Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748 LastLast
    okay thanks.. I've been digging it just seems either you know how to do it or there isn't a way.. I'd love to be paying 45$ a month instead of what I pay now. I will try calling a few other stores and see if they can do it if they're not a corprate store. DO you have yours on vzw still?
    <<Thread Merged>>

Haywire,

I'm merging this thread with the thread that will help you work through unlocking your device.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/29/2010 at 07:38 PM.
  3.    #863  
    GuyFromNam is the number 1!
    Out of all answers you can read in the official Pre's support forum, his answers in the treocentral/precentral are the most full and confident!

Thanks!
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by jictechnology View Post
    GuyFromNam is the number 1!
    Out of all answers you can read in the official Pre's support forum, his answers in the treocentral/precentral are the most full and confident!

Thanks!
    Max, you're back!

Now where's the Pixi unlock?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by streetfighter122 View Post
    Helo,
    I have a problem. I have entered to often a wrong network unlock code and now the phone is locking for unlock code (contact your carrier for the unlock code).

And the network unlock code doesn't work. Can you help me by this problem.

Locking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

streetfighter122
    We will be offering a service for removing the unblock code from the pre, it will be a mail in service only !! (yes you will have to send the phone to us). We will reset the unblock code and unlock it within the price we charge.

We will post more details on the website when the service is ready to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    graemer;
    What exactly was repaired? The modem or the motherboard?
    If the Pre has been repaired rigorously, it cannot be considered the same phone.
    They're not humans after heart surgery, you know

BTW: The last 3 numbers are not part of the IMEI.
    They won't tell me what was repaired. The repair notes says I got a new sticker and a s/w update. This was to resolve a touchscreen no longer being touch sensitive - go figure.

So the IMEI did not change, yet I needed a new NextGen key.
    Quote Originally Posted by graemer View Post
    They won't tell me what was repaired. The repair notes says I got a new sticker and a s/w update. This was to resolve a touchscreen no longer being touch sensitive - go figure.

So the IMEI did not change, yet I needed a new NextGen key.
    I'm not at all sure, but I think they replaced your modem, and the IMEI is on the motherboard. So they IMEI remains the same, but the modem is locked to the initial carrier.
    I'll ask Max if he can confirm this? Perhaps Toni or TTB can; they're far more knowledgable than I when it comes to hardware thingies.
    Check in the Device Info app to see if your IMEI is still the same?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgenserver View Post
    We will be offering a service for removing the unblock code from the pre, it will be a mail in service only !! (yes you will have to send the phone to us). We will reset the unblock code and unlock it within the price we charge.

We will post more details on the website when the service is ready to start.
    This is an awesome breakthrough for those who entered an incorrect Subsidy unlock code more than ten times. To kill their device this way, they must have been smoking crack, snorting meth, eating mushrooms, smoking pot and drinking Tequila shots during one heck of a binge session.

In my opinion, if the device is booting up to Enter UNBLOCK code with a non-carrier SIM inserted, then its owner/user deserves to have a post-It note with the words "ID - Ten - T" (id10t) stuck to his/her back and furthermore, they shouldn't be rewarded with a get out of jail free card from NextGen or anyone else very cheaply.

Apologies if this offends anybody: NextGen, I hope you stick it to them for this service!

PreCentral, Thanks for letting me vent.

TTB
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 07/31/2010 at 12:41 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by svegeta123 View Post
    Btw, does anybody know if a PRE-PAID at&t sim card can be used to activate the phone and create the palm profile?
    Yes, Go-Phone SIM cards with the data feature purchased and enabled can be used for activation and Palm Profile creation.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 07/31/2010 at 12:40 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I'm not at all sure, but I think they replaced your modem, and the IMEI is on the motherboard. So they IMEI remains the same, but the modem is locked to the initial carrier.
    I'll ask Max if he can confirm this? Perhaps Toni or TTB can; they're far more knowledgable than I when it comes to hardware thingies.
    Tom, sorry to correct you but the IMEI is on the modemboard, and the device serial is on the mainboard. BTW i discovered the Palm profile is locked to the IMEI for the GSM Pre's

Richard
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    Tom, sorry to correct you but the IMEI is on the modemboard, and the device serial is on the mainboard. BTW i discovered the Palm profile is locked to the IMEI for the GSM Pre's

Richard
    I've validated Richard's findings with an unlocked AT&T Pre Plus NA GSM radio board. Using a Bell Canada CDMA Pre, a Sprint CDMA Pre, a Movistar Spain EU GSM Pre and a Telcel Mexico NA GSM Pre for testing, each device shows the original AT&T Pre Plus IMEI # in its device information screen while the AT&T radio board is in it.

Richard
    ey Richard, long time
    No problem, but where does the unlocking take place then?

graemer claims his IMEI is unchanged after a Palm Repair visit.
    If the IMEI is on the modem and the modem is NextGen unlocked, what replacement in graemer's phone could have cause the relocking?
    ey Richard, long time

If the IMEI is on the modem and the modem is NextGen unlocked, what replacement in graemer's phone could have cause the relocking?
    Is it possible Palm re-locked the device? Did he try to reuse the same unlock code in it again? Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, only popping in for a quick visit, no time to scour the thread.

TTB
    ey Richard, long time

I think Max is the one to answer that, but i think it takes place in the QualComm modem chip. Palm CAN re-lock the device if they replace the modem, and since the Lock is based upon de IMEI code, i think the same unlock code might work, assuming Palm reflashes the new modem with the old IMEI. That is the reason i carefully document ALL unlocks i did upto now. We will see. I have a damaged unit i will send to Palm next week, that will answer some questions, if the IMEI does not change.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    This is an awesome breakthrough for those who entered an incorrect Subsidy unlock code more than ten times. To kill their device this way, they must have been smoking crack, snorting meth, eating mushrooms, smoking pot and drinking Tequila shots during one heck of a binge session.

In my opinion, if the device is booting up to Enter UNBLOCK code with a non-carrier SIM inserted, then its owner/user deserves to have a post-It note with the words "ID - Ten - T" (id10t) stuck to his/her back and furthermore, they shouldn't be rewarded with a get out of jail free card from NextGen or anyone else very cheaply.

Apologies if this offends anybody: NextGen, I hope you stick it to them for this service!

PreCentral, Thanks for letting me vent.

TTB
    What's worse is, that if NextGen orders such a service from JIC Tech, there must be a good bunch of people who did too way too much yaba.
    I think Max is the one to answer that, but i think it takes place in the QualComm modem chip.
    Good point. Max fried his first Pre using QPST, and I think the main use for that program is to (re)program the chip.
    Long time Palm user returning to the fold from Windows Mobile hell.

There seem to be two ways to unlock a Pre: 1. NextGen; 2. Rebel Sim Card.

Any advice on which is better?

Thanks

\Damn
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnMachine View Post
    Long time Palm user returning to the fold from Windows Mobile hell.

There seem to be two ways to unlock a Pre: 1. NextGen; 2. Rebel Sim Card.

Any advice on which is better?

Thanks

\Damn

Do a search in these forums for both. Dig deep, like back to January for the truth about RebelSIM and back to April for NextGen. I think you'll be able to answer your own question. One is definately better than the other, however it costs more. I happen to be very biased against one and for the other, so I'll leave it at that. As Sgt Joe Friday said in Dragnet "Just the Facts" .....
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 08/02/2010 at 09:58 AM.
    What TTB is basically trying to tell you is that Rebel Sim sucks.
    I happen to agree with him.