Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748 LastLast
    The B is no longer a problem.
    NextGen unblocks at no extra charge.
    It's default in the client. It resets the Unblock Counter when needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    You can check it:

Pop in a sim card, and boot your phone,
    It will ask for an unlock code, or an unBlock code. Notice the 'B'
    If the B in unBlock is present, you have a problem, consult Nextgen how to solve that.
    If you don't have the 'B' go ahead, and purchase the unlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    The B is no longer a problem.
    NextGen unblocks at no extra charge.
    It's default in the client. It resets the Unblock Counter when needed.
    You guys are awesome!!
    I've been faced with a peculiar problem..

The issue is with paypal. Although on the site they say they accept debit cards, when I try to enter my card details, it doesn't get accepted.

None of my debit cards are being accepted.

Googled it. Turns out the paypal doesn't accept Indian Debit cards, only credit cards. Am from India btw.

Even google-checkout has the same problem.

Hence am unable to purchase credits at nextgenserver.com.

Anyone got an idea to help me? I've got 2 phones
    Quote Originally Posted by rkpatel View Post
    I've been faced with a peculiar problem..

The issue is with paypal. Although on the site they say they accept debit cards, when I try to enter my card details, it doesn't get accepted.

None of my debit cards are being accepted.

Googled it. Turns out the paypal doesn't accept Indian Debit cards, only credit cards. Am from India btw.

Even google-checkout has the same problem.

Hence am unable to purchase credits at nextgenserver.com.

Anyone got an idea to help me? I've got 2 phones
    Try DigitalUnlock.com. Cheaper and faster.

Also read this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...equencies.html

As for solving your PayPal issue: no clue. Borrow someone's credicard.
    Try DigitalUnlock.com. Cheaper and faster.

Also read this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...equencies.html

As for solving your PayPal issue: no clue. Borrow someone's credicard.
    Thanx for that buddy.

But.. But.. But.. What kind of unlock is it with digitalunlock.com? (I know it's through recovery mode or something).

In a laymans term, does that effect my phone if I upgrade the OS or something in the future, or is it as good as nextgenserver's unlock code, which can be used again if it gets locked in the future?

---

I've linked my bank account with paypal. They take a few days to verify. I hope it goes through smoothly, so I can use that to possibly buy credits at nextgenserver..
    Thanx for that buddy.

But.. But.. But.. What kind of unlock is it with digitalunlock.com? (I know it's through recovery mode or something).

In a laymans term, does that effect my phone if I upgrade the OS or something in the future, or is it as good as nextgenserver's unlock code, which can be used again if it gets locked in the future?

---

I've linked my bank account with paypal. They take a few days to verify. I hope it goes through smoothly, so I can use that to possibly buy credits at nextgenserver..
    First of all, you cannot reuse NextGen's unlock. If Palm Repair relocks your phone, you will need to unlock it all over again.

DigitalUnlock is an easier procedure, from what I've heard.
    First of all, you cannot reuse NextGen's unlock. If Palm Repair relocks your phone, you will need to unlock it all over again.

DigitalUnlock is an easier procedure, from what I've heard.
    After more than a year being locked to O2... Nextgenserver has unlocked it!!!

Woo Hoo...!!!

However!
    1. Nextgenserver's Unlock Client did show any Network Unlock Code in the end. Simply asked to reboot the phone. Did that with an Indian SIM. Its working.
    Does it matter?

2. Just checked, App Catalogue is not working.
    Any solution for that?

3. Can I now safely update the phone to WebOS 2.0.
    Its currently at version 1.3.1
    2. Just checked, App Catalogue is not working.
    Any solution for that?
    Where was the phone 'FIRST' activated (create profile)?

3. Can I now safely update the phone to WebOS 2.0.
    Its currently at version 1.3.1
    webOS 2.0 is not yet available for the Pre or Pre+. But you should be able to update to webOS 1.4.5.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Unlocking without having to input the Network Unlock Code is AS DESIGNED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Where was the phone 'FIRST' activated (create profile)?

webOS 2.0 is not yet available for the Pre or Pre+. But you should be able to update to webOS 1.4.5.
    • The phone was activated in UK, and profile created in UK, using O2 network.
    Does that matter? Is there a solution?

• I hope there wont be any further issues if I upgrade the webOS to 1.4.5

Unlocking without having to input the Network Unlock Code is AS DESIGNED.
    Thnx GFM. You're very helpful.

• Another issue is, the battery runs down very quickly. How can this be fixed?

Thnx GFM. You're very helpful.

You forgot to DISABLE DIAG MODE (also called Qualcomm Mode).
    Enter #*usbpass# in the dialer and disable the passthrough port (just like enabling DIAG Mode, as per the unlock instructions, only the other way around).
    You forgot to DISABLE DIAG MODE (also called Qualcomm Mode).
    Enter #*usbpass# in the dialer and disable the passthrough port (just like enabling DIAG Mode, as per the unlock instructions, only the other way around).
    Thnx GFM.

So if I've go you correctly, all got to do in the USB Passthrough Control is to set the USB Port 1 from Diag Mode to None

I'm asking this because apparently the USB Port 1 was already set to Diag Mode when I entered USB Passthrough Control for the first time while unlocking.
    Probably it was set to Diag Mode by the local cell phone unlocking shop guy.

Anyway, I have set it to None as per instructions.
    Now lets wait and watch.

The only concern that remains now is the App Catalogue which mysteriously has stopped working. It does not show any Apps at all...
    Any clue what could've gone worng?
    Not sure what's really going on here, because if the phone was activated in the the UK, then you should have access to the UK "app catalog".

You should have no issues from updating to webOS 1.4.5. IN fact if anything, the update may actually resolve any other issues that you might be facing, such as access to the "app catalog".

Hopefully disabling 'Diag Mode' should have resolved the excessive battery drain issue. If not, then you should search for threads discussing battery life and how to increase it. Here is one that might be of considerable help. --> Dr. Battery

The only concern that remains now is the App Catalogue which mysteriously has stopped working. It does not show any Apps at all...
    Any clue what could've gone worng?
    Try doing a Full Erase (from Device Info), and logging back into your Palm Profile, or creating a new profile (if that is an option for you). Be sure to select UK English settings just in case.

You will still need an EU credit card to puchase apps.
    Not sure what's really going on here, because if the phone was activated in the the UK, then you should have access to the UK "app catalog".

You should have no issues from updating to webOS 1.4.5. IN fact if anything, the update may actually resolve any other issues that you might be facing, such as access to the "app catalog".

Hopefully disabling 'Diag Mode' should have resolved the excessive battery drain issue. If not, then you should search for threads discussing battery life and how to increase it. Here is one that might be of considerable help. --> Dr. Battery
    Try doing a Full Erase (from Device Info), and logging back into your Palm Profile, or creating a new profile (if that is an option for you). Be sure to select UK English settings just in case.

You will still need an EU credit card to puchase apps.
    OMG!! This is crazy!! This morning, I opened the App Catalogue on the phone and sat down to read your instructions to reset the Palm Profile... while I was still reading I noticed something appear on the screen of my phone..

All the app's mysteriously appeared out of no-where!!!
    hahaha... now I cant help but smile.. this is freakin awesome!!

You guys are legends!!
    Just a small thing remains to be done.. That is to update the webOS to 1.4.5, and we're all sorted!!

I love this phone

--

However on a side note, having used the likes of iPhone's, I feel the screen of Palm Pre response is slow . I wish there was a solution to improve its performance too.
    Just a small thing remains to be done.. That is to update the webOS to 1.4.5, and we're all sorted!!

I love this phone

--

However on a side note, having used the likes of iPhone's, I feel the screen of Palm Pre response is slow . I wish there was a solution to improve its performance too.
    Install Preware and look into the screen patches. There's some there that might be of use. Never used them myself though.
    Updating to webOS to 1.4.5 is not really a small thing and you must do it right away. There is much to be gaineds by doing so.

I am not sure whether you are referring to a general sluggishness in the response of the overall phone or the touch performance of the screen itself. Personally I find the response of the screen to be fine. The phone on the other hand can feel rather sluggish, that is until you discover the wonders of 'Preware' and the overclocking that can be achieved thru it. Once you overclock your phone to 1Ghz, I recommed "screenstate 500/1000", I am sure you will sing a different tune about the performance ofthe phone.

Quite simply, immediately update the phone to webOS 1.4.5 and then install Preware. You have not realized half the potential of the phone until you install 'Preware and all the goodies that can be got thru it.

Install Preware and look into the screen patches. There's some there that might be of use. Never used them myself though.
    Updating to webOS to 1.4.5 is not really a small thing and you must do it right away. There is much to be gaineds by doing so.

I am not sure whether you are referring to a general sluggishness in the response of the overall phone or the touch performance of the screen itself. Personally I find the response of the screen to be fine. The phone on the other hand can feel rather sluggish, that is until you discover the wonders of 'Preware' and the overclocking that can be achieved thru it. Once you overclock your phone to 1Ghz, I recommed "screenstate 500/1000", I am sure you will sing a different tune about the performance ofthe phone.

Quite simply, immediately update the phone to webOS 1.4.5 and then install Preware. You have not realized half the potential of the phone until you install 'Preware and all the goodies that can be got thru it.
    Guys, I dont have enough words to thank you!!!..
    I was living in a cave.. in the stone ages.. and u've shown me the light and I'm marvelled at the beauty and all the new possibilities that have opened up with this phone for me..

I am travelling at the moment, so I haven't be able to upgrade the webOS on my phone ..
    I have finally found a good internet broadband connection, but no wifi. I am not sure if its possible to update the webOS and install preware on it using my laptop and broadband connection..

If it is, then am a winner.. if not, then I've got to wait till I get back home or something ..

Thanx a trillion!!

Ps: Sanjay, I was referring to, both the general sluggishness in the response of the overall phone and the touch performance of the screen itself.
    Last edited by rkpatel; 01/18/2011 at 11:34 AM.
    After successfully unlocking first Palm Pre in January, I tried to unlock the 2nd one today. Purchased a credit from NextGen Server.

I have been unsuccessful in unlocking the phone

The Unlock client software shows:
    Process failed 16910080
    Please submit debug bin info to your reseller.
    Data collection error, check drivers.

- I can confirm that, I have set DIAG for USB Port 1 under USB Passthrough Control.
    Use USBNet is Enabled.

- Developer Mode is on.

- I had connected the phone to my computer and manually selected the drivers to “C:\\\\Program Files\\\\Multi Unlock Client\\\\Palm Pre\\\\Drivers”

*I use Windows Vista operating system.
    *The phone is already activated and does not need to be activated.
    *It is locked to O2 - UK. GSM.
    *Palm webOS Version: 1.1.2

This phone is very important to me and I want it to be unlocked urgently.

Kindly assist me.

Ps: I have also written to Nextgen. I am waiting for their reply.