!
  14. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I came from a treo 680. Loved that keyboard. The Pre's kb though isn't so bad.
    I just love the fact that there is a real keyboard under my screen, unlike that one other phone everyone seems to like so much.

~ Wolfenstein pre-D, Now in Pre-Alpha! ~
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    At first it does seem to small and cramped but as I used it I find it to be pretty good, there is some wasted space tho, stretch the keys down to fill in the gaps, and less people would dis the keyboard.
    The original Pre keyboard is OK and way better than many detractors say.

Could it be better? Sure. But it certainly beats not having one at all and it gets the job done after a bit of getting used to.
    Although i'm dying for a true/native vkb (for landscape) i have no problem with the Sprint Pre phys kb. I find it very comfortable to type with.
    (And you know if i had a complaint about it, you guys would've seen it already )
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    My last Palm was the 800w which imop had a GREAT kb.....moving to the Pre was a bit of an adjustment..not bad but NOT an 800w keyboard.

Seems worse right after trimming the thumbnails.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    I loved the keyboard right away, coming from the larger Touch Pro kb. I find the smaller keyboards easier, simply because of less finger travel. I agree with hofs1 that it isn't nearly as good as the 800w's kb - that was an awesome one.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast