Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    That's the response given to a guy at my office when he was browsing phones and asked about the Pre Plus. Nice work Verizon, real nice.
    *sigh* Yet again...

My friend just bought two last night and I warned him before he went in that he might experience negativity, but to not listen to the nonsense. Dude wouldn't even set them up for him. Took a passive aggressive approach to it and told him it would take 40 mins to set up each one and if he "really wanted him to" he would do it for him, but that "he could do it himself." ***? Luckily he and his brother have me. But I'm so annoyed by this constant nonsense. Customer service is my issue and that was BS.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    I'm so glad I dumped Verizon, they are idiots. I have saved over $500 dollars since last June going with Sprint.
    i keep hearing about these types of things and have yet to experience it. while the tech at the verizon store was not up on all the ins and outs of the pre -his exact quote to me was that is a nice phone and when i was on the phone with customer service after i fried the phone trying to get them to replace it they were engaging and did not bad mouth the pre or palm or anything about the 2 -- sorry to hear that these things are going on but i don't think they dominate --personally
    Well I'm in the UK and was looking at various phones from a number of carriers in Carphone Warehouse.

I focussed in on the pre and got talking to the saleman who told me it was an very good phone and had got one of the best write-ups in What Mobile.

So it's not all bad.

(strangely enough I was looking at it alongside the HTC HD2)
    after we kick the droid **** then we should forward it to verizon and advise them that droid does not anymore
    the droid is nothing more to a verizon salesman/rep than the bb storm was...and that is 'the iphone killer'/a way to make more money, especially with the droid being sold at 199. i went into my local vzw store to play around with the pre (i have one coming next tuesday) and EVERY customer that came in there wanting a new phone was instantly directed to the droid, after being asked if they were in the market for a smartphone. its sickening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berath View Post
    Well I'm in the UK and was looking at various phones from a number of carriers in Carphone Warehouse.

I focussed in on the pre and got talking to the saleman who told me it was an very good phone and had got one of the best write-ups in What Mobile.

So it's not all bad.

(strangely enough I was looking at it alongside the HTC HD2)
    I got mine on O2 from the CFW too

No negativity at all, it got a lot of good reviews.
    to much crap to deal with big red.. and sprints cheaper..sprint rocks..
    But I would rather be dead than go back to Verizon. I was forced there after the Alltel "merger" and have been miserable with dropped calls, losing internet and BIS... hours spent on the phone with unhelpful, unfriendly customer service or straight up lied to by tech support... So, I am VERY happy to be with Sprint now and the Pre...
    First Alltel "smartphone" HTC Touch (4 devices); then HTC Diamond (1 device); then Blackberry Pearl 8130 (1 device; the Blackberry Curve 8330 (6 devices due to becoming Verizon customer ); then.... Finally the wondrous and amazing Palm Pre and I will never go back!
    Quote Originally Posted by soylo View Post
    to much crap to deal with big red.. and sprints cheaper..sprint rocks..
    Off Topic:

I work in radio as a prod director and I have an air-shift on a rock station. VZW sponsors my all request noon hour, so I have to read a live 10 second liner everyday.

I get to say things along the lines of 'your smart so get smarter with vzw.. dont pay more for service you save with vzw because you have a reliable network working for you'

Yeah.. My plan with Sprint saves me 40+ a month than the same offerings through VZW. (everything data w/ 900 min, anytime anymobile, unltd data, txt, sms, free gps etc..)

GO SPRINT!!

Looks like it is up to us to keep pushing the Palm Pre/Pixi. It is well known VZW will no longer promote the webOS platform and push people to the Moto Droid. Assbags!
    i work at radioshack (as alot of you know) and im constantly pushing the pre =) plus i get to let prospective buyers play with mine and they almost immediately love WebOS and then i tell them i can wifi tether and multitask like crazy and they love it...we cant sell verizon so i dont care for them anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest09 View Post
    i work at radioshack (as alot of you know) and im constantly pushing the pre =) plus i get to let prospective buyers play with mine and they almost immediately love WebOS and then i tell them i can wifi tether and multitask like crazy and they love it...we cant sell verizon so i dont care for them anyway.
    Kudos to you for pushing a great platform (even if it has its 'growing pains')

come on, lets cut big red some slack, there still new to smartphones
    Quote Originally Posted by pahomefinders View Post
    come on, lets cut big red some slack, there still new to smartphones
    but they claim that they are the big dogs, and for that they should not get any mercy lol
  16. jchien
    So I returned mine that I bought since the battery life really did suck as bad as the rep said.

When I walked in to inquire about it she said I wouldn't do that especially since you have a blackberry. You will hate the phone and the battery life sucks. She said I would have to keep it on the charger in the car and while I was at work to keep it going. Well it wasn't that bad but it was bad enough that I can't do it. Took it off the charger at 8am and by 1030 when I got to the verizon store to return it, I was down to 74%
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    Off Topic:

I work in radio as a prod director....
    That wasn't off topic at all. That was spot on!
    Last edited by Colonel Kernel; 04/02/2010 at 07:40 PM.
    guess you didn't know it takes a week or so for the battery to stabalize.
    Quote Originally Posted by jchien View Post
    So I returned mine that I bought since the battery life really did suck as bad as the rep said.

When I walked in to inquire about it she said I wouldn't do that especially since you have a blackberry. You will hate the phone and the battery life sucks. She said I would have to keep it on the charger in the car and while I was at work to keep it going. Well it wasn't that bad but it was bad enough that I can't do it. Took it off the charger at 8am and by 1030 when I got to the verizon store to return it, I was down to 74%
    Coming from a Blackberry I can see how you would feel that way. One question: did you look into spare/extended batteries?

My battery life has never been good, but it has also never bothered me. I am very thankful for Palm's odd decision to use the old Centro/800w battery, as it gave me two spares and there are days that I need all three. There was just one day that three batteries were not enough, but that was because of network roaming in the middle of New Hampshire. All three batteries were dead within three hours. The roam-only patch now has that solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by jchien View Post
    It always amazes me when people upgrade their phones to a Pre that they expect them to have the same battery life.

Do you get the same mileage in a Porshe as a Chevy Cavalier?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast