Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Btw - there is one more big bug in the Pre functionality:
    When you enter diag more with luna-send, and your phone is running a new OS you will get stuck in diag mode until you update it or run webosdoctor. Or if you have USB Passthough installed prior sending diag mode command.
    What a mess
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post
    Well, i will release a POC (proof of concept), not a commercial solution, so if they sell it - it's up on their responcibility in front of Palm inc
    I do not crack things - i search for weakness(es) and report it to the customer... That's more correct.
    Aha, so it could be while before we see it materialized, right?
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Aha, so it could be while before we see it materialized, right?
    Today i pass all the materials including the software to the customer.
    I don't think they pay money just to have it hense tomorrow they will publish it.
    Cool, tomorrow sounds like a good day to start your second thread, right?
    Max,

Where were you back in January when I really needed ya? That was the month my whole world was engulfed with an unsuccessful attempt to unlock the Telcel palm pre with a RebelSIM II card. It
  6.    #106  
    Cool, tomorrow sounds like a good day to start your second thread, right?
    I guess. But to be honest i doubt i will post after that.
    I will go aside and continue with my researches.

I need a help - how to install an application in Pre?
    Can i copy from one phone applications folder and put to another? I am total dummy in linux and pre's OS
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Max,

Where were you back in January when I really needed ya? That was the month my whole world was engulfed with an unsuccessful attempt to unlock the Telcel palm pre with a RebelSIM II card. It
    I was home You should call me and i would come
    It's ok, you will not need your card soon
    Btw does it work now?
    I guess. But to be honest i doubt i will post after that.
    I will go aside and continue with my researches.

I need a help - how to install an application in Pre?
    Can i copy from one phone applications folder and put to another? I am total dummy in linux and pre's OS
    Ehrrrr. I'm a bit of a dummy as well. Correction; I am the dummy here (I still use VB6 )
    I think you can extract the program files, and pack them with a package program again.
    I was home You should call me and i would come
    It's ok, you will not need your card soon
    Btw does it work now?
    Nope, the folks at Rebel SiM could not even get their emulator to work with an AT&T SIM in a Telcel Palm Pre. They blamed the the 128K AT&T SIM cards, but after more research, we discovered several other reasons the Telcel Mexico Pre would not function with a RSC with an AT&T USA SIM. Telcel must have known that americans on AT&T would be drooling at the chance to get their device with its North American 3G frequency 850 - 1900 MHz 3G connectivity built into the communication card on to AT&T's network in the USA. Seriously, the device is locked tighter than a virgin wearing a chastity belt.

Furthermore, ToniCipriani recently discovered that Telcel deliberately destroys the GDFS (i.e. the unlock code count) so the devices are hard locked. Its clear the only unlock solution that will work on the device is a software based one, like your's.

I gave up, purchased an IMEI unlocked Spanish Movistar Pre that I could use my AT&T SIM card in (without north american 3G service) and sold my device to someone who could use it in it's locked condition (he has a 32K Rogers/Fido SIM card which for whatever reason, the RSC does happen to provide an unlock solution for.

TTB
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Nope, the folks at Rebel SiM could not even get their emulator to work with an AT&T SIM in a Telcel Palm Pre. They blamed the the 128K AT&T SIM cards, but after more research, we discovered several other reasons the Telcel Mexico Pre would not function with a RSC with an AT&T USA SIM. Telcel must have known that americans on AT&T would be drooling at the chance to get their device with its North American 3G frequency 850 - 1900 MHz 3G connectivity built into the communication card on to AT&T's network in the USA. Seriously, the device is locked tighter than a virgin wearing a chastity belt.

Furthermore, ToniCipriani recently discovered that Telcel deliberately destroys the GDFS (i.e. the unlock code count) so the devices are hard locked. Its clear the only unlock solution that will work on the device is a software based one, like your's.

I gave up, purchased an IMEI unlocked Spanish Movistar Pre that I could use my AT&T SIM card in (without north american 3G service) and sold my device to someone who could use it in it's locked condition (he has a 32K Rogers/Fido SIM card which for whatever reason, the RSC does happen to provide an unlock solution for.

TTB
    Ok, we will get back to the topic when i finish. There is a solution for the hard locked devices. But now i am not able to cover all alone. I am like a sqirrel in a round wheel, but i would love to get back to this issue!
    I am not sure, but Pre's chipset is able to run at any frequency, it's quadband one. the only difference is the setings in the nv_items ( IMO ).
  11.    #111  
    Ehrrrr. I'm a bit of a dummy as well. Correction; I am the dummy here (I still use VB6 )
    I think you can extract the program files, and pack them with a package program again.
    yeah, i understand that, but it's still linuH
    I see there is a nice solftware over here - WebOSQuickInstall, so maybe people from that group will share?
    WebOSQuickInstall is created by Jason Robitaille.

You can also have a look here:
    Main Page - WebOS Internals
  13.    #113  
    WebOSQuickInstall is created by Jason Robitaille.

You can also have a look here:
    Main Page - WebOS Internals
    I notice this, good soft. But i need just a small software to tap and get the diag mode off. The thing is - i use a factory Pre, it has nothing installed and i ran the diag (via novaterm) whithout thinking of the consequences
    So now i have a brick...
    I have 3G and Wifi, so it would be nice to have a software i could download and tap it and get my Pre back.
    I notice this, good soft. But i need just a small software to tap and get the diag mode off. The thing is - i use a factory Pre, it has nothing installed and i ran the diag (via novaterm) whithout thinking of the consequences
    So now i have a brick...
    I have 3G and Wifi, so it would be nice to have a software i could download and tap it and get my Pre back.
    HAve you tried running webosdoctor on your phone..it usually brings any Pre back to life. You can get them here

Re installing ipk.. see here

3b) To Install Pre Apps Using PuTTY(Wifi)
    Gain root access to your Pre (instruction here Portal:Accessing_Linux)
    Open a PuTTY terminal to your Pre (instruction here Putty)
    Type "sudo /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install URL" (where 'URL' is the url of the .ipk you want to install)
    Reboot Pre or Luna using "reboot" or "pkill LunaSysMgr" or "sudo luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}"

Hope this helps.

Looking forward to being able to unlock my phone.

Gx
    So now i have a brick...
    To get the diag mode off, you may want to check the GPS thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html

Not sure though, but I think there were some users who got lost in diag mode. You can perhaps use the method described above to install terminus (terminal app), as you will probably need to launch an mtp command to get out of diag mode.
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    HAve you tried running webosdoctor on your phone..it usually brings any Pre back to life. You can get them here

Re installing ipk.. see here

3b) To Install Pre Apps Using PuTTY(Wifi)
    Gain root access to your Pre (instruction here Portal:Accessing_Linux)
    Open a PuTTY terminal to your Pre (instruction here Putty)
    Type "sudo /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install URL" (where 'URL' is the url of the .ipk you want to install)
    Reboot Pre or Luna using "reboot" or "pkill LunaSysMgr" or "sudo luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}"

Hope this helps.

Looking forward to being able to unlock my phone.

Gx
    Sounds great, thanks! But where to get terminal app to install via WiFi?
    Sounds great, thanks! But where to get terminal app to install via WiFi?
    Did you install Preware using Webos Quick Install?

If not:
    On computer:
    Connect Pre to computer (Dev Mode)
    Start Webos QuickInstall
    Click the blue arrow to the right
    Select webos insternals (all)
    Select the Package Manager Service
    Download and install
    Click the blue arrow to the right
    Select webos insternals (all)
    Select Preware
    Download and install

On Pre;
    Start Preware
    Look for Terminus (Terminal doesn't work in 1.4.1 yet I believe)
    Last edited by tomi666; 04/13/2010 at 04:45 PM.
    maxrfon, even a skeptic like me is starting to believe you now.

Would the old PST for GSM Motorolas work on the chipset? Functions seem similar to QPST, and this is a software that I am very familiar with.
  19.    #119  
    Did you install Preware using Webos Quick Install?
    No, it's not possible since the novacomd is not running anymore, when you issue GPS enable to mpt.
    Actualy what i have is Pre that has SMS and contacts, which i can't erase, and it has nothing installed, but factory OS.
    I can use WIFI or 3G only, but it's not "rooted" so i can't connect with putty...
    Palm BUGX!
    No, it's not possible since the novacomd is not running anymore, when you issue GPS enable to mpt.
    Actualy what i have is Pre that has SMS and contacts, which i can't erase, and it has nothing installed, but factory OS.
    I can use WIFI or 3G only, but it's not "rooted" so i can't connect with putty...
    Palm BUGX!
    Is your pre in developer mode? Type webos20090606 in the standby screen.