1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I'm having an odd issue and it has been off and on for the past two weeks.

Essentially, when I turn off my phone or it turns itself off after 30 seconds of no use, the screen goes black, but the backlight stays on.

Sometimes after this happens, the backlight will stay off and I cannot use the phone unless I pull the battery out. Once this happens though, pressing the power button does not turn it on and the only way to get it to boot is to plug it in via USB.

I also noticed that if the backlight stays off, I can just plug a USB cable in and it will turn it back on, but the issue will stay. It's quite annoying and I'm not sure if it's a phone issue or a software issue. The issue will sometimes just fix itself as well.
    have you tried restarts/ and or battery pulls?
  3.    #3  
    I guess you didn't fully read my post....

Both a restart and a full battery pull will fix the problem for a while, but it always comes right back. It's sporadic and will even fix itself, but a lot of times it completely renders my phone useless unless I am by a computer to correct the issue with a USB cable.