Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Sorry, for the caps in title, just got a little excited! :P

Anyways, I went out to my local Verizon store tonight with the intent of picking up a Pre+ due to the $49.99 deal they're having. I was talking to the sales associate and he wanted to know if I wanted to purchase any accessories from them. They were having a promotion where for $99, you got the Pre+, a case, car charter, and a Jabra headset. I said no, although I may be back in a day or two to pick up something. I really wanted to get some use out of the phone first.

So on he went filling out my Verizon app on his computer; at that point, he excused himself and went to talk to his manager. Then he came back and said, (and I quote) "Well, here's the deal: if you want to purchase the 3 accessories, I can give you the phone for free." At this point, I immediately accepted his offer and bought the accessories with the phone as I needed a case and car charger anyways. Now, he went and got the accessories himself, so I'm sure they were the less expensive ones that Verizon is trying to push, but the total bill was $59.64 for the phone, car charger, case, and a headset!

I guess Verizon is really trying to push these things out. Like I said, the sales associate brought this promotion up to me, I didn't ask for any better deal for the Pre+. I'm not sure if this was specific to this particular store, or because I bought it a half hour before they close and they already made their sales goal for the day, or what. But I thought I would spread the word, and see if anyone else looking to jump on the Pre+ would get lucky now as I did.

Happy hunting!!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I got mine for free, but thats because I had the NE2 $50 discount on top of the 2 year contract price. Then bought a touchstone for 20% off
    So you really paid $60 for the phone.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    So you really paid $60 for the phone.
    No, because I needed to purchase a car charger ($25) and the leather pouch case ($20) anyways.
    Haha yea that's true. Also, if you love your Pre like I do, get an Invisible Shield screen protector. It's awesome and really smooth and doesn't make the touch screen any less usable.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    they gyped you. you had a phone credit on your account, they just made you buy accesories.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawse771 View Post
    I got mine for free, but thats because I had the NE2 $50 discount on top of the 2 year contract price. Then bought a touchstone for 20% off
    Ditto for me yesterday, minus the touchstone since I already have five of them. Seeing the free MHS announcement here drove me to upgrade my personal phone, and walking out the door with it for free thanks to the NE2 discount was just icing on the cake.....