Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    First thing that should be mentioned is the relentless annoyance of 3 different employees trying to get me to get the Droid. When I came in I said "I want to upgrade my phone to a Pre Plus" and the lady immediately asked what attracted me to that phone and have I looked at the Droid. A guy at the counter also asked me why I didn't want the Droid (who wasnt helping me) and finally the guy who set it up and made sure the email worked even started asking me why I dont like the Droid and trying to go on about the Apps/Open source etc etc. Thats my mini rant...I think its ridiculous.

Anywho, onto the phone. I think my favorite thing is the screen, it is so bright and vivid, I couldnt believe it. (I came from a Storm 1). Typing is easier then I thought as well, but will still take a little time to get quick I am sure. I bought a touchstone charger while I was there also because it has to be the coolest thing availabe for this phone lol.

I will probably enjoy the phone stock for a few days/maybe a week before I throw the 720/800mhz patch on but I can tell it could use a little bit more pep.

And the Web Browsing so far has been awesome (hated it on my storm). The built in YouTube app is also pretty good, and the Facebook app I dl is definitely better then my old phone.

Now I need to hunt through the forums for must have apps/patches etc lol
    I have no idea why Verizon is still pushing the Droid. I'm glad you went for the Pre Plus though, it's amazing. Yea, the screen even amazes me to this day. I love how bright the colors are on the phone.
    make sure you check out preware
    welcome to the family
    Welcome to Precentral.net, coming from a BB Storm I can relate to typing on a Storm, I think they called it "sure type", I called it "sure miss", lol. Anyways, click here to learn about Preware and Homebrew communities, enjoy

http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    make sure you check out preware
    Thats what I'm about to look into now Just plugged it into the comp and gonna start reading up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Welcome to Precentral.net, coming from a BB Storm I can relate to typing on a Storm, I think they called it "sure type", I called it "sure miss", lol. Anyways, click here to learn about Preware and Homebrew communities, enjoy

http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware
    LMAO I couldnt STAND the words that thing would come up with instead of the common word I was trying to use lol. But look at the bright side, my Storm Car Charger/USB cable are both compatible with the Pre Plus so atleast it was good for something!
    Glad you stuck with getting the pre. It's too bad it often gets ignored. Welcome to precentral. The developers and writers here are great.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Welcome and enjoy the Pre!
    Good choice. I got pre replaced today and got a good look at the Droid while I was waiting. That thing is ugly and big as hell, enough said.
    I also saw the Droid in person recently and thought wow is this thing big and ugly. It obviously must make up for the appearance by it's performance ????
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Good choice. I got pre replaced today and got a good look at the Droid while I was waiting. That thing is ugly and big as hell, enough said.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawse771 View Post
    Welcome to p|c!

Here are the "must have" patches I would recommend. After the 1.4.1 upgrade, these were the ones I missed the most while waiting for the patchers to update their patches. If you have any questions, speak up, there is always someone around to try and help.

Battery as Percent instead of icon
    4x4 or 5x4 icons
    Add date to top bar
    time stamp text messages

Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    I have no idea why Verizon is still pushing the Droid. I'm glad you went for the Pre Plus though, it's amazing. Yea, the screen even amazes me to this day. I love how bright the colors are on the phone.
    First thing that should be mentioned is the relentless annoyance of 3 different employees trying to get me to get the Droid. When I came in I said "I want to upgrade my phone to a Pre Plus" and the lady immediately asked what attracted me to that phone and have I looked at the Droid. A guy at the counter also asked me why I didn't want the Droid (who wasnt helping me) and finally the guy who set it up and made sure the email worked even started asking me why I dont like the Droid and trying to go on about the Apps/Open source etc etc. Thats my mini rant...I think its ridiculous.
    I'm thinking of a word that starts with 'com' and ends with 'mission'. Just my $0.02
    Last edited by noco37; 04/02/2010 at 08:59 PM.
    Now now. The Droid is a great phone, but so is the Pre, and there are certainly things that the Pre has over the Droid. 3D gaming for one. And a really great community here at Precentral too

Welcome and enjoy!

Anywho, onto the phone. I think my favorite thing is the screen, it is so bright and vivid, I couldnt believe it. (I came from a Storm 1). Typing is easier then I thought as well, but will still take a little time to get quick I am sure. I bought a touchstone charger while I was there also because it has to be the coolest thing availabe for this phone lol.

I will probably enjoy the phone stock for a few days/maybe a week before I throw the 720/800mhz patch on but I can tell it could use a little bit more pep.

And the Web Browsing so far has been awesome (hated it on my storm). The built in YouTube app is also pretty good, and the Facebook app I dl is definitely better then my old phone.

Welcome to the family. I recommend that you install Preware. That is the simplest way to get patches and themes. It works just like the App Catalog.

I also recomment that you add the 720 or 800 patch. It will blow you away.

Finally, I recommend that you get a second battery and external charger (you will kill your battery for awhile because you will be playing with yur phone constantly), or perhaps an extended battery. THe Touchstone doesn't work with an extended battery, but there is a guy on these forums that will take the touchstone wiring out of your standard back and put it in the back for the extended battery...

Let's of people in here to help you. Just ask.
    welcome to the brotherhood.... u will love it here....

I can confirm this. I switched from Sprint (had the pre) to verizon (I got 2 pre +) and they were trying to sell us droids.

I know my phone and I sat there and showed him what my phone would do, and what his droid wouldn't. He was talking about getting one before I left. So yea, Verizon people aren't educated on the palm pre + sadly
    Welcome aboard! You da man!!!
    I had the blackberry storm when it first came out... what a nightmare of a phone when it first came out... had MUCH more issues then the pre ever had.. but now it's had time to settle down.
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    I also saw the Droid in person recently and thought wow is this thing big and ugly. It obviously must make up for the appearance by it's performance ????
    One thing on the Droid that I'm surprised I don't hear more about on here is the oreo effect. I saw a demo unit, and I swear the corner moved 1/4" when it was closed. Opened, it was tight, but closed, there was a lot of play.

Then I looked closer at my Pre, and noticed it was tight when opened too (though the twist when closed was much less than the Pre).

A sales girl came buy to help, amd I told her the comparison I was making. She said the demo was like that because it's "used so much" (I didn't even address the obvious). She then showed me hers own Droid, and it was just as bad!!.

I've decided that some twist is juat part of being a slider.