Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 960
  1. #141  
    Well of course I know they aren't...

    Although I keep on having this feeling that the codes are as easily available as the Centro's. Those codes go for like 3 bucks on eBay. But anything works for me at this point. I've been waiting long enough.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Well of course I know they aren't...

    Although I keep on having this feeling that the codes are as easily available as the Centro's. Those codes go for like 3 bucks on eBay. But anything works for me at this point. I've been waiting long enough.
    I think Max misunderstood me earlier.




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 04/13/2010 at 11:58 PM.
  3. #143  
    But you addressed me first so I thought you were talking to me :P
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    But you addressed me first so I thought you were talking to me :P
    I was talking to both of you. i responded to your post and included Max because it appeared to me that both of you might have thought I implied something I hadn't



    Too funny, now go read your PM'S for a smile


    TTB



    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 04/13/2010 at 11:58 PM.
  5. #145  
    has anyone attempted to unlock via JTAG? I used a Segger here for along with a couple other emulators and so far I have only been interested in finding the DAP port testpoints for the Cortex-A8 since my projects are eliminating the Radio board completely. I ended up removing the CPU to find the Cortex JTAG locations but so far all i've done with the modem board is remove shields to see if I can find the missing link to eliminating the Radio. would it help at all if I got the JTAG points for the Modem? if I need to I have no problem doing that at all but would have to look around on ebay for a liquid damaged or cheap GSM pre since i'm guessing the locations would be off.
  6. #146  
    Man if this unlock gets released soon I'll be one happy chap - I'm looking at buying a new phone soon and really want a pre! The only way I can get one is from overseas (I'm in NZ and they're not sold here) and unless it's unlocked I'm pretty much screwed

    I nearly bought a Nexus One but if an unlock is on the way soon I'll hold off...
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post
    Yeah and in enlish it means.... ?
    OK Max, today is the big day. WHERE can we buy your software?
  8. #148  
    You read my mind, where is it?
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I completely disassembled two Pre's, the EU Movistar Pre with its communications board stamped EU, and the North American Mexico Telcel Pre with its communications board stamped NA as part of my failed unlock effort.
    I found a German motherboard for your collection!

    Palm Pre (8 GB) Smartphone Systemplatine - Mainboard - eBay, Ohne Vertrag, Handys Smartphones, Handy Organizer. (Eindtijd 18-apr-10 16:45:04 CEST)
  10. #150  
    This intrigues me purely on the basis of repairability. Currently per Palm, Pre's must be sent back to Palm for warranty repair, but what if someone's warranty has been voided or is expired and they must pay for repair. The cost of having Palm repair the device is outrageous. Sooner or later there will be a slew of broken devices on the marketplace to be snapped up at bargain prices.

    Having dissassembled and reassembled two Pre's I feel confident I can also repair them, providing I have replacement parts on hand. I'm currently using one of the Pre's myself, and the other one was sold to a happy PreCentral member in Canada who's currently using the GSM device on Rogers/Fido with a RSC. Another member who might be interested in Pre parts could be Richard Rosenberger, a PreCentral member who run's a mobile products repair facility in Europe.

    This idea is worth putting some more thought into .....

    TTB

    Anyone need a new camera/loudspeaker for their Pre?
    http://cgi.ebay.de/Palm-Pre-8-GB-Sma...item1c11aafcb2


    BTW, If you happen to run across any North American GSM Communication boards (Radio boards) for the Pre or Pixi, I'd appreciate you forward that info. I'll buy as many as can be found Thx.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 04/14/2010 at 10:44 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    This intrigues me purely on the basis of repairability.
    Yes, I was thinking the same thing.
    I've seen some "Sprint Pre for Parts" but they're still quite expensive.
    Palm Pre Parts, Cell Phones PDAs, Tools. Great deals on eBay!
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I was talking to both of you. i responded to your post and included Max because it appeared to me that both of you might have thought I implied something I hadn't



    Too funny, now go read your PM'S for a smile


    TTB



    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.

    Hi TTB

    I understood your post correct, so thank you again!

    Btw i have not found anything in my PM, so if that's not a big hassle for you -send me the funny story too

    Thanks
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Tech View Post
    has anyone attempted to unlock via JTAG? I used a Segger here for along with a couple other emulators and so far I have only been interested in finding the DAP port testpoints for the Cortex-A8 since my projects are eliminating the Radio board completely. I ended up removing the CPU to find the Cortex JTAG locations but so far all i've done with the modem board is remove shields to see if I can find the missing link to eliminating the Radio. would it help at all if I got the JTAG points for the Modem? if I need to I have no problem doing that at all but would have to look around on ebay for a liquid damaged or cheap GSM pre since i'm guessing the locations would be off.
    OK here is the point:
    Even if you get connected to the cortex maximum you'll gain is to look at nice digits changing it's value from one to another because.. the Pre simlock is a smart thing, it's based on IMEI of course, some data and... random digits.
    The code creation part is more in size than the part where the phone functionality is LOL And the source data get's changed after each code was produced. This means you would need to do a reverce job to get the source data back and it is different for every phone.
    Well the code is not kept like that, it's obvious, it's hashed and when you enter the code it hashes your input and sends somewhere else to compare. But if you get the "trash" from mem, that was used to produce the code you can do some good tool to reverce it and get the codes.

    Well, so i wish you luck. I have my first pre killed and totaly disassembled - no help. The flash IC is soldered over the CPU! That made my eyes get very big (when i realised it), so i left the JTAG aside of this project.
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
  14.    #154  
    I think they have released it, if not then tomorrow.
    Keep checking the Nextgen Server Home of Remote Phone Unlock, Treo, Blackberry Unlock Code Server, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, HTC, Huawei, USB Modem, Unlock your cell phone to any network in real time online. for the pre unlocking.

    There will be a code for 10% discount for our community.

    Thanks to all.
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post
    I think they have released it, if not then tomorrow.
    Keep checking the Nextgen Server Home of Remote Phone Unlock, Treo, Blackberry Unlock Code Server, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, HTC, Huawei, USB Modem, Unlock your cell phone to any network in real time online. for the pre unlocking.

    There will be a code for 10% discount for our community.

    Thanks to all.
    No sign of it yet, but I look forward to the morning.
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post
    Yeah and in enlish it means.... ?
    In English it means....too much talk too little action...

    I'm sorry to say so but ppl who are offering to the community don't blag about it. They get on with it and do it....
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    In English it means....too much talk too little action...

    I'm sorry to say so but ppl who are offering to the community don't blag about it. They get on with it and do it....
    I hardly understand what you wanted to say, but i have never mention i will do it for free.
    And all i wanted is just to meet some nice people and talk about the Pre.
    The fact that i unlocked mine is just a warning to someone, who i supposed to see here but he never appeared.

    The rest of the topic posts are innocent bla bla. So you are also welcome too, your opinion is appreciated.

    Don't forget to check this topic. I wait for your bug reports.
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.schumacker View Post
    No sign of it yet, but I look forward to the morning.
    It has appeared now:
    Palm Pre Unlocker, Unlock Palm Pre Network & SIM locks

    £25 per phone you want unlocked. You download the client to your PC, it apparently reads your Palm and gets an unlock code from its server. Also claims to unlock all Pre's worldwide.

    Max, is your procedure reversible? I imagine that doing this would void any chance you had at under-warranty repairs.
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by shootz View Post
    It has appeared now:
    Palm Pre Unlocker, Unlock Palm Pre Network & SIM locks

    £25 per phone you want unlocked. You download the client to your PC, it apparently reads your Palm and gets an unlock code from its server. Also claims to unlock all Pre's worldwide.

    Max, is your procedure reversible? I imagine that doing this would void any chance you had at under-warranty repairs.
    Simlock is not a warranty issue, nobody would care your phone is locked or unlocked. The warranty must provide you with insurance that your device won't get dead by no reason. The procedure we do does not interefere the workability of the GSM/3G modem since it just read the data out for further processing.
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
  20. #160  
    Interesting.

    Well, who's going to step up to the plate first and try?
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions