Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post
    Ok, unlock your, Toni. We will wait your feedback.
    I wonder what's the price for unlock. And this is good for me, now i will unlock Pixi too
    Why would I bother with the Vodafone one when I'm in North America?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Toni
    because they are arrogant much more than me
    Like you for example
    Well Max, thanks a lot then. Nice talking to you.
    See you when I see you.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Well Max, thanks a lot then. Nice talking to you.
    See you when I see you.
    Oops (Tomi), wrong meaning - i mean they are arrogant, and you - i just enjoy talking to you. Sorry for the typo!
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
    Oops (Tomi), wrong meaning - i mean they are arrogant, and you - i just enjoy talking to you. Sorry for the typo!
    Well thanks then.
    Since you're the guy to ask, what about changing the IMEI of a Pre.
    Any tips for that? I know it's extremely illegal in the UK, but this is just theoretically.
  5.    #85  
    Well thanks then.
    Since you're the guy to ask, what about changing the IMEI of a Pre.
    Any tips for that? I know it's extremely illegal in the UK, but this is just theoretically.
    I don't think i am ready to answer this question. It is hardcoded into flash OTP area, so it would involve some other instruments/knowledge.
    But i am sure it's possible since almost all phones firmware has a lot of bugs. Even the most perfect security sometimes has the most stupid bugs, like new DCT4 nokia (1661 and so on). It has one of the most security, but the bug was in a weak RSA implementation LOL. There is a thread for that in other forum, where you have googled my name of. Right now reading and just laughing, because i offered this method to some guy who is doing nokia's and he did not believe me If i were him i would listen to what i say.
    some-possible-hints-nokia-dct-4-reversing is the thread name.
  6.    #86  
    i have to correct - maybe it's in the OTP Or Nand OTP. Since it's the most common way to hide the IMEI.
    OK, and what is your experience using QPST for this on a GSM device? Would it kill the device?

Thanks, but I have no idea what you just said
    You lost me at hardcoded which usually means I cannot do it.
    I don't understand... how am I arrogant? I asked several questions and pointed out one fact...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  9.    #89  
    OK, and what is your experience using QPST for this on a GSM device? Would it kill the device?

Thanks, but I have no idea what you just said
    You lost me at hardcoded which usually means I cannot do it.
    QPST is very dangerous tool. I have killed my first pre with it. So no more QPST for me
    In most cases qpst is ok, when you deal with CDMA phone. In GSM it has no use at all. Unless they keep some crypto tables in custom nv_items.

I just said the IMEI is probably in NAND (memory type) flash ic. Nothing else. You can't change it that easy, a lot of encryption depends on the IMEI, so as soon as you change a byte in the IMEI the encryption will return false and the phone won't get alive unless you will find a way to put back the original IMEI.
    QPST is very dangerous tool. I have killed my first pre with it. So no more QPST for me
    In most cases qpst is ok, when you deal with CDMA phone. In GSM it has no use at all. Unless they keep some crypto tables in custom nv_items.

I just said the IMEI is probably in NAND (memory type) flash ic. Nothing else. You can't change it that easy, a lot of encryption depends on the IMEI, so as soon as you change a byte in the IMEI the encryption will return false and the phone won't get alive unless you will find a way to put back the original IMEI.
    Good to know. Thanks!
    Look, you're already playing nice. You can do it!
    Max,

After rereading your initial posts in this thread, and then following the dialogue that's been going on between you and Tomi666, I am more sympathetic to and have empathy for you and the position you take. Personally, I would have chosen to display a little less arrogance when creating a new thread in this particular community, but I am aware that things are not always what they initially seem to be.

As you yourself mention in a previous posting, it has become clear to most of us that it's not arrogance you are displaying, but a lack of englsh knowledge which doesn't allow you to always answer in the way you want. Additionally, it has become clear to me at least that your previous experiences have impacted the the way you choose to communicate in this arena.

I do have a question regarding something you referenced in an earlier post:
    Sure the 5$it will be released today or tomorrow, ...
    Are you inferring that someone is about to release or implement your solution on a commercial basis ? If that is the case, I believe it would serve everyones needs (yourself, the vendor, and our community) if that information is made available here.

Thanks,
    TTB
    And Max would be hero for a day
  13.    #93  
    And Max would be hero for a day
    Indeed for a day
    No, actualy i am not a hero, but just a penetration test engineer.
    I wanted to use my skils for ethical hacking but so far there was no request So i use it in the way i can. Neither Palm or any other manufacturer needs people like me. They prefer to keep bugs in to let the public to hack the devices, which allows it to be very spread. Because if Palm or aples sell the phone to O2 only then it would be at most 1 000 devices and where from would it get 1mill $$ for the developers programm LOL
    In the way it is - they sell it to O2, O2 sels it to someone and then it flows like that, so everybody has income.
    A German mobile manufacturer has tried this bad experience(creating the perfect protection) and ended up with adding ben q in the front.
    So after that case manufacturers like to give away some hints, like the iphone story - do you think from a nowhere appeared a group of 5 boys and started jailbreaking a totaly unknown device in less than 2 weeks? LOL no
    There was initial info that leaked out (far not ocassionaly). So aples is clear in front of the operators faces and everyone is trying to get use out of it.

I just wonder why a group of guys would spend LIFE for nothing, issuing jailbreaks? It has indeed no sense They have to be millionaires to keep the pants on

Like noika for example, when they figured out that their sales went down for 80% (1,5 year after the BB5 had seen the world) they leak out an elf file, just "ocassionaly" where you can clearly see how to unlock it! And it was not Palm's elf file, it was real elf with all debug info inside...
    And so on...
    So what i mean is - i will always be an undergroud worker, and indeed not a hero
    Last edited by maxrfon; 04/13/2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: spelling
    Indeed for a day
    No, actualy i am not a hero, but just a penetration test engineer.
    I wanted to use my skils for ethical hacking but so far there was no request So what i mean is - i will always be an undergroud worker, and indeed not a hero
    Sure the 5$it will be released today or tomorrow, ...
    Are you inferring that someone is about to release or implement your solution on a commercial basis ? If that is the case, I believe it would serve everyones needs (yourself, the vendor, and our community) if that information is made available here.

Thanks,
    TTB
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Max,

After rereading your initial posts in this thread, and then following the dialogue that's been going on between you and Tomi666, I am more sympathetic to and have empathy for you and the position you take. Personally, I would have chosen to display a little less arrogance when creating a new thread in this particular community, but I am aware that things are not always what they initially seem to be.

As you yourself mention in a previous posting, it has become clear to most of us that it's not arrogance you are displaying, but a lack of englsh knowledge which doesn't allow you to always answer in the way you want. Additionally, it has become clear to me at least that your previous experiences have impacted the the way you choose to communicate in this arena.

Thanks,
    TTB
    Hi

You see, there is someone who ordered it and therefore the one will release the commercial thinga..
    I finished 80% up to now, so i guess today or tomorrow morning (Europe time) it will see the world.
    I will try to ask the company to make some intro discount for this great community, why not?
    For the vendor i have another offer, but i think that first they should be interested in it and contact me personaly, from the vendor's email.

Thank you for your offer, if they allow an unlocking app to be in the app catalog then we will win the million prise So i would lovely get some help in developing an app for that
    hi max,

sorry , it should be .cn not .com
    Hi

if they allow an unlocking app to be in the app catalog then we will win the million prise So i would lovely get some help in developing an app for that
    Yes, you would likely get the $100,000.00 top prize, however, this is one appllication we'll never see in Palm's official app catalog. The carriers would probably revolt!
    I finished 80% up to now, so i guess today or tomorrow morning (Europe time) it will see the world.
    Make sure no one steals it this time OK?!
    And also, tell us where to go once it is released. There will probably a lot of sites trying to make money by claiming they sell your product.

Oh and you mean either "today" or "tomorrow", right? Not "in the near, not too distant, but perhaps longer than you expect, future"?

I ordered an extra Spanish locked Pre for my wife, so your release schedule is perfect for me
  19.    #99  
    Make sure no one steals it this time OK?!
    And also, tell us where to go once it is released. There will probably a lot of sites trying to make money by claiming they sell your product.

Oh and you mean either "today" or "tomorrow", right? Not "in the near, not too distant, but perhaps longer than you expect, future"?

I ordered an extra Spanish locked Pre for my wife, so your release schedule is perfect for me
    Well, i will release a POC (proof of concept), not a commercial solution, so if they sell it - it's up on their responcibility in front of Palm inc
    I do not crack things - i search for weakness(es) and report it to the customer... That's more correct.
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post
    hi max,

sorry , it should be .cn not .com
    Thank you. So either way they do not unlock - they use factory unlocked ones.
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast