Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364142434445464748 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by svegeta123 View Post
    Too bad I could not find myself an XP or Vista machine. I know that Win7 isn't officially supported by nextgenserver, but does anybody have a success result using Win7?
    Pls refer to the thread you're in for more info.
    It's been a wk now and I'm still not able to unlock my pre coz I don't have an xp or vista machine. Any idea if a "NETBOOK" running an xp can be used to unlock the phone?
    It's been a wk now and I'm still not able to unlock my pre coz I don't have an xp or vista machine. Any idea if a "NETBOOK" running an xp can be used to unlock the phone?
    Most certainly.
    Have done it 10x on my wife's netbook.
    im using netbook with win7 to run webos quick install and other mojo/palm 'hacker' programs. i think win7 is much less bothersome than xp. more mac-like if you will
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    Keep watching
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Most certainly.
    Have done it 10x on my wife's netbook.
    Thanks GFN. Did the netbook require you to do extra stuffs other than those specified in the nextgenserver's instructions? I am certain that the problem I had in unlocking was due to the firewall which unfortunately I don't have permission to disable. Now I thought of buying a cheap probably a 2ndhand netbook w/ xp
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycat View Post
    im using netbook with win7 to run webos quick install and other mojo/palm 'hacker' programs. i think win7 is much less bothersome than xp. more mac-like if you will
    Have you ever even unlocked a GSM Pre?
    Thanks GFN. Did the netbook require you to do extra stuffs other than those specified in the nextgenserver's instructions? I am certain that the problem I had in unlocking was due to the firewall which unfortunately I don't have permission to disable. Now I thought of buying a cheap probably a 2ndhand netbook w/ xp
    It seems a bit decadent to buy a netbook just for the unlock.
    Don't you know anyone with an XP machine?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    It seems a bit decadent to buy a netbook just for the unlock.
    Don't you know anyone with an XP machine?
    Yeah I should have bought the pre when I was still in SG. I jst recently moved to AU thus so far doesn't know much folks
    Yeah I should have bought the pre when I was still in SG. I jst recently moved to AU thus so far doesn't know much folks
    Hi GFN I am able to borrow a laptop with xp and finally unlocked the phone. So far so good. Web browsing works right away with 3g and I even have access to the app catalogue thanks a lot for the help
    You're welcome. Enjoy your phone!
    Kind a odd. Yesterday the 3g was ok (able to connect to internet) but this morning the device now only displays "g" in the upper right side The only thing I did was to "Turn on the airplane mode". After turning the mode again back to off, the network still displays as "g" and thus not able to connect to internet. Any idea guys?
    Thanks.
    Kind a odd. Yesterday the 3g was ok (able to connect to internet) but this morning the device now only displays "g" in the upper right side The only thing I did was to "Turn on the airplane mode". After turning the mode again back to off, the network still displays as "g" and thus not able to connect to internet. Any idea guys?
    Thanks.
    It is working back to 3g now. I tried toggling the "Network auto-select" to on, off, and on. Thanks.
    It auto-switches depending on your signal strength.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Windows required to unlock a Linux-based phone? Ugh. I borrowed an XP laptop at work and unlocked a used AT&T Pre Plus there. As I figured, the network there blocked whatever the software was trying to do (I'm guessing process data through nextgenserver) just after it hit 100%, so I used Mobile Hotspot on another Pre Plus to give wifi to the laptop and the Pre Plus. It timed out a few times and asked me to retry, and then it worked! Yay Nextgenserver.

The AT&T Pre Plus was Meta Doctored and signed on to one of my spare profiles via wifi and had a Telstra sim card in it from my last trip to Australia (on that trip I had a Pixi Plus I managed to get AT&T to give me the code for).
    My phone was relocked when sent back for repair. It seems my original phone with the same imei has been sent back to me but I tried the original calculated unlock codes and they failed.
    I have three questions:
    1) In case I remember incorrectly, which code should I be putting in? the one marked "sim code"

2) shouldn't this code unlock the phone again since it's the same phone?

3) have you heard about this situation before and how was it resolved?
    No idea, I'm travelling at the moment. Contact Nextgen.
    One curious question. Please help by answering this:

I have my Palm Pre locked to O2, UK. To unlock it, I had given it to a couple of retail shops which unlock phones. They failed to unlock. But they did attempt to unlock.

Now my question is, does it matter if they have tried to enter unlock codes numerous times on the device?

If its okay, then I shall go ahead and get an unlock code from Nextgen Server.

It depends on your answers guys.
    You can check it:

Pop in a sim card, and boot your phone,
    It will ask for an unlock code, or an unBlock code. Notice the 'B'
    If the B in unBlock is present, you have a problem, consult Nextgen how to solve that.
    If you don't have the 'B' go ahead, and purchase the unlock.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    You can check it:

Pop in a sim card, and boot your phone,
    It will ask for an unlock code, or an unBlock code. Notice the 'B'
    If the B in unBlock is present, you have a problem, consult Nextgen how to solve that.
    If you don't have the 'B' go ahead, and purchase the unlock.
    It says - "Enter Network Unlock Code"
    "Contact your carrier for the unlock code"

Hurray!!! Woo Hooo!!

Thanx a million Richard