Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Hmm... the Telcel option now looks interesting...

439.99 direct from Palm + Free shipping to US
    39 bucks unlocking

http://www.palm.com/us/products/phon...er-phones.html

And I get a fully unlocked HSPA Pre right now.

Except Telcel is still at 1.4.0...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Wouldn't it make more sense to get a Pre Plus that should be days or maybe weeks away from AT&T. This way you know it will work on their network, which as a US GSM user you are likely looking for, and if there are any issues it should be much easier to get fixed and supported. Not to mention more memory and IMO a better looking face plate without the little round button.

Sure a legally purchased Telcel from Palm should have a good warranty but I think you are likely to be better off with a big carrier based in the US to support you.

Just a thought.

Also, no chance of the issues with paid app support for the wrong country and you also know that as an AT&T model with a big US base that OS updates should be more current.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by shootz View Post
    Interesting.

Well, who's going to step up to the plate first and try?
    I'm expecting a locked Pre to come in shortly, and I will certainly give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post
    I hardly understand what you wanted to say, but i have never mention i will do it for free.
    And all i wanted is just to meet some nice people and talk about the Pre.
    The fact that i unlocked mine is just a warning to someone, who i supposed to see here but he never appeared.

The rest of the topic posts are innocent bla bla. So you are also welcome too, your opinion is appreciated.

Don't forget to check this topic. I wait for your bug reports.
    My comment was not on whether you charge for it or not...
    It was the fact that it was all so secretive when people started asking questions....You were saying I know how to do something but I won't share. At least now people can decide if they want to pay the price and unlock their Pre. Now we have specifics....if you see what I mean...

The question I have is this....
    What are the chances that this won't work?
    Also after it gets "unlocked" any future Doctoring won't affect it right?

Thanks
    Vas
    Well i am in the progress now. I bought 5 unlock credits, and got a download with instructions, but although the email referres to the "Your Login details to enter in the client SW are above" I did not see, nor receive the login details. Also an "order retreival" did not show up the login details. I have opened a support ticket, and keep you guys posted.

After following the fantastic support of NextGenServer i unlocked my Pre. PERFECT
    Thanks Max for making this possible!!
    Last edited by Richard Rosenberger; 04/15/2010 at 09:50 AM. Reason: UPDATED
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    My comment was not on whether you charge for it or not...
    It was the fact that it was all so secretive when people started asking questions....You were saying I know how to do something but I won't share. At least now people can decide if they want to pay the price and unlock their Pre. Now we have specifics....if you see what I mean...

The question I have is this....
    What are the chances that this won't work?
    Also after it gets "unlocked" any future Doctoring won't affect it right?

Thanks
    Vas
    Vas doing the 'Moonwalk of the Sceptic'
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    Well i am in the progress now. I bought 5 unlock credits, and got a download with instructions, but although the email referres to the "Your Login details to enter in the client SW are above" I did not see, nor receive the login details. Also an "order retreival" did not show up the login details. I have opened a support ticket, and keep you guys posted.
    Hey Richard, why five?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Hey Richard, why five?
    Maybe he wants to unlock 4 of ours here too
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Maybe he wants to unlock 4 of ours here too
    Well, Michael... For me he's just half an hour away
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Hmm... the Telcel option now looks interesting...

439.99 direct from Palm + Free shipping to US
    39 bucks unlocking

Palm USA | Developer Phones

And I get a fully unlocked HSPA Pre right now.

Except Telcel is still at 1.4.0...
    Now I am soooooooooo torn. Yes, The AT&T Pre Plus is due out well, soon. The real truth is that we don't have a confirmed date for it's release. We have only guestimated it'll land sometime between Apr 26th - May 10th around here.

Yup, taking Palm up on that free developer account was a good idea if it means a Telcel Palm Pre can be at my doorstep in two days. The thought of a 3G Pre in my hands that actually delivers 3G data speeds on AT&T's North American network is awefully tempting.

Gotta hold off at least until Richard Rosenberger reports back results then decide if I want to help fatten up Mr. Slim's Mexican wallet.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Hey Richard, why five?
    I own 3 pre's at this moment, and i have a 20 Pre install base in NL and BE. I want to supply my customers with an unlock solution to get rid of the update restrictions, and modem FW issues. (i only do O2 UK Units).

I hope NextGen Solves this fast. I don't want to be the next one to be screwed by some bogus unlockcompany like anyphoneunlock.com and iphoneunlock.com, although NextGen is known as reliable, and helpful, so i do not expect any problems. Just some startup errors perhaps.

UPDATE: just got an email from NextGen:
    Your Credit/Login Details for your purchase from Nextgen Servers Ltd
    Thank you for your patience, the delay in your order was caused by a failure in paypal's order notifacation system.

and:
    Item: 5 Palm Pre Unlock Credits
    Accid: 2xxx4 LOGIN: 1xxxxxxxx8 PASSWORD: dxxxxxxxx4 BALANCE: 5

Ok, back to work!
    Last edited by Richard Rosenberger; 04/15/2010 at 07:05 AM. Reason: UPDATE
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    I own 3 pre's at this moment, and i have a 20 Pre install base in NL and BE. I want to supply my customers with an unlock solution to get rid of the update restrictions, and modem FW issues. (i only do O2 UK Units).

I hope NextGen Solves this fast. I don't want to be the next one to be screwed by some bogus unlockcompany like anyphoneunlock.com and iphoneunlock.com
    +1

They got me too. I was so upset that I got ahold of their sales manager and gave her such an earful she ended up issuing my card two refunds.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    +1

They got me too. I was so upset that I got ahold of their sales manager and gave her such an earful she ended up issuing my card two refunds.

TTB
    Just like to make clear that you are not talking about nextgenserver.com but the other companies mentioned.

More news to come for preCentral members later today.

Jethro
    Nextgen Servers Ltd.
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgenserver View Post
    Just like to make clear that you are not talking about nextgenserver.com but the other companies mentioned.

Jethro
    Nextgen Servers Ltd.
    Good thing you joined us here. I'm expecting an unlocked Pre to come in.
    Can I buy your unlock solution now, and use it next week?
    Wanted to share with you that I've just finished the unlocking process and it seems to be a complete success!!!

One comment only, is that you must make sure to have the "main server" option selected in the "Server settings" box inside the settings tab of the unlocking client.

Regards.

Jethro
    Nextgen Servers Ltd.
    TY also for your work!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post
    Simlock is not a warranty issue, nobody would care your phone is locked or unlocked. The warranty must provide you with insurance that your device won't get dead by no reason. The procedure we do does not interefere the workability of the GSM/3G modem since it just read the data out for further processing.

Jethro
    Nextgen Servers Ltd.
    ALL,
    To be crystal clear, Richard and I referenced getting screwed by anyphoneunlock.com and iphoneunlock.com!

We were definately not referring to nextgenserver.com! There's quite a few of us lined up and ready to do business with Nextgen Servers Ltd. at nextgenservers.com .

TTB
    Quote Originally Posted by registroaplicacion View Post
    Wanted to share with you that I've just finished the unlocking process and it seems to be a complete success!!!

One comment only, is that you must make sure to have the "main server" option selected in the "Server settings" box inside the settings tab of the unlocking client.

Regards.
    Our sincerest thanks go out to Max and Jethro for making this a reality for Palm Pre users worldwide!

TTB
    To all the sceptics (I admit I initially was one of them):
    See that Thanks! button below maxrfon's post?
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Our sincerest thanks go out to Max and Jethro for making this a reality for Palm Pre users worldwide!

TTB
    So you bought it and worked ok?
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast