Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jchien View Post
    So I returned mine that I bought since the battery life really did suck as bad as the rep said.

When I walked in to inquire about it she said I wouldn't do that especially since you have a blackberry. You will hate the phone and the battery life sucks. She said I would have to keep it on the charger in the car and while I was at work to keep it going. Well it wasn't that bad but it was bad enough that I can't do it. Took it off the charger at 8am and by 1030 when I got to the verizon store to return it, I was down to 74%
    I can usually go all day and still be between 60% and 70% when I set it back on my TS charger. Recently I ran the battery monitor on it overnight to see what how much juice by Pre consumes at idle and this is what I got after 9 hours
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    When we were looking to replace a BB with a Pixi, the Sprint rep advised me against it. We went with it anyway.. they were trying to sell us on their android phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    Off Topic:

I work in radio as a prod director and I have an air-shift on a rock station. VZW sponsors my all request noon hour, so I have to read a live 10 second liner everyday.

I get to say things along the lines of 'your smart so get smarter with vzw.. dont pay more for service you save with vzw because you have a reliable network working for you'

Yeah.. My plan with Sprint saves me 40+ a month than the same offerings through VZW. (everything data w/ 900 min, anytime anymobile, unltd data, txt, sms, free gps etc..)

GO SPRINT!!

Looks like it is up to us to keep pushing the Palm Pre/Pixi. It is well known VZW will no longer promote the webOS platform and push people to the Moto Droid. Assbags!
    You should weave in some comments about the Palm Pre that is available on Verizon at the end of your scripted comments....
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Coming from a Blackberry I can see how you would feel that way. One question: did you look into spare/extended batteries?
    I've had a Mugen 1400 mAh extended battery for a few weeks now and while slightly better than the OEM Palm battery, battery life is still less than desirable. It doesn't surprise me as the difference between the two batteries wasn't that great. I would like to have gone with a bigger battery, but I didn't want to alter the aesthetics of the phone so I deal with the (lack of) battery life because at the moment there's nothing out there better than webOS imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I'm so glad I dumped Verizon, they are idiots. I have saved over $500 dollars since last June going with Sprint.
    i don't know about how it is where you live but i carry a nextel / sprint phone for work and unfortunately i get horrible service -- verizon works much better here and every thing else aside that is really what is the most improtant thing to me --how does it work as a phone?

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    That's the response given to a guy at my office when he was browsing phones and asked about the Pre Plus. Nice work Verizon, real nice.
    I'm proud to say I've sold more Pre Plus and Pixies than anyone in my entire district. I continue to motivate everyone in my store to sell them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i don't know about how it is where you live but i carry a nextel / sprint phone for work and unfortunately i get horrible service -- verizon works much better here and every thing else aside that is really what is the most improtant thing to me --how does it work as a phone?

Rob
    I live in the greater LA, California area and travel a lot for work in CA, AZ and NV and I am always loaning my phone to my associate when he can't get a signal on his iphone
    One of my coworkers on VZW is considering the Pre (she has a BB now) and I told her to not let a VZW salesperson talk her out of looking at the Pre.
    She laughed at me, I told her I was serious, they'll try to talk you into a Droid or BB.
    I told her that if she gets one, she can ask me and another coworker who has a Pre as tech support.
    I live in the greater LA, California area and travel a lot for work in CA, AZ and NV and I am always loaning my phone to my associate when he can't get a signal on his iphone
    I live in northern colorado and at&t service is even worse than sprint here -- i have been with verizon for 15 years - since they were airtouch -- they take really good care of me and i have yet to have a bad experience with a service rep. ( i know i sound like a verizon shill but i swear i am not ) I have had many palm smart phones - 700p - 755p and now the pre and have never been told anything negative. everyone's experience varies but so far mine has been good -- they even let me out of my mother's contract with out much question after she became ill - (well quit talking to me but whats the diff i did not want to pay her bill any more)

Rob
    When I went in to buy my Pre Plus the rep didn't give me any grief (and he had a Droid). He also started geeking out about Mobile Hotspot.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    i don't know about how it is where you live but i carry a nextel / sprint phone for work and unfortunately i get horrible service -
    Not that it really matters, but I was a bit confused by your post. Do you have an iDEN phone (Nextel) or a CDMA phone (Sprint) for work.
    Fellow Shacker here--I just sold another Pre today, so that puts me in the thirty-forty range (one to myself of course). We had so much training on it and the Pixi, it was crazy. We have our own Palm rep. We love the phone.

It's my little buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rawvega View Post
    Not that it really matters, but I was a bit confused by your post. Do you have an iDEN phone (Nextel) or a CDMA phone (Sprint) for work.
    it is a iden -motorola I335 and this service is not strong but sprints cdma service is not strong in my area except within a couple of miles of the I25 cooridor
    as a matter of fact i was considering switching when sprint first recieved the pre because a co-worker had the pre but talking to him is impossible at times so i decided against it. -- not a sprint or at&t basher just bad service in my near rural area
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You should weave in some comments about the Palm Pre that is available on Verizon at the end of your scripted comments....

If I could I would.. We were pimpin the pre/pixi then VZW updated the scripts to take out palm and replaced with samsung - this was over a month and a half ago. If I go beyond the scripts then we don't get credit for the money and I get my *** kicked by management. co-op dollars at work... we need to prove we are doing what we are told or they don't pay us and if that happens then I get fired.

Trust me... I take 4 hr long showers to clean the 'filth' off of me after doing that. I feel so wrong for spreading those lies, but I am required to do it regardless. It is more of vzw fighting att even though att isn't in south dakota - well until their purchase of alltel gets cleared since this is a divested area.

--edited to fix the quote since I am drunk and can't pay attention--
    Last edited by fastamx79; 04/02/2010 at 08:45 PM. Reason: quoted wrong person
    Trust me... I take 4 hr long showers to clean the 'filth' off of me after doing that.[/QUOTE]

good thing you have a conscience but really if a person is basing thier decisions solely on what is coming out of the radio with out research and the knowledge that you are reading a script written by the company that is presenting the item then they are stupid -- no reason for you to feel bad about it -- it is your job and you need to keep it in these times -- you could be digging a ditch. then the shower would be to wash off mud
    IMHO Palm Pre is a bit buggy, considering the OS, but the idea is super. I dunno what phones the salesman uses, but i guess it's the iPhone, and surely, having that deivce one would hardly advise to buy a Pre.
    It's a good competitior to all new handsets, i like it and i like the size and the speed. iPhone was also even without copy/paste when it was out! And i have had a lot of hassle from the 1.0x versions.
    So.. i believe in Pre and WebOS! Although i fk it

BR

Max
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
    That's nice you let him use a real phone with a real OS that is REAL and GREAT. Sorry, I HATE Mac (have for a decade) and its UI. I also hate the fact Apple tries so hard to lock their phones from jailbraking (which you should be able to access it any way you want to) that they try to make it illegal!
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    it is a iden -motorola I335 and this service is not strong but sprints cdma service is not strong in my area except within a couple of miles of the I25 cooridor
    as a matter of fact i was considering switching when sprint first recieved the pre because a co-worker had the pre but talking to him is impossible at times so i decided against it. -- not a sprint or at&t basher just bad service in my near rural area
    Experiences vary. Where I live, all of the 4 big companies have service, but Sprint is by far the best for the price. Verizon has slightly superior coverage, but my phone gets coverage about 15 feet under ground and under a 1ft concrete ceiling/floor. Verizon phones don't.

Of course, Sprint doesn't maintain the towers out here, nTelos does (they also own them), and as such, Sprint has amazing coverage out in the rural-ish area I'm moving to this summer. The others don't have as good of service (AT&T has 1 bar & no 3G -- family members have AT&T)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I was assuming that you continued to speak on air after the spot as a host, dj, whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    If I could I would.. We were pimpin the pre/pixi then VZW updated the scripts to take out palm and replaced with samsung - this was over a month and a half ago. If I go beyond the scripts then we don't get credit for the money and I get my *** kicked by management. co-op dollars at work... we need to prove we are doing what we are told or they don't pay us and if that happens then I get fired.

Trust me... I take 4 hr long showers to clean the 'filth' off of me after doing that. I feel so wrong for spreading those lies, but I am required to do it regardless. It is more of vzw fighting att even though att isn't in south dakota - well until their purchase of alltel gets cleared since this is a divested area.

--edited to fix the quote since I am drunk and can't pay attention--
    While I personally prefer the Pre, the Droid has far fewer returns, better build quality, and a more accepted OS at this point. People see commercials and get that 'Me too!' attitude and want the Droid. Neither phone is right for everyone, but the Droid has been majorly successful.

At this point it's like walking into a computer store and saying you want a computer. They have Windows (Blackberry - old faithful, household genericized trademark), Mac (Android - it's so in right now! It even has APPZ), and Linux (Palm - miniscule mindshare, techy crusaders singing its praise). What kind of computer do you suppose the salesperson would start with?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast