Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748
Results 941 to 960 of 960
  1. #941  
    Doctor it to version 1.4.5 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...p100ueu-wr.jar

    Then start with step 1.

    Use USBNet is Enabled
    Should not be enabled. Doesn't say anywhere in the instructions.
  2. #942  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkpatel View Post
    The only concern that remains now is the App Catalogue which mysteriously has stopped working. It does not show any Apps at all...
    Any clue what could've gone worng?
    This is what went wrong:
    [QUOTE=rkpatel;2875255]
    *Palm webOS Version: 1.1.2[/COLOR]

    Paid apps were made available in the UK starting version 1.4.1 I believe.
    There simply aren't any apps in the AppCat for your old version.
  3. #943  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Doctor it to version 1.4.5 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...p100ueu-wr.jar

    Then start with step 1.

    Use USBNet is Enabled
    Should not be enabled. Doesn't say anywhere in the instructions.
    Dear GFM,

    I hope you can help me out of complications here..

    - I tried to update the webOS 1.1.2 through wifi. It shows update 1.3.1 available. When I click on download, it shows DOWNLOADING.. and then immediately, shows Download Failed.
    I have checked, wifi workes

    - You mentioned Doctor it to Version 1.4.5. What is doctoring? Is it same as updating the webOS, but manually? How to do it?
    apologies for asking silly questions, but I am trying my best to get this device working

    - Nevertheless, I tried using the NextGen Unlock Client again after disabling the USBNet in the USB Passthrough Control. Guess what? Now the Unlock Client wont even work. Everytime I open it it searches for an update, then fails to reach its server and crashes. Everytime single time. Then I downloaded the from the email link once again. Still the same issue. Crash!!!

    Its been 3 days now, no email reply from NextGen. What should I do?
  4. #944  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkpatel View Post
    Dear GFM,

    I hope you can help me out of complications here..

    - I tried to update the webOS 1.1.2 through wifi. It shows update 1.3.1 available. When I click on download, it shows DOWNLOADING.. and then immediately, shows Download Failed.
    I have checked, wifi workes

    - You mentioned Doctor it to Version 1.4.5. What is doctoring? Is it same as updating the webOS, but manually? How to do it?
    apologies for asking silly questions, but I am trying my best to get this device working

    - Nevertheless, I tried using the NextGen Unlock Client again after disabling the USBNet in the USB Passthrough Control. Guess what? Now the Unlock Client wont even work. Everytime I open it it searches for an update, then fails to reach its server and crashes. Everytime single time. Then I downloaded the from the email link once again. Still the same issue. Crash!!!

    Its been 3 days now, no email reply from NextGen. What should I do?
    I already gave you the link: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...p100ueu-wr.jar

    Download it.

    Install the latest java.com: Java + You version.

    Doubleclick the jar file. Next. Next. Done.
  5. #945  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I already gave you the link: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...p100ueu-wr.jar

    Download it.

    Install the latest java.com: Java + You version.

    Doubleclick the jar file. Next. Next. Done.
    Hello GFM,

    As directed, I installed JAVA and doctored the webOS to 1.4.5.
    The happened successfully.

    HOWEVER, after the process, the phone asks to SIGN IN TO MY PALM PROFILE.

    I am not able to sign in because I am not able to turn on the wi-fi on the phone.

    Nothing happens when I touch the top bar, where the battery symbol is located

    How do I bypass that screen and turn on the wi-fi so that I can SIGN IN TO MY PALM PROFILE?
  6. #946  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkpatel View Post
    Hello GFM,

    As directed, I installed JAVA and doctored the webOS to 1.4.5.
    The happened successfully.

    HOWEVER, after the process, the phone asks to SIGN IN TO MY PALM PROFILE.

    I am not able to sign in because I am not able to turn on the wi-fi on the phone.

    Nothing happens when I touch the top bar, where the battery symbol is located

    How do I bypass that screen and turn on the wi-fi so that I can SIGN IN TO MY PALM PROFILE?
    rkpatel, read the first post of this thread, and stop posting questions which have been answered already.
  7. #947  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkpatel View Post
    Hello GFM,

    As directed, I installed JAVA and doctored the webOS to 1.4.5.
    The happened successfully.

    HOWEVER, after the process, the phone asks to SIGN IN TO MY PALM PROFILE.

    I am not able to sign in because I am not able to turn on the wi-fi on the phone.

    Nothing happens when I touch the top bar, where the battery symbol is located

    How do I bypass that screen and turn on the wi-fi so that I can SIGN IN TO MY PALM PROFILE?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    rkpatel, read the first post of this thread, and stop posting questions which have been answered already.
    Hello All,

    I bought my Palm Pre to gift to my cousin.

    Its been ages I am trying to unlock this phone but unfortunately there is a hurdle on every step.

    Sorry if I sound silly but I am also stuck at the same place as rkpatel. I donít know how to turn on my wifi in order to login to Palm Profile Page.

    GFN: I have been following all ur posts regularly. You have been very helpful on various occ.asions.
    But in this occasion even I donít know how to turn on wifi & sign in to Palm Profile Page.

    Could someone plzzz help me here.
  8. #948  
    Quote Originally Posted by sash77 View Post
    even I don’t know how to turn on wifi & sign in to Palm Profile Page.
    "even"?

    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...equencies.html

    Start at STEP ONE under JIC Multi Unlock Client.
  9. #949  
    OOOO GODDD!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

    Meta Doctor is so complicated for sumone like me with no knowledge of the basics of software.

    My Palm Pre has snatched away my peace, happiness & night's sleep.

    Guys any suggestions as what to do with my Palm Pre since now i cannot unlock it anymore.
  10. #950  
    See post above yours.
    No need for Meta-Doctor to unlock the phone.,

    You're being dramatic over nothing.
    Click the link, read, and post any problems in that thread.
  11. #951  
    Well, yesterday I buyed a unlock code from Nextgen and received the e-mail about download, but without the login and password to make the unlock.

    I has opened the ticket in support, but without reply until now.
    Some one have suggestions?


    Best regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  12. #952  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Well, yesterday I buyed a unlock code from Nextgen and received the e-mail about download, but without the login and password to make the unlock.

    I has opened the ticket in support, but without reply until now.
    Some one have suggestions?


    Best regards...
    Google Checkout is probably athenticating your purchase.
  13. #953  
    Google Checkout is probably athenticating your purchase.
    No, was using paypal and I received the e-mail with "Your Login details to enter in the client SW are above" I see nothing.

    22 hours since I opened my ticket support, and I continue without reply...


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  14. #954  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    No, was using paypal and I received the e-mail with "Your Login details to enter in the client SW are above" I see nothing.

    22 hours since I opened my ticket support, and I continue without reply...


    Best Regards...
    PM me the email you used. I will find out.
    I know them.
  15. #955  
    PM me the email you used.
    I used the same e-mail of my paypal account...

    [off]Payment sent! [/off]


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  16. #956  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    I used the same e-mail of my paypal account...

    [off]Payment sent! [/off]


    Best Regards...
    Received. Thanks.

    I just sent them a message. Will get back to you.
  17. #957  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    I used the same e-mail of my paypal account...

    [off]Payment sent! [/off]


    Best Regards...
    They replied to you yesterday and just now.
    Check your spam folder.
  18. #958  
    I have just unlocked my Palm Pre+ which was on the UK O2 network. If I update to WebOS 2.1 will it revert back to the O2 network lock or remain unlocked?

    Thanks in advance,
    Steve
  19. #959  
    Forget this... I took the plunge and inadvertently answered my own question. The 2.1 update worked and the unlock is still in place.
  20. #960  
    Quote Originally Posted by stiggypop View Post
    Forget this... I took the plunge and inadvertently answered my own question. The 2.1 update worked and the unlock is still in place.
    You're in an old thread that should be closed for lack of actual relevance.
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions