Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 333839404142434445464748 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Disable the DIAG mode!!!
    i have same battery problem but i didn't use nextgen method to unlock my pre... should i disable diag mode? and how can i do it?

thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by levoresume View Post
    i have same battery problem but i didn't use nextgen method to unlock my pre... should i disable diag mode? and how can i do it?

thanks...
    If no one unlocked your phone or messed with USBnet settings, I see no reason why your phone should be in DIAG mode.
    Helo,
    I have a problem. I have entered to often a wrong network unlock code and now the phone is locking for unlock code (contact your carrier for the unlock code).

And the network unlock code doesn't work. Can you help me by this problem.

Locking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

streetfighter122
    Quote Originally Posted by streetfighter122 View Post
    Helo,
    I have a problem. I have entered to often a wrong network unlock code and now the phone is locking for unlock code (contact your carrier for the unlock code).

And the network unlock code doesn't work. Can you help me by this problem.

Locking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

streetfighter122
    I think your phone is asking for an UnBBBBBlock code.
    There are 10,000,000,000 possible combinations, and you tried to break the code in ten times. Wow!

The only way you can use your phone (Pre or Pre Plus, this won't work on a Pixi) is by downgrading the moden software to version 1.3.5.2 and use a Rebel Sim Card.
    I think it's best if you now start searching the forums and start learning.
    It's a complicated procedure and you will have to learn how to do it yourself.
    Good luck with that
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 07/28/2010 at 12:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I think your phone is asking for an UnBBBBBlock code.
    There are 10,000,000,000 possible combinations, and you tried to break the code in ten times. Wow!

The only way you can use your phone (Pre or Pre Plus, this won't work on a Pixi) is by downgrading the moden software to version 1.5.3.2 and use a Rebel Sim Card.
    I think it's best if you now start searching the forums and start learning.
    It's a complicated procedure and you will have to learn how to do it yourself.
    Good luck with that
    I second that \/\/0\/\/!

btw: Think GFN means 1.3.5.2 not 1.5.3.2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    For those who maybe interested, I have just received my (Nextgen unlocked) Pre back from the Palm repair centre and it is locked.

The Nextgen code created the first time is not recognised now. I am suspecting Palm updated my IMEI which is why it isn't recognised.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Cheers
    Hi graemer,

can you confirm that the IMEI before and after the repair is different now?

Quote Originally Posted by graemer View Post
    For those who maybe interested, I have just received my (Nextgen unlocked) Pre back from the Palm repair centre and it is locked.

The Nextgen code created the first time is not recognised now. I am suspecting Palm updated my IMEI which is why it isn't recognised.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzilla View Post
    Hi graemer,

can you confirm that the IMEI before and after the repair is different now?
    The IMEI is the same as the last one, but the last 2 digits are the unknown. I have 03 now. I don't have proof, but I am sure that was different previously.

Cheers
    So, another Nextgen credit and my Pre is once again unlocked.

Palm obviously have a way to reset the unlocking. (Oh and the unlock code was different from the first one).

Be wary!

GR
    So, another Nextgen credit and my Pre is once again unlocked.

Palm obviously have a way to reset the unlocking. (Oh and the unlock code was different from the first one).

Be wary!

GR
    graemer;
    What exactly was repaired? The modem or the motherboard?
    If the Pre has been repaired rigorously, it cannot be considered the same phone.
    They're not humans after heart surgery, you know

BTW: The last 3 numbers are not part of the IMEI.
    Hi,
    I bought an AT&T LOCKED pre plus in ebay which has been tested to be working (using at&t sim) according to the user. If that's the case,

(1) does it mean that it is activated and I will no longer be prompted with the "profile creation" screen in my first attempt to unlock it using a different carrier sim card?
    (2) does the "profile creation" show regardless of the sim type (sim w/ data or w/o data)

I live in Australia and my friend in the US who has that phone I bought is too busy to play around with the phone to verify it. She's gonna send me the phone soon but by that time, I would no longer have a more convenient way to activate it if what the seller claims isn't true. I would like to skip the webos meta-doctor process just to bypass the profile creation.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by svegeta123 View Post
    Hi,
    I bought an AT&T LOCKED pre plus in ebay which has been tested to be working (using at&t sim) according to the user. If that's the case,

(1) does it mean that it is activated and I will no longer be prompted with the "profile creation" screen in my first attempt to unlock it using a different carrier sim card?
    (2) does the "profile creation" show regardless of the sim type (sim w/ data or w/o data)

I live in Australia and my friend in the US who has that phone I bought is too busy to play around with the phone to verify it. She's gonna send me the phone soon but by that time, I would no longer have a more convenient way to activate it if what the seller claims isn't true. I would like to skip the webos meta-doctor process just to bypass the profile creation.

Thanks
    Who tested it on AT&T? Explain.

Read here for info on a similar case:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...re-plus-t.html

It's best if you have it activated for the first time in the US.
    If that's the case, sit back and relax. Wait until you get the phone, and then come back here.
    Who tested it on AT&T? Explain.

Read here for info on a similar case:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...re-plus-t.html

It's best if you have it activated for the first time in the US.
    If that's the case, sit back and relax. Wait until you get the phone, and then come back here.

The seller tested it and he is not from at&t. If a LOCKED pre has been tested once, does that mean it's already been activated? If it's not, is it possible from someone in the US to activate it using an already used at&t sim card? Or if it's already activated, will it still prompt for a palm profile creation if another at&t sim is inserted? Sorry for the questions but I just really need to know before she sends it over to australia. Thanks
    The seller tested it and he is not from at&t. If a LOCKED pre has been tested once, does that mean it's already been activated? If it's not, is it possible from someone in the US to activate it using an already used at&t sim card? Or if it's already activated, will it still prompt for a palm profile creation if another at&t sim is inserted? Sorry for the questions but I just really need to know before she sends it over to australia. Thanks
    OK, in short.
    When you first turn on a Pre, you will get to the Activation and Profile Creation screens (that's one process). When released on official carriers, the data is already onboard so there's no problem. When people sell their Pre, they usually run a Full Erase, which will enable the next user to go through Activation and Profile Creation once again.

When using a Pre on an unofficial carrier, the data settings may not be in the Pre's database. In that case, you can enter Manual Settings in the the Activation and Profile Creation screens.
    If your carrier is not in the Pre's database at all, Manual Settings won't be possible.

That's where Meta-Doctor enters the scene:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html

It allows you to bypass the activation screen and add the correct data settings for your network to the Pre's database:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-settings.html

For more info, cotanct other Australian users on your network here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...pre-users.html

No matter what, make sure your phone is activated the first time in the US.
    You will have access to the US App Catalog and be able to buy apps using a Simon gift account: Simon Malls - Shopping Malls, Mall Stores, Gift Cards. If you activate your Pre in AUS for the first: no paid apps. And the first time sticks. No second tries after a Full Erase.

So your first priority should be to have the phone activated in the US.
    From that point on, just wait for it and take it from there.
    OK, in short.
    When you first turn on a Pre, you will get to the Activation and Profile Creation screens (that's one process). When released on official carriers, the data is already onboard so there's no problem. When people sell their Pre, they usually run a Full Erase, which will enable the next user to go through Activation and Profile Creation once again.

When using a Pre on an unofficial carrier, the data settings may not be in the Pre's database. In that case, you can enter Manual Settings in the the Activation and Profile Creation screens.
    If your carrier is not in the Pre's database at all, Manual Settings won't be possible.

That's where Meta-Doctor enters the scene:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html

It allows you to bypass the activation screen and add the correct data settings for your network to the Pre's database:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-settings.html

For more info, cotanct other Australian users on your network here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...pre-users.html

No matter what, make sure your phone is activated the first time in the US.
    You will have access to the US App Catalog and be able to buy apps using a Simon gift account: Simon Malls - Shopping Malls, Mall Stores, Gift Cards. If you activate your Pre in AUS for the first: no paid apps. And the first time sticks. No second tries after a Full Erase.

So your first priority should be to have the phone activated in the US.
    From that point on, just wait for it and take it from there.

Hi GuyFromNam, thanks a lot for your generous feedback. Really helpful and informative specially for those who are new to the community like me. Appreciate it!
    Is it possible to flash the pre plus to a different network other then vzw? I tried calling them to ask but they said the corparate stores can't, but even the non coprate ones are saying they dont know how to do it..I've looked on howard forwards and online but I can't find anything about how to flash.. I'm kinda get tired of vzws prices.
    Hi Haywire,

I have extremely limited info on this personally, but can't you just take the phone over to a Cricket location and have them flash it for you? I'm pretty sure that is what I've read. I'd just call a Cricket store and find out if this is in their abilities.

Also... take a look at this thread as it is discussed there:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...g-verizon.html
    Hi GuyFromNam, thanks a lot for your generous feedback. Really helpful and informative specially for those who are new to the community like me. Appreciate it!
    Btw, does anybody know if a PRE-PAID at&t sim card can be used to activate the phone and create the palm profile?
    Thanks, I called the corprate store and they said they don't have the right equipment or the permission to flash the pre. Something about it being a smart phone.
    There are a couple of people on here that may have an answer for you.. I'll leave it to them to give you a hand when they log in and see the thread.