1.    #1  
    I'm really enjoying my Pre (Sprint) which I've had for 4 days now, replacing a BlackBerry Peral and a Palm TX PDA.

But, there are two things I've noticed in the PIM (address book/calendar/tasks/memos) native applications:
    1. There is no category field for any of the 4 PIM applicatons ;
    2. The address book doesn't have any custom fields (the Palm OS and Palm Desktop have NINE, and I use them).

I do like that contacts can be linked now, though.

I'm using Iambic's Agendus for Palm OS through Classic for now, as it also links contacts, includes the Palm contact information fields that are missing in WebOS, and it synchs with the desktop through Classic.

Are there WebOS applications that enhance the native WebOS PIM programs, particularly by providing categories (and, hopefully, at least four custom fields)?

Do any of these include a synch conduit with the desktop?

I'd like to see what's avilable / what's recommended, before I spend $$ on Companionlink.

Thanks for any ideas and suggestions!
    You might do better posting this in http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...nchronization/

Sorry i don't have a better answer.
    Okay, so, Iambic is working on Agendus for Pre. My guess is that they need the PDK to do anything, and the first PDK apps aren't coming out until summer.

I know. It sucks. I miss Agendus. I've been seriously thinking about using it through Classic, but I can't ween myself off of the WebOS GUI. I'm pathetic, I know.

From what I understand, you'd probably be best off moving everything over to Outlook and sync through Pocketmirror. From what I understand, Companionlink doesn't do two way sync. (I could be wrong)

Personally I just gave in and moved everything to google calendar. I found that they can do catagories in contacts and I use different calendars instead of catagories. And it all syncs up in the cloud effortlessly. You might want to give Google syncing a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by moneil7 View Post
    I'm really enjoying my Pre (Sprint) which I've had for 4 days now, replacing a BlackBerry Peral and a Palm TX PDA.

But, there are two things I've noticed in the PIM (address book/calendar/tasks/memos) native applications:
    1. There is no category field for any of the 4 PIM applicatons ;
    2. The address book doesn't have any custom fields (the Palm OS and Palm Desktop have NINE, and I use them).

I do like that contacts can be linked now, though.

I'm using Iambic's Agendus for Palm OS through Classic for now, as it also links contacts, includes the Palm contact information fields that are missing in WebOS, and it synchs with the desktop through Classic.

Are there WebOS applications that enhance the native WebOS PIM programs, particularly by providing categories (and, hopefully, at least four custom fields)?

Do any of these include a synch conduit with the desktop?

I'd like to see what's avilable / what's recommended, before I spend $$ on Companionlink.

Thanks for any ideas and suggestions!
    What you are talking about is a key reason that I bought a 3rd party app to sync my Palm with outlook on my PC. I use my PC to manage and organize that stuff, and it has categories, etc. Since I am on my laptop for a good part of the day, I also get the benefit of a full keyboard and a 24 inch display.

THe lack of categories in their PIM apps totally surprised me. I understand why they did it because they are using Synergy and assuming that no one actually used categories to organize a specific source of contacts. Synergy uses the source as if it were a category to combine the same contact from more than one source (For example you might have your spouse listed on Twitter, Facebook, and Outlook - and the Pre would consolidate them to However, they totally forgot how most Palm users had used their PIM for the last 15+ years. It was a huge mistake to do that to their most valuable audience - PalmOS users tat upgrade. If it wasn't for Pocket Mirror, I would have gone back to my Centro.

PS. I tried both COmpanionLink and PocketMiror (I have a great storry about how I screwd myself up by being stupid in how I tested them...) Companionlink only supports USB, and PocketLink only does WiFi. I thought I preferred Companionlink because a USB cable is more dependable (public WiFi won't work because they won't let clients see each other on a public network for security reasons). However, CompanionLink stopped working abd I couldn't get it figured out with their support for several days. I had to head back out on the road, so I went with PocketMirror. Turned out to be ok becase I figured out how to sync over BlueTooth so I could sync when I am on the road. Now that I have that all figured out and gotten hooked on the Touch Stone, I'm glad I am not doing it over a USB cable (in case you were wondering).

I hope that helps. PM me if you need to discuss this further.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 04/02/2010 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    From what I understand, you'd probably be best off moving everything over to Outlook and sync through Pocketmirror. From what I understand, Companionlink doesn't do two way sync. (I could be wrong)

Personally I just gave in and moved everything to google calendar. I found that they can do catagories in contacts and I use different calendars instead of catagories. And it all syncs up in the cloud effortlessly. You might want to give Google syncing a try.
    FYI, CompanionLink and PocketMorror both work as they did with PalmOS. They can sync in one direction or both. The primary difference is that Companionlink syncs over USB. PocketMirror uses WiFi or Blutooth. Both have trial periods so you can play and test.

I would get fired if I synced my Outlook stuff to Google, Palm, or any other cloud. I don't think most users (or anyone at Palm) understand the privacy and confidentiality issues of synching corporate exchange information to/thru a cloud service. In some cases there could also be serious PCI and/or HIPPA violations to worry about, as well. That's why I couldn't buy a Droid (they REQUIRE that it all goes through Gmail). If I couldn't get CL or PM, I would have gone back to my Centro. I would have hated giving up my Pre, but I would get fired if I started syncing company information with a public service.