Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    we went to the zoo today and the only camera I had was my phone. Had it since launch and I am still amazed at how great the pictures turn out. The only thing that would make it better is zoom.

and here is a video I took at the zoo
    YouTube - tsnum4's Channel
    Attached Images Attached Images
    you're so right!!! We do need zoom.
    I'm sticking to my pre like a crack head to crack.... Lol
    same.. partially due to being in canada, with bell. And i called them and asked when i could get a hardware discount, they said december 2011, which is 2 years and 4 months after i signed my contract/8 months before it ends.. But it's okay, cause i get a FULL 100 dollars off the original price.. that means a pre for 500 dollars.. Isn't that great? Unless they make me a better offer, i'm buying my next phone used..
    I am liking mine even more now since the latest update, it really sped things up!
    I love my launch day pre, little surprised that I'm still with the same one considering that I'm a heating and air tech and i beat my phone up a lot, but there is still not a scratch on it, but do go through invisible skin warranty's like crazy lol
    Agreed! WebOs is just too good. Evo who?????
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    As much as I love my Pre and WebOS, the HTC EVO 4G is looking pretty tempting this June. I've never used Android for more than a few minutes at a time but the specs on the EVO are absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by n64kps View Post
    As much as I love my Pre and WebOS, the HTC EVO 4G is looking pretty tempting this June. I've never used Android for more than a few minutes at a time but the specs on the EVO are absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!
    There is always hope that Palm will come up with a device with similar or even better hardware specs (although I doubt they will do a 4.3" screen, more like a 3.7). I talked to Sprint Business customer support last night, but unfortunately, and not surprisingly, they know nothing of a new Palm devices, although he kinda snickered, and seemed to have known, about that famous Palm C40 screenshot.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Yeah very true. There's still a couple months left and that could change a lot! Sprint people usually are dumb and uninformative. Forums members know more 99% of the time.

-Posted from my Apple iPad
    yeah i saw the evo, that looks very serious,,,,one thing i forgot to mention, and so did every body else,,,,we need that built in compass,,,,i was playing with google sky on my sis hero,,, that is one hell of a app,,,,that ***** is awesome,,,i hope pre 2 gets that (compass)
    aaawwww goggle sky that the one that finds stars for you like in the new droid commercial, yeah that is really cool. I really hope palm pulls of some great revise that is similar to the evo. a lot of or brothers here are going to leave us for the evo due to hardware quality
    I'll be with WebOS until it dies. Still with my launch day Pre. Hope to see new hardware this summer that does not diverge too much from the Pre form-factor.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by n64kps View Post
    Yea I just saw the EVO and I kind of like the larger screen. I love my Pre but dam why couldnt it just come out with all the bells and whistles from the get go. Example Video Zoom 800mhz speed.. Dont get me wrong I like adding all that stuff but I just imaging if it had all them things and then we added stuff then the phone would be unbeatable. Oh Well just my thoughts
    yeah, I would be dissapointed if they changed the form of the pre. When the slider is open it still feels and look like a phone.

Only thing I nedd is kinoma so I can listen to the more stations and maybe a choice of browser with opera mini
    WebOS has come along way and still it has not been out for even a year yet, really looking forward to what the future brings with Palm/webOS
    I love WebOS, but would like new hardware. Gladly would give my money to Palm for a new device. Already paid the original launch price on this Pre.
    This latest 1.4.1.1 update has definitely brought my love affair back to the Palm Pre. I am actually more excited and glad to have my existing pre than the upcoming EVO 4G. I have a roommate who has the Droid and I know I have a more well rounded and fun experience. Even his Droid 2.1 update which took FOREVER to come, was very uneventful and boring. I'm glad I have a flexible and quick company who is responsive to problems and allows webosinternals team to do their thing. I like that we have smooth and seamless multitasking in a system that handles programs in the background so we don't have to deal with stupid task management. Great job Palm and thanks for fixing the phone and speeding it up in your latest update.

I will hold out on the EVO and wait for the next Palm device with WebOS. Here is my wishlist: I'm hoping for better battery life, more robust hardware, faster processor, not a mega huge device like the EVO (who wants a brick in their pocket), possible an upgraded hybrid keyboard/touchscreen AND a new touchscreen only device that is swype capable. Possibly a new home screen (still have the card system but with no cards have access to a configurable screen with weather/live wallpaper and other things like that. Also, in addition to the cards, maybe a quickview button to see all open cards quickly. Plus, although we have access to patches, why not fix the experience for all users by adding features that should have been there in the first place like select all in messaging/meta tap A. And lastly, a super AMOLED screen.
    Last edited by JosefTor; 04/03/2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Forgot a feature I wanted.